The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

The next set of games will be tougher because we'll have to rotate a lot - we basically played every 3 or 4 days!
God I'm excited for the CL.
Original post by Zerforax
The next set of games will be tougher because we'll have to rotate a lot - we basically played every 3 or 4 days!

Hell no.

This just gives you time to use the depth you acquired this summer. Markovic, Lallana, Lambert, Can need games and bar lambert the other 3 can play themselves into the games. Lucas and others will get into the game.

Anyway Glen Johnson won't be starting anymore. Manquillo had a very solid game vs Spurs and I expect him to continue that. Did you have option to buy Manquillo
Original post by addylad
Think I will have to leave this forum if rockrunride et al have bragging rights...

Looks like you'll be staying with us a bit longer...
Original post by manchesterunited15
Baines > Moreno
Coleman > Manquillo
Their CBs > Yours

das it

LELLELLELLEL you said their CBs are better than pools.

Baines is horribly overrated cos he's english, world cup exposed him for the average defender he is and he was shocking. Moreno probably is better tbh.

Coleman is good, gets exposed due to tactics tho and was shredded by Hazard, failed to close down Cazorla and Monreal to bottle a two goal lead

Also their CBs are **** and horribly overrated. Jagielka is a 5/10 defender, Distin is 37 ffs, still a good defender but he's not as good as Lovren. When you swap Barry and McCarthy for Gerrard as protection you're going to concede more.
Original post by rockrunride
Looks like you'll be staying with us a bit longer...

Why do you lot constantly provide us with entertainment?

Are you Arsenal in disguise?
Original post by jam278
Why do you lot constantly provide us with entertainment?

Are you Arsenal in disguise?

We were the original entertainers before Arsenal came and did it better than us in the 90s :colonhash:
Everton's centre-backs are nowhere near ours. Jagielka is horrendously over-rated.
SSN reporting that Rodgers MIGHT bring in one more player, but as expected it will be primarily outgoings today.
Coates will go out on loan this afternoon to Sunderland. Good move for all parties.

As they can only get 1 loan per club, this means that Borini can't go out on loan too.

Assaidi, Borini, Suso maybe would leave perm/loan and possibly Lucas too.
MIGHT bring in one more player? Reus at 22:59 anyone? :biggrin:

Seriously though, we've done some good business this window.
Vidal. Make it happen Brendan

lol @ Man Utd - the last player they need is Falcao
Original post by Zerforax
lol @ Man Utd - the last player they need is Falcao

I seriously don't understand it.
Their attack is excellent anyway, they just need a defence.
At least united got falcao instead of arsenal.

It will be all the more funny when a team with ADM, falcao, Rooney, RVP and mata finish outside the top 4...
United fans jizzing themselves over Falcao when their midfield and defence are still awful, Arsenal fans are nearly having a breakdown while Chelsea and Liverpool fans are looking on and loling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB91
United fans jizzing themselves over Falcao when their midfield and defence are still awful, Arsenal fans are nearly having a breakdown while Chelsea and Liverpool fans are looking on and loling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah man the Arsenal fans are killing me today.

Genuinely think that the person holding the team back(withstanding signings) is Wenger and his bull**** tactics.
Original post by CB91

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love it - united proclaiming they have bigger pull than anyone else because they've signed an unsettled player...on loan.

Arsenal just having a massive meltdown every time a striker signs for somebody else or when they're linked to Defoe...

Liverpool fans don't expect anything except maybe a sub keeper.

Chelsea fans are just atop their throne with their perfect team, looking down on the tiny clubs below them.
Original post by jam278
Ah man the Arsenal fans are killing me today.

Genuinely think that the person holding the team back(withstanding signings) is Wenger and his bull**** tactics.

I think a few of them need to be sedated for the day tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like we're only linked to Romero and valdes right now as extra GK options.

Not the most exciting, but let's hope we get one of them just for something :biggrin:

Although I am pretty happy Rodgers did all his transfers before deadline day do we can all relax and laugh at arsenal fans.
Original post by Lúcio
I love it - united proclaiming they have bigger pull than anyone else because they've signed an unsettled player...on loan.

Arsenal just having a massive meltdown every time a striker signs for somebody else or when they're linked to Defoe...

Liverpool fans don't expect anything except maybe a sub keeper.

Chelsea fans are just atop their throne with their perfect team, looking down on the tiny clubs below them.

Well almost perfect team. Just need an RW to complete the team. Said we'll reach Bayern levels in 2 or so years like a year or 2 ago so it's nearly time for them to show how good they are. Still think Liverpool can title challenge, but a lot depends on Balotelli. Sturridge seems like he's creating his own chances though and he was scoring wonder goals last season and Balotelli is just as capable.

Who do you guys think will have the better season out of Balo and Sturridge? I think it's clear who I think will have the better season.

Quick Reply

Latest