The Student Room Group

Cardiff Sixth Form College

Hi, I would like to know if anyone studies there or is going to study there or has studied there. Please reply! I want to know how to prepare for life there since I'm going there alone, without my family or friends...

Scroll to see replies

Me =] Going to study there in september
Reply 2
Original post by uncreativelad
Me =] Going to study there in september

Where are you from?:smile:
Hong Kong, and you?:smile:
Reply 4
Hong Kong, and you?:smile:

Singapore:smile: I am going to follow you now. My name is Nikki, what's yours?
I'm Toby, my pleasure to meet you (Seems to sound a bit too formal)
Reply 6
I'm Toby, my pleasure to meet you (Seems to sound a bit too formal)

Haha not too formal, that's okay:smile:
Hey I'm also going there! Starting in a cupple of days hahaha
Reply 8
Original post by piotr.irving
Hey I'm also going there! Starting in a cupple of days hahaha

HELLO!!! So am I! Nice to meet you! :smile:
Reply 9
hey guys, I'm probably going to csfc this September as well, does anyone of you know if the school will be changing exam boards for the 2017 exams tho? :smile:
Original post by notcaring
hey guys, I'm probably going to csfc this September as well, does anyone of you know if the school will be changing exam boards for the 2017 exams tho? :smile:

The exam boards are changing themselves, they are going to introduce a two year system for A-Levels

Message me if you have any questions, preferably on Facebook
Hi, I'm also starting at CSFC this september aswell (seems to be the theme here) for those who are currently there could you tell me about your experience so far , it would be so helpful. Thanks in advance.
Original post by desertlover
Hi, I'm also starting at CSFC this september aswell (seems to be the theme here) for those who are currently there could you tell me about your experience so far , it would be so helpful. Thanks in advance.

Well Cardiff Sixth Form College is a very different place compared to where I previously studied. This school is very focused on academia and you will see that, for each science subject unlike other school who have 4 hours a week we have 7. The school provides you with lota of extra classes is you are struggling and the teachers are always available and you are free to approach them and ask them questions. If your priority is grades then this is the school for you. It will get you to the best grades you can achieve and allow you to go to the best universities out there. In terms of education it's great.

If I needed to give one negative aspect about the school it is that it does not provide you with a lot of social life (at least not the type I was used to in my previous schools). People do go out with each other, play pool however, here are no school parties (there are actually no parties), no prom, no fun free days. The only evening we have is Cultural Event. Saying that, I did make amazing friends there.

You just have to know what you want. again if you want to talk more just message me on Facebook.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey can any of you tell me about the interview? So, i read from the schoo, website that they will decide whether they would interview their applicants or not after they go over their application and other documents. In general, how long does it take for them to make this decision? And if they choose not to interview you, do they send you an email? How does the application process work?
Umm, well I applied in Early September, I sat my entrance tests in October and was emailed shortly after to organize my interview which I did via Skype in late November. I was sent an offer letter in early December. They would probably contact you if you were not chosen to be interviewed, I mean they couldn't just stop contacting you. About the application process I filled in the form and sent my CV and transcript with my scores, position, GPA etc along with a recommendation letter from my careers counselor at school just because my principal did not have time to type the letter himself.
Hope I answered your questions x
Umm, well I applied in Early September, I sat my entrance tests in October and was emailed shortly after to organize my interview which I did via Skype in late November. I was sent an offer letter in early December. They would probably contact you if you were not chosen to be interviewed, I mean they couldn't just stop contacting you. About the application process I filled in the form and sent my CV and transcript with my scores, position, GPA etc along with a recommendation letter from my careers counselor at school just because my principal did not have time to type the letter himself.
Hope I answered your questions x

Well... first off thanks for the reply. I thought that you had to sit your etrance exams after the interview. By chance, do you remember how long it took for you to arrange your entrance tests? It's been a while since I finished my app but they haven't emailed me back to arrange any specific dates. So just a bit worried haha:mad:
Avoid like the plague.
Original post by xkqmffh0708
Well... first off thanks for the reply. I thought that you had to sit your etrance exams after the interview. By chance, do you remember how long it took for you to arrange your entrance tests? It's been a while since I finished my app but they haven't emailed me back to arrange any specific dates. So just a bit worried haha:mad:

Well, I guess about a month. You could call them I guess if you've really waited that long. But I think they are on Holiday right now.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Avoid like the plague.

Avoid what exactly?? I'm a bit confused, do you attend the college?
Avoid what exactly?? I'm a bit confused, do you attend the college?

Well unless you wanna work like all day every day with no breaks and no social life outside of it, there's no point.

You might as well just go to a different private school and live somewhere...

I'm so so so glad I didn't end up going there.

But each to their own, best of luck!

The only reason they have such good grades is the fact that is all you do there. Like working that hard you'd expect nothing less than 100% in everything.

There are other schools where you can get good grades and enjoy a social life doing whatever you want. Parties, sports, music, drama etc

Quick Reply

Latest