The Student Room Group

Money back on remarks

How much do remarks have to go up in order to get your money back (AQA)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
If the award grade changes, you'll get your money back.

And does anyone know how long it takes for AQA to get back to you on a remark (not priority)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by 2en1
If the award grade changes, you'll get your money back.

And does anyone know how long it takes for AQA to get back to you on a remark (not priority)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it the whole grade for the course or just the individual unit grades? I got 4 papers remarked and 3 went up a grade but all subjects went up a grade overall so do I get all my money back (if this makes sense)

In the past mine have taken around a month so usually within the first couple of weeks of September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by student261
Is it the whole grade for the course or just the individual unit grades? I got 4 papers remarked and 3 went up a grade but all subjects went up a grade overall so do I get all my money back (if this makes sense)

In the past mine have taken around a month so usually within the first couple of weeks of September

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah basically if you did a course, whether it's AS or A Level, and you remarked some exams, and the grade for that subject award changes, you should be able to get all the money back on the exams that were re marked.

If you've already had a re mark shouldn't u know all this, lol😂

And may I ask which course was it and what grade did it move up to?
Reply 4
Original post by 2en1
Yeah basically if you did a course, whether it's AS or A Level, and you remarked some exams, and the grade for that subject award changes, you should be able to get all the money back on the exams that were re marked.

If you've already had a re mark shouldn't u know all this, lol😂

And may I ask which course was it and what grade did it move up to?

Well last time it only changed by a few marks so I didn't get anything back. I got 3 AQA a2 bio papers remarked and the overall grade went from a c to a b and aqa litb3 paper which went from a b to an a overall. Thank you for clearing this up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by student261
Well last time it only changed by a few marks so I didn't get anything back. I got 3 AQA a2 bio papers remarked and the overall grade went from a c to a b and aqa litb3 paper which went from a b to an a overall. Thank you for clearing this up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow thats such a relief because I'm thinking of getting my 2 AS AQA BIOLOGY papers remarked too so its good to hear a success story. I researched before hand so I could be informed about it when I return back to school and tell the teachers

Well done on your grades!:smile:
Reply 6
How long did you remark take this time and was it a priority remark (I'm waiting on a priority remark)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mohy1
How long did you remark take this time and was it a priority remark (I'm waiting on a priority remark)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

priority remarks will come back to you before 31st August, there have been stories of people getting them back within two/three days
Reply 8
Original post by mohy1

Posted from TSR Mobile

My college told me it would be a week or less. I asked for remarks on results day and one came back in six days and the other a day later

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest