The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Non-clubbing/drinking freshers 2014 events?

Are there any events for freshers that do not drink or go to clubs? I'm worried that I can't make friends with other freshers as well, since most events in fresher's week are parties (most of them in clubs), and they're not really my scene. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them, I just don't find them enjoyable. Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same? :\

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by c5k
Are there any events for freshers that do not drink or go to clubs? I'm worried that I can't make friends with other freshers as well, since most events in fresher's week are parties (most of them in clubs), and they're not really my scene. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them, I just don't find them enjoyable. Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same? :\

I feel exactly the same! Clubs scare me, but when I do go out (which isn't that often) I prefer bars and pubs :smile: what are you studying?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by c5k

Yeah, I feel the same! I'm commuting as well, so I feel like the only way for me to make friends will be to go to clubs and drink etc. :s-smilie: Hopefully there will be something for us non-drinkers!!
Original post by c5k

I'm not too fond of drinking and clubs either. I expect there will be a lot more of us than we think.
Original post by c5k

Original post by hannaht_
I feel exactly the same! Clubs scare me, but when I do go out (which isn't that often) I prefer bars and pubs :smile: what are you studying?

Original post by sayena
Yeah, I feel the same! I'm commuting as well, so I feel like the only way for me to make friends will be to go to clubs and drink etc. :s-smilie: Hopefully there will be something for us non-drinkers!!

Original post by disorientedpanda
I'm not too fond of drinking and clubs either. I expect there will be a lot more of us than we think.

(Another) non drinker here (:

We all could meet up at some place before uni starts. Which course are you all doing by the way? And are you all in the FB group(s)?
Reply 5
Original post by Sidhant Shivram
(Another) non drinker here (:

We all could meet up at some place before uni starts. Which course are you all doing by the way? And are you all in the FB group(s)?

I think that's a great idea! I'll be doing International Politics, how about you?
Original post by sayena
I think that's a great idea! I'll be doing International Politics, how about you?

I'll be doing actuarial science (:
Reply 7
I'll be doing actuarial science (:

Will you be commuting or living in halls? :P
Reply 8
We could all could meet up at some place before uni starts. Which course are you all doing by the way? And are you all in the FB group(s)?

I'd love to meet up before uni! I'll be studying law :smile: what about you guys? and I'm in the freshers FB group
Original post by sayena
Will you be commuting or living in halls? :P

I will be staying with some friends of mine. We haven't found a place yet but we are looking for one. Hopefully we'll have something in a week or two.

What about you? (:
Reply 10
I'm staying in Liberty Court
Reply 11
I will be staying with some friends of mine. We haven't found a place yet but we are looking for one. Hopefully we'll have something in a week or two.

What about you? (:

Ooh, good luck on finding a place!
No, I'll be commuting as I live about 10 mins away, so I didn't see the point :tongue:
I'm doing Psychology and haven't got a place to live yet haha, should be sorting that in the next week though.
I'm up for a meet up if anyone wants to once September starts.
Reply 13

Oh my god me too!! 😂 I've always been worried that I'd be the only one that doesn't love clubs! What fresher's events are you going to? I'm staying in Liberty Court too ahahaaa
Reply 14
Original post by HannahDG
Oh my god me too!! 😂 I've always been worried that I'd be the only one that doesn't love clubs! What fresher's events are you going to? I'm staying in Liberty Court too ahahaaa

Yayy 😁 I don't really know what I'm going to, I've only really looked at 3 and they're all clubbing events. I dunno where to look! You?
Original post by c5k

Meeeeee! So happy someone from city feels the same way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
So is anyone going to any freshers events? Which ones?
Reply 17
Yayy 😁 I don't really know what I'm going to, I've only really looked at 3 and they're all clubbing events. I dunno where to look! You?

Yeah I've looked at a few but not bought any, not sure which ones to go to :biggrin:
Reply 18
So is anyone going to any freshers events? Which ones?

Do you have a link for the events. All I can find is a facebook page with very little information. The Student Union could do a lot better tbh.
Reply 19
The only events I know of are the ones in the FB group. I tried google but nothing really came up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending