The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

I thought this was a football thread?
as a supporter of a team who currently do not have any fit strikers..

Would take lambert for 4m in a heart beat....
Balotelli is my favourite player at LFC now, lol.
I predict us finishing 3rd at the least and if we finish 4th, wouldn't be that mad, lol.
Reply 984
Original post by AngelPhys
I predict us finishing 3rd at the least and if we finish 4th, wouldn't be that mad, lol.

I'm confused, this is actually a sensible post, lol.
Original post by fallen_acorns
as a supporter of a team who currently do not have any fit strikers..

Would take lambert for 4m in a heart beat....

Given he performed as good/better than Giroud last year, and in a much worse team, I'm sure you would.
Original post by Yesss I diddd
Given he performed as good/better than Giroud last year, and in a much worse team, I'm sure you would.

he would probably work really well for arsenal too, giving knock downs and lay offs for their pacey wide players to run on to.

with balotelli and sturridge as our main strikers with lambert and borini/new player as back-up, i have no worries about strikers for us this season.
Original post by jam278
Bar goalkeeper, Eriksen and Sandro Liverpool are better than Spurs in every position. Not really an argument to be made here personally.

Liverpool need to just avoid losing tbh. They were unlucky against City tbh. I think they should put Can in and keep the 4-3-3. Match Spurs with their pace and power. Can, Gerrard and Henderson can match most teams physically. Coutinho should be dropped and Sturridge goes onto the wing.

Coutinho is not great on the wing, just ends up cutting in and shooting which he's not good at and he doesn't track his man enough, hence Liverpool getting raided on Moreno's side.

You've just agreed with me, so of course there's not an argument to be had.
Don't rate Sandro much myself and does he even play? Bentaleb was playing under Sherwood and I thought he was on Sunday as well (from motd)
Original post by cBay

I honestly don't think he's even Premier League standard any more. He would struggle to get into any relegation-threatened team. I honestly think if you gave me a couple weeks to get fit then I could do a better job than he does right now. Probably most people on this forum could do a better job than him.

Don't be silly. Most people on here are sunday league level at best. Glen Johnson would be the best player on the pitch by a mile in sunday league.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Don't be silly. Most people on here are sunday league level at best. Glen Johnson would be the best player on the pitch by a mile in sunday league.

regrettably, i agree.

johnson is woeful compared to our other players, but people are severely underestimating the level of premier league players.
Original post by Lúcio
regrettably, i agree.

johnson is woeful compared to our other players, but people are severely underestimating the level of premier league players.

I'm a decent enough amateur player, but I know I'd get rekt in even a league 2 game.
Reply 992

I genuinely think he would struggle in Sunday League the way he is playing atm. It's all well and good saying he's up against PL players, but when he can't even do the simple things under no pressure, the players he is up against doesn't really have any relevance.

Answer the poll bro: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2824901
I'm a decent enough amateur player, but I know I'd get rekt in even a league 2 game.

exactly - people don't realise how many different leagues there are in english football, and how high up on this level even league 2 players are.

johnson is terrible by top club standards, but he still has amazing footballing ability.
against other players at the top level, his flaws can be exploited
against a league 2 side for instance, he would actually look like a good footballer.
Reply 994
Original post by Lúcio
exactly - people don't realise how many different leagues there are in english football, and how high up on this level even league 2 players are.

there are 24 levels iirc. He's still ****.
Original post by cBay
there are 24 levels iirc. He's still ****.

exactly, 24 increasingly difficult levels of english football, yet some people truly believe they're better than a guy playing at the top.

i agree he is terrible in terms of the quality we need, but nobody on this forum is anywhere near.
Reply 996
Original post by Lúcio
exactly, 24 increasingly difficult levels of english football, yet some people truly believe they're better than a guy playing at the top.

i agree he is terrible in terms of the quality we need, but nobody on this forum is anywhere near.

I would say he belongs in the 21st or 22nd level. The "Mid-Sussex Football League Division 9".
Balotelli and Flanagan have a picture together on Instagram. Never thought I'd see the day.
Flanagan, Cafu and Balotelli would be even better. Add in Zlatan, Klopp and Mourinho for further enhancement.
Disappointed more LFC players haven't done the ice-bucket challenge.

Quick Reply

Latest