The Student Room Group

Resit with through Oxbridge

Hi I am considering to resit my A levels again with Oxbridge home learning. They have advised that they will give me online access to course work and will arrange my exams with exam centre as a private candidate. Bit pricey but I need to get in Astrophysics degree course. Anyone who has used Oxbridge home learning to resit their exams? Any reviews on the over all experience with them. Please advise
(edited 1 year ago)
What do you mean by 'use Oxbridge'?
Reply 2
Oxbridge home learning. I came across them online.
Original post by vj_dean
Oxbridge home learning. I came across them online.

This is a pivate provider that has nothing to do with either Oxford or Cambridge University
Reply 4
Yes, I know that they are independant and do not have any connection with oxford or Cambridge. It is a college located in Birmingham who offer long distance home learning for GCSE results, Alevel resits and other courses. I am planning to resit my Alevels through this college. Just wondering if any one has use them in the past and how was their experience, support and tutors.
Reply 5
im about to do the same and enrol with oxbridge tomorrow, as i want to resit my a levels next year and get better results. i will also be starting a level french from scratch with oxbridge and i only have 8 months until the exams, but i heard that they offer fast tracked courses so this will be possible. have you used them yet?
Reply 6
Original post by rsnchz
im about to do the same and enrol with oxbridge tomorrow, as i want to resit my a levels next year and get better results. i will also be starting a level french from scratch with oxbridge and i only have 8 months until the exams, but i heard that they offer fast tracked courses so this will be possible. have you used them yet?

Yes I have started doing my coursework from their portal and assessments. I am doing Maths, Physics and CS. However, the CS exam board is different from my last one so let see how that will pan out. I have submitted couple of assessments and got feedback on them. The tutors are quick to respond. Up till now I am happy and positive. How about you? Have you started your course?
Reply 7
Original post by vj_dean
Yes I have started doing my coursework from their portal and assessments. I am doing Maths, Physics and CS. However, the CS exam board is different from my last one so let see how that will pan out. I have submitted couple of assessments and got feedback on them. The tutors are quick to respond. Up till now I am happy and positive. How about you? Have you started your course?

im doing it w cloudlearn and its rly hard ngl (im doing history) i have a question how many assessments do u get per topic
Reply 8
Original post by aisima
im doing it w cloudlearn and its rly hard ngl (im doing history) i have a question how many assessments do u get per topic

Its couple of topics and then an assessment on those topics.
Hi, looking to enrol with oxbridge home learning?
How has it been so far.
Original post by vj_dean
Yes, I know that they are independant and do not have any connection with oxford or Cambridge. It is a college located in Birmingham who offer long distance home learning for GCSE results, Alevel resits and other courses. I am planning to resit my Alevels through this college. Just wondering if any one has use them in the past and how was their experience, support and tutors.
I’m currently enrolled in Oxbridge rn for a levels bio English lit and psych cause i was abroad outside of ldn during start of the academic year .Oxbridge is good in the sense that it’s rlly flexible u work when you want and u get unlimited tutor support, they give academic references and predicted gradesbut the tutors i have take a bit long to reply, and for English literature they only mark assignments that are on the website ( like i can’t send them a practice essay for them to mark, which is really essential to getting a good grade for English) I feel like most helpful customer service should be given cause the price ain’t cheap at all .
Reply 11
Original post by Jsjskscjosjejs
I’m currently enrolled in Oxbridge rn for a levels bio English lit and psych cause i was abroad outside of ldn during start of the academic year .Oxbridge is good in the sense that it’s rlly flexible u work when you want and u get unlimited tutor support, they give academic references and predicted gradesbut the tutors i have take a bit long to reply, and for English literature they only mark assignments that are on the website ( like i can’t send them a practice essay for them to mark, which is really essential to getting a good grade for English) I feel like most helpful customer service should be given cause the price ain’t cheap at all .
how are you finding psych bc im doing it with them and i feel like the assignments are so vague lol
Original post by nnn444b
how are you finding psych bc im doing it with them and i feel like the assignments are so vague lol

Yeh ur right the assignment are so vague and there’s only one after a long unit , I’m finding it alr but I have to use external resources to acc understand it and my tutor ain’t that helpful , wbu how u finding it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending