The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Mario is on 90kpw which I'm fine with. Not saying Rodgers is the best at man-management but I think he could get Mario at his best.
Reply 462
Original post by GorlimtheUnhappy
Mario is on 90kpw which I'm fine with. Not saying Rodgers is the best at man-management but I think he could get Mario at his best.

The 90k is supposedly after tax. I feel Rodgers will get the best out of him too, combined with Steve Peters. Not sure he will immediately but by the end of the season I reckon we'll start to see it consistently
good signing, wanted him at arsenal earlier in the summer..

But dont think it warrents the huge change in heart that a lot of people seem to be having over whether this summer has been good or bad..

Far far to early to be proclaiming it a sucess.
Original post by AR_95
That quote sounds like one of Luke's posts tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shorts fired.
Original post by jam278
Suarez worked out and Liverpool are generally patient with players(e.g. Carroll, Henderson and Downing) so he will work out.

Ngl top 3 confirmed, probably will break into top 2. But just goes to show what CL football can do to people. Funny how everyone was saying Liverpool were having a crap window and turning into spurs yet second they get Balotelli it's now an amazing transfer window.

good point actually, the logic of the media and opposing fans is hilarious.
we might not have bought world class quality like falcao or cavani, but we have strengthened in the areas that needed strengthening, all whilst adding depth to the team.

i think now people are just trying to pile on the pressure like last season so that they can laugh if we bottle it.

Original post by cBay
ffs i didn't realise we were playing on Monday, I've just agreed to work in the evening. It'll be the first competitive game I've missed in like 2 years (Apart from that stupid FA Cup game that wasn't on TV).

same man, working 6-11 on monday night
gonna be bricking it waiting to find the score...
Original post by AR_95
That quote sounds like one of Luke's posts tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

comparing me to rodgers.
lol, nice burn...
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
comparing me to rodgers.
lol, nice burn...

Luke I think some of these lot are getting a little too cheeky, put them in their place
Claire Rourke says to watch out for the 9pm announcement on LFC TV

... I reckon he's playing Monday

debuts for Moreno, Markovic and Balotelli away to the league champions then
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v= mrEBZmE5LyM[/video]

:lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Yesss I diddd
Luke I think some of these lot are getting a little too cheeky, put them in their place

i would but i'm trying not to argue so much on TSR now; ain't wasting my time on poor efforts anyway.
he's just bricking it that we're gonna come to the emirates and rape them.

Original post by Yesss I diddd
Claire Rourke says to watch out for the 9pm announcement on LFC TV

... I reckon he's playing Monday

debuts for Moreno, Markovic and Balotelli away to the league champions then

that would be amazing.
personally i wouldn't start him of course, but why not bring him on later in the match?

i don't expect to come away from the etihad with any points, but we normally perform pretty well against city so you never know...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
would you want him to though? against his old club?

A part of me would love him to start and run the show at City by scoring a few goals on his debut but if he is legible to play vs City it'll probably be only for the last 15/20 mins of the game since he'd have had only a few training sessions with the team.
Why does everyone seem to think Rodgers can get the best out of Balotelli? Rodgers has had 1 very good season but it was just that, he is still very much unproven and better managers than Rodgers have tried and failed to get the best out of him. Some have got him to have good spells but none have had him consistently performing (Mourinho, Mancini, Lippi, Prandelli and Allegri.) I am not saying they are all better than Rodgers but he certainly wouldn't be top of that list.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
i would but i'm trying not to argue so much on TSR now; ain't wasting my time on poor efforts anyway.
he's just bricking it that we're gonna come to the emirates and rape them.

that would be amazing.
personally i wouldn't start him of course, but why not bring him on later in the match?

i don't expect to come away from the emirates with any points, but we normally perform pretty well against city so you never know...

Etihad mate! :rofl:
Is Balotelli actually good though ?
Original post by Deshi
Excited. Hopefully he's registered for Monday. I just hope he's finally realised he's not getting many more chances and he has to take one sooner rather then later.

i over titanic gifs now brah. moving on.

Great signing for Liverpool, I look forward to seeing him in the Prem again
Reply 477
Dressing room bustups every week.

Can't wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The.Joker
Etihad mate! :rofl:

jesus christ, i literally do that every time!

i obviously expect maximum points from the emirates; that's small time...:cool:
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Is Balotelli actually good though ?

Quick Reply

Latest