The Student Room Group

I failed.. I dont know what to do

I got DDD in a levels and a C in AS art.

i was a few marks away from Cs in all my subjects

I was predicted ABC and was set on doing linguistics and Japanese at newcastle.. . should I just retake? or try through clearing.. or get remarked?
Original post by xuni

I was predicted ABC and was set on doing linguistics and Japanese at newcastle.. . should I just retake? or try through clearing.. or get remarked?

What are odds of CCC and what are the odds of a university who would accept those grades for the course you want?
Original post by xuni

What is your offer at Newcastle? Because even if you achieve CCC, if your offer is much higher, it wouldn't make a difference as the university still might not accept you.
Have you spoken to your teachers? What are they saying?
Can you see any courses that allow the grades you've achieved? If not, resitting is what I suggest.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by xuni

Hi @xuni

I'm really sorry you didn't get the results you wanted. Please don't worry - there are still options available to you and you can still go to university this September.

Firstly with remarking, there is no guarantee your grades will be boosted - if you are only a couple marks away though it could be worth a try, but this is up to you and a personal decision you need to make (considering potential additional time, money & stress). I would say not to disregard clearing, you may still be able to get a place and it's definitely worth contacting the university or looking for similar courses at other universities, you may find something that is a really good fit for you. :smile:

Best of luck with whatever route you decide to go down!

Natalie
- University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 4
Original post by 5hyl33n
What is your offer at Newcastle? Because even if you achieve CCC, if your offer is much higher, it wouldn't make a difference as the university still might not accept you.
Have you spoken to your teachers? What are they saying?
Can you see any courses that allow the grades you've achieved? If not, resitting is what I suggest.

My offer was a contextual BBC, and i was way too overconfident because of my predicted grades and the fact the course isnt popular..
Original post by xuni

Sorry to hear you didn't get the grades you needed, it can seem upsetting but you still do have options.
As advised above, there's no guarantee your grades will get boosted with a remark, you could try going through Clearing but it depends on the uni and the places they still have available. Are you open to applying somewhere else?
Original post by xuni
My offer was a contextual BBC, and i was way too overconfident because of my predicted grades and the fact the course isnt popular..

Okay, the issue with getting a remark is that your grade can either go up, down or stay the same. Since you are a few marks of a C in all your subjects, it's unlikely they will go up to C's.

Try clearing, and if that doesn't work out, think about resitting your exams.

What you need to remember is that it is not the end of the world. It will all work out.

Let me know if you need more help... :smile:
Original post by xuni

Hi @xuni,

Im sorry to hear you didn’t get the results you had expected :frown: There is a number of things you can do to help get you back on track! One of them is clearing but it is important to do your research and choose the right university for you which balances lifestyle and studies. This means, yes, looking at the requirements, but looking at: the content location, reputation and affordability to suit your needs.

I’m glad that this was something I chose to consider over my grades when coming to choose the University of Chester! The whole experience of living and studying here really put me at ease. I quickly found that the closeness and convenience within the city aided my motivation and success in my studies. If you choose to retake your exams, after you could attend a few open days? This way you can take your time deciding what route is best to go down.

Wishing you the best in whatever you do,
Ellie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending