The Student Room Group

Distance Learning: Oxford College?

does anyone who does distance learning use
oxfordcollege.ac?
i'm taking a level psychology, biology, sociology, math and economics there would like it if there's someone who could help out with similar material :biggrin:

xx
jcwh
Reply 1
jcwh
does anyone who does distance learning use
oxfordcollege.ac?
i'm taking a level psychology, biology, sociology, math and economics there would like it if there's someone who could help out with similar material :biggrin:

xx
jcwh

Hey, i just saw this one :biggrin:
I am taking Math, Economics, Enlish and Accounting.
Reply 2
I was thinking of doing ancient history or classic civilisations with them... are they any good?
Reply 3
I'm thinking of doing Eng Language A2 and Religious Studies and Philosophy as AS's in my gap year.
Reply 4
rahinco
I was thinking of doing ancient history or classic civilisations with them... are they any good?

they are pretty good, information is accessible and provided for you, tutors are nice, except my bio/psychology tutor hahaha
and the prices are pretty reasonable :smile:

xx
Reply 5
Yeah I used it - useless last year, you couldn't get any information. I never spoke to my tutor but after they redesigned the website I found stuff.
In the end I bought the textbook for cheap off amazon and taught myself the AS level in 3 weeks
Reply 6
I signed up for a course in Botany a few years ago. The material comprised pdf files which could not be printed out and you had to be on line in order to access them. The material contained typing and spelling mistakes, relied heavily on wikipedia and seemed to be based on a text book which I ended up buying and studying (I could have saved a lot of money if I had just bought this book!). I was supposed to submit my assignments by e mail only (i.e not as an attachment, just a direct mail) - which was a little silly as I was supposed to include diagrams. The website address ends in .ac (which is the suffix for the Ascension Islands) and not the suffix of a UK academic institution (.ac.uk). This college is not accredited by the Open and Distance Learning Quality Council either. I wrote a review of this college on review centre - they complained about it and review centre requested that I remove it or provide them with my postal address so that ODL can contact me! Anyway, to get to the point, I would look for an alternative college if I was you!
jcwh
they are pretty good, information is accessible and provided for you, tutors are nice, except my bio/psychology tutor hahaha
and the prices are pretty reasonable :smile:

xx

xx
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
yes it is, she refused to send me my assignments for a while.
in the end i called the college to get it sent to me.
this was after about 2 weeks of ping pong - ie. the college told me to contact her, she told me to contact college :\

ineedaname
Anyway, to get to the point, I would look for an alternative college if I was you!

i can't quite do that, i'm already in the loop! :\ i realise now that the material is almost exactly the same as my textbook. except economics, the stuff is actually different. and organised. although yeah, my biology is exactly the same.
(edited 10 years ago)
jcwh
yes it is, she refused to send me my assignments for a while.
in the end i called the college to get it sent to me.
this was after about 2 weeks of ping pong - ie. the college told me to contact her, she told me to contact college :\

i can't quite do that, i'm already in the loop! :\ i realise now that the material is almost exactly the same as my textbook. except economics, the stuff is actually different. and organised. although yeah, my biology is exactly the same.

ive got her for bio and psych too lol, i had her for gcse bio last year with a different company and she was so helpful and nice but suddenly at as lvl @ oxford col shes disinterested and unhelpful. strange woman
Reply 10
Hi there,

I hope that you can help me! I'm hoping to do just one A level this year in Classical Civilizations with the Oxford College by distance learning, and I am really unsure as to how you would sit the exams and do the coursework? Do they send you the coursework and things? I know that the course is with OCR.

Thanks for any help

:-)
Reply 11
I was planning to use that site but I heard that a lot of their material is copied from NEC and various textbooks, also there seems to be quite a few negative reports about the quality of their tutors.
Reply 12
LeiXiao
I was planning to use that site but I heard that a lot of their material is copied from NEC and various textbooks, also there seems to be quite a few negative reports about the quality of their tutors.

i only learnt that now! i should've used NEC (i'm using NEC for Lit) and totally regret going with Oxford College especially for my bio and psych!!

the other tutors, though i find are not too bad. it's just some of them :\
i wish i knew all this before i enrolled!!
Reply 13
LottieBell89
but suddenly at as lvl @ oxford col shes disinterested and unhelpful. strange woman

i know! it's incredible! she told me that i shouldn't bother sending assignments in if they were "picture" documents! that i should only use MS Word and stuff like that. I DON'T HAVE MS WORD!!
I'm doing english lit, egyptology and history level 3 diplomas :biggrin:
Don't bother it's useless!
Original post by theresauth
Don't bother it's useless!

Very informative post right there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are these courses suitable for employers asking for a level 3?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending