The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nathanielle
A nice bowl of cereals with mango and apples as sidedish? Make you something you want to get up. Not getting up will make it worse, sadly. Maybe just get up for two hours of effective stuff. (Breakfast, shower, etc.) and just plan that? Once you are up everything gets easier!

mango & apples aren't really my thing tbh :tongue: I dunno, I just feel so pathetic that I get too anxious to leave the house for anything, the only thing I can just about manage is visits to my mums, even appointments with the drs or something take huge effort to make myself leave the flat for, just being outside or around people I don't know petrifies me right now, just thinking about going out makes me panic big time even :/ I get up I just don't do anything much when I am up, it all seems way too much effort for me right now
Original post by ByronicHero
Wow.

Places I've lived it won't hit the floor after leaving your pocket, if you know what I mean.

Yeah I'm really lucky it was still there, I only realised it was missing when I got to work :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Valvopus
No your sewing!! Also why we're you drinking tea??!?!?
I shall indeed endeavour to do that, probably Tuesday afternoon and then KD? Sadly have to be home at a reasonable time since flying on Wednesday morning but can pop in for a bit :smile: also have medicinal alcohol to drop off :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

My sewing is now fully recovered and completed. :proud: And tea is good: it hydrates you for the drinking of more coffee. :tongue:

:yy: Sounds like a plan! I am in need of medicinal alcohol, got a cold. :emo:
Original post by Odd socks
Yeah I'm really lucky it was still there, I only realised it was missing when I got to work :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saying that, once I went out and got smashed (I say once, welcome to most of my life :frown:). I woke up and had lost my wallet. I was so pissed off. A few hours later a lovely old man knocks on the door, tells me he saw from his window that I dropped it getting out of a taxi and tells me I should only take out the things I really need. If I had been older I would have taken him for a free lunch.
Finally got dressed for the day :king1: :ninja: :getmecoat:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Better late than never! :biggrin:
Original post by superwolf
Better late than never! :biggrin:

I wouldn't have bothered but lots of family coming back tonight from their trip to Portsmouth. So I should at least pretend I've been doing constructive things :teehee:
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
mango & apples aren't really my thing tbh :tongue: I dunno, I just feel so pathetic that I get too anxious to leave the house for anything, the only thing I can just about manage is visits to my mums, even appointments with the drs or something take huge effort to make myself leave the flat for, just being outside or around people I don't know petrifies me right now, just thinking about going out makes me panic big time even :/ I get up I just don't do anything much when I am up, it all seems way too much effort for me right now

Do you have any plan how to get out of that situation? Maybe taking up some activity you can do in your flat. (E.g. cooking and doing some fitness, both usually have good side effects, too.)
Original post by Valvopus
No your sewing!! Also why we're you drinking tea??!?!?
I shall indeed endeavour to do that, probably Tuesday afternoon and then KD? Sadly have to be home at a reasonable time since flying on Wednesday morning but can pop in for a bit :smile: also have medicinal alcohol to drop off :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wolfie drinks tea to build up for the coffee! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only got dressed to answer the door for pizza :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
I only got dressed to answer the door for pizza :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pfft, the pizza man just usually gets me in pyjamas with a jumper thrown over :colondollar:
Pfft, the pizza man just usually gets me in pyjamas with a jumper thrown over :colondollar:

Oh i was only in joggers and my panda hoodie.
Hope he got the joke as Panda Bear had ordered the pizza :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Oh i was only in joggers and my panda hoodie.
Hope he got the joke as Panda Bear had ordered the pizza :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:
I NEED SOME HELP

I'm meant to start my new job on Monday but I haven't been told what time I'm starting, I've tried contacting the woman who's been emailing me but no prevail.

Idk what to do!
Original post by SweetNothing
I NEED SOME HELP

I'm meant to start my new job on Monday but I haven't been told what time I'm starting, I've tried contacting the woman who's been emailing me but no prevail.

Idk what to do!

What's the earliest possible start time? I suggest going along then (eg 9am) and finding out, worst case scenario you're not needed for a few hours and you can spend the extra time in a coffee shop or something and it means you don't have to be late :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
What's the earliest possible start time? I suggest going along then (eg 9am) and finding out, worst case scenario you're not needed for a few hours and you can spend the extra time in a coffee shop or something and it means you don't have to be late :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing, going along at around 8:30/9am and just seeing what happens.

Thanks! :smile:
Hi! :wavey:
Not been on for a long time.

I'm currently sat in my new house getting ready to start uni again in a week. I am so proud of how far I have come and would like to thank you guys. :penguinhug: :ta:
I'm probably going to try to come back more often once I start, so I don't freak out like last time. I'm feeling more positive no though. I have my boyfriend nearby for support and i'm in my own house so won't have the same issues with sharing that I did last time.

Anyway I hope all of you are doing well. Look forward to trying to catch up with you :smile:
Original post by Kindred
Hi! :wavey:
Not been on for a long time.

I'm currently sat in my new house getting ready to start uni again in a week. I am so proud of how far I have come and would like to thank you guys. :penguinhug: :ta:
I'm probably going to try to come back more often once I start, so I don't freak out like last time. I'm feeling more positive no though. I have my boyfriend nearby for support and i'm in my own house so won't have the same issues with sharing that I did last time.

Anyway I hope all of you are doing well. Look forward to trying to catch up with you :smile:

Hey stranger! :wavey: Good to see you on here and glad you are feeling more positive about things! :h:
Hey stranger! :wavey: Good to see you on here and glad you are feeling more positive about things! :h:

had a pretty meh day, watching Doctor Who has improved my mood significantly though :smile:

Latest