The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

freshers etc.

What's everyone thinking about the 'fresh' student union events? Chase and Status will be good obviously, but I'm wondering whether it's worth buying a wristband for the whole week?

Also, anyone studying History?
Reply 1
looks alright, looking forward to the Chase and Status DJ set, and Scouting for girls, but yeah not sure on which wristband i'll buy yet tho... probably the gold one :smile:

and im doing business management myself
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Chase and status are very good live, have you seen them before? Saw them in Ibiza and at Global Gathering.. DJ set is very different to their live show. Scouting for girls played at a local free festival haha! Think gold is the best for money because all we miss is a rock night or something?

I was planning on doing something like that until I realised I needed a maths GCSE which I failed 😂 should be okay though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I think i'll get the gold band, it all looks pretty good. The rock night is free anyway, its just the big quiz we might have to pay for if you get the gold band. Seems like a pretty good deal to me! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Think I'm just going to go for the gold band aswell to be honest seems the best deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
though i've seen on a fair few posts that a few 2nd years have reccomended to just get the freshers night one then buy the other tickets on the day so you know what your new like flatmates nd friends want to go to also? so yeah debating that idea now also

nahh not seen Chase and status live, well idk i may have but dont think so atleast, yeah rocknight is summit i'd be interested in aslong as it doesnt clash with anything important?
Reply 6
Hey, I'm getting the gold band too, soo excited for the uv paint party!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm getting the Gold wristband :-) So excited for Freshers week too, the events seem brilliant, super excited for the paint party!!
Reply 8
Original post by DanC611
What's everyone thinking about the 'fresh' student union events? Chase and Status will be good obviously, but I'm wondering whether it's worth buying a wristband for the whole week?

Also, anyone studying History?

I think I'm getting tickets separately, but I'm definitely interested in Chase and Status and Scouting for girls. I'll probably do a few of the other nights too but I don't think I'll be going all out.

I'm also studying history too. :smile:
Reply 9
I'd strongly suggest to all of you to wait until you are here. The gold band will restrict you to one venue for the entire week and is also extremely overpriced, whereas every club in Lincoln will be hosting events to cater specifically to freshers. Save your money until you get here, that way you won't feel obligated to go if something else better pops up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest