The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Welcome Week- Royal Holloway

Hey! I've been looking into welcome week and all the events sound really good but just wondered if people are purchasing the wristbands for £60? Just didn't know if I'd miss out if I wasn't to purchase one! I'm so excited about Scouting for girls :-)
Original post by Paige3007
Hey! I've been looking into welcome week and all the events sound really good but just wondered if people are purchasing the wristbands for £60? Just didn't know if I'd miss out if I wasn't to purchase one! I'm so excited about Scouting for girls :-)

I was debating this myself actually. I don't think I will as I don't know any of my flat mates so I can't even ask them. I will play it by air I think. I can't wait for the roller disco but I think I will just queue up in the normal line rather than get the wristband but I may change my mind. :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
How did you find the itinerary? I'd love to know :-) The few people I know already at Roho have said don't buy your tickets just yet, wait until you get there :-)
Reply 3
The details (so far) can be found on the SU website:
http://www.su.rhul.ac.uk/

Personally, I think it all looks rather expensive. £5 entry each to the various "parties"? Maybe I'm a bit out of touch, but even big London clubs never used to charge that much (though I haven't been in a while).

And I also haven't the faintest idea what "Scouting for girls" actually is... :confused:
Reply 4
Original post by Wonderer1
I was debating this myself actually. I don't think I will as I don't know any of my flat mates so I can't even ask them. I will play it by air I think. I can't wait for the roller disco but I think I will just queue up in the normal line rather than get the wristband but I may change my mind. :smile:

Yeah, I thought it sounded rather expensive! Glad I'm not the only one who was hesitant :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by BachMan
The details (so far) can be found on the SU website:
http://www.su.rhul.ac.uk/

Personally, I think it all looks rather expensive. £5 entry each to the various "parties"? Maybe I'm a bit out of touch, but even big London clubs never used to charge that much (though I haven't been in a while).

And I also haven't the faintest idea what "Scouting for girls" actually is... :confused:

Well I'll probably pay for the ones I want to get into when I'm there now! Really? I love Scouting for girls, have you not heard 'She's so lovely'? Google them!
I was thinking about going for it really, it seems like there's lots of perks and ever since Gavin and Stacey I've always wanted to go to a foam party! :wink:
As an ex RHUL student I can tell you that the wristbands arent worth it.

Also check out the iParty events that will bring you from RHUL to London Clubs like Ministry of Sound.
Original post by absurdity69
As an ex RHUL student I can tell you that the wristbands arent worth it.

Also check out the iParty events that will bring you from RHUL to London Clubs like Ministry of Sound.

iParty? What's that? I'm just finding everything out - I feel very behind! All my friends seem to know everything about everything through older friends/family but I really don't! Another instance where being an only child is a disadvantage I guess! :lol:
Its website is www.iloveiparty.co.uk
I was just wondering, why on Earth the mature students' event is being held on the Saturday? I realise that not all mature students are parents, but surely a significant proportion are. It seems bizarre that we have the whole of Welcome Week when our kids are at school, but the only event for mature students is on Saturday afternoon, when we'll be least able to make it.
Original post by amgregory96
iParty? What's that? I'm just finding everything out - I feel very behind! All my friends seem to know everything about everything through older friends/family but I really don't! Another instance where being an only child is a disadvantage I guess! :lol:

Don't worry - I went to Royal Holloway and rarely went to the iParty events - they're run by a private company and not that great unless you're going with a big group of friends...just my opinion!

I'd stick to the Student's Union at least for the first week - it's the best place to meet other fellow freshers and get into campus life.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll love it!
Original post by rebeccaruby
Don't worry - I went to Royal Holloway and rarely went to the iParty events - they're run by a private company and not that great unless you're going with a big group of friends...just my opinion!

I'd stick to the Student's Union at least for the first week - it's the best place to meet other fellow freshers and get into campus life.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll love it!

Hi, since you went royal holloway do you think it's worth paying £60 for the wristband to all the events for freshers week or just pay at the door? :smile:
Original post by amgregory96

Ignore the iParty thing for now- as rebeccaruby said, it's not a common thing for students to do and it's best to stick with the on-campus stuff to begin with at least. Once you're settled you'll find out more about other nights out happening in the surrounding areas.

Original post by Schadenfreude65
I was just wondering, why on Earth the mature students' event is being held on the Saturday? I realise that not all mature students are parents, but surely a significant proportion are. It seems bizarre that we have the whole of Welcome Week when our kids are at school, but the only event for mature students is on Saturday afternoon, when we'll be least able to make it.

When I was there, as far as I remember there was nothing for the mature students specifically, so this might be a new event that they're doing. That doesn't excuse the bad timing, but it might just be something they haven't thought about before. I know it won't help you much since you'll be a fresher this year, but you will be asked to provide feedback about the Freshers' Week activities and you can mention this then. Very good point, though.
Original post by llacerta
When I was there, as far as I remember there was nothing for the mature students specifically, so this might be a new event that they're doing. That doesn't excuse the bad timing, but it might just be something they haven't thought about before. I know it won't help you much since you'll be a fresher this year, but you will be asked to provide feedback about the Freshers' Week activities and you can mention this then. Very good point, though.

Thanks for the reply. At least, they're trying, I guess. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending