The Student Room Group

Course induction

Is it worth it to go to my course induction during freshers week?
Absolutely.
Yes
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there

Yep, I think that would be a good idea. You will be able to learn what the course is about, the structure and teaching methods to get you on top of your studies. Furthermore, it will also be a really good opportunity to meet new people, you may be able to meet some that are from your classes.

Hope that helps. :biggrin:
Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep

Hi,
Attending your course induction is really recommended. It can sometimes be annoying if it clashes with fresher activities but usually they don't take up too much of your week and you will still have plenty of time to get involved in freshers.

Inductions are a good opportunity to see/meet some of your courses faculty staff, other people on your course and get an insight into what your year and degree will be like. Attending your classes from the start also sets you up well for continuing this routine for the rest of your degree because whilst it can be tempting you really should try not to skip any lectures/classes.
Hope you enjoy freshers and all the best for uni - Catherine (University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador)

A great way of failing your course is not turning up to all the lectures that tell you what, when and where to do stuff. For bonus points you would also miss a key opportunity to start meeting other students, making friends, finding your way round campus etc.

This is kind of like "should I read the instructions on this chain saw, or just fire it up later on and see how I go ?"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending