The Student Room Group

What is university induction like?

Just wondering what a Uni induction day is like. I have one coming up at Sheffield Hallam and I'm scared because I don't know what to expect. Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by miztwizted
Just wondering what a Uni induction day is like. I have one coming up at Sheffield Hallam and I'm scared because I don't know what to expect. Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Nothing to be worried about, an induction is all about easing a new batch of students into university. It's unusually a pretty gentle mix of “welcome” sessions, a few lectures on how to read your timetable, how to find lecture theatres, seminars, labs etc. There may be some more focused “meet your tutor”, “meet your seminar set”, intro to lab etc, also assorted “this is what the student union does”, “where to find support services” etc. It’s usually timed to mesh with other fresher’s events, e.g. fresher’s fair for signing up to taster sessions for clubs and societies.
Original post by miztwizted

Hi,

I hope you're looking forward to starting university!

University inductions area great way to get your bearings and get familiar with your university campus/buildings and also academics. Like @Mr Wednesday has said, they are a general welcome, but contain important and relevant information you may need to refer back to. You may get the opportunity to meet people on your course and socialize with others who also feel the same apprehensiveness as you!

Estelle:smile:
Graduate Advocate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending