University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2500
Original post by Liz Ben
Hello.

I confirmed my attendance when I first got my IT account but it keeps asking em to register again? Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Did you register or just confirm attendance? They are separate tasks.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Liz Ben
Hello.

I confirmed my attendance when I first got my IT account but it keeps asking em to register again? Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Login to MyManchester and then go to the 'My Services' Tab. The registration button is there.
Once you've registered, are people able to pick their course units? Also, does anybody have any recommended reading from any of their subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Login to MyManchester and then go to the 'My Services' Tab. The registration button is there.

I could have sworn that button wasn't there last time i tried. Thanks man!

Also, when they're asking for your term time address do we give our hall address like room and flat and everything? (sorry for the silly question in advance)
Original post by Liz Ben
I could have sworn that button wasn't there last time i tried. Thanks man!

Also, when they're asking for your term time address do we give our hall address like room and flat and everything? (sorry for the silly question in advance)

Don't worry, that's been happening to a lot of people. And yes, your term address should be your hall address. :smile:
Don't worry, that's been happening to a lot of people. And yes, your term address should be your hall address. :smile:

The option for adding term time address isn't there the only option is to copy your home address. Oh well, I'll try again later the button will most likely just pop up.

Another question: in the part you have to give your phone number and stuff, I've given my current phone number. I'm an international student so I guess I'll get a UK number once I get there so can I change details like that after completing registration?
Original post by Liz Ben
The option for adding term time address isn't there the only option is to copy your home address. Oh well, I'll try again later the button will most likely just pop up.

Another question: in the part you have to give your phone number and stuff, I've given my current phone number. I'm an international student so I guess I'll get a UK number once I get there so can I change details like that after completing registration?

Hmm, I have edit buttons next to each of the three address types.

Yeah, you can change your contact details any time you want after registration.
Hmm, I have edit buttons next to each of the three address types.

Yeah, you can change your contact details any time you want after registration.

Okay thanks handmade turnip! :smile:
Original post by Liz Ben
Okay thanks handmade turnip! :smile:

You're welcome, Liz Ben! :tongue:
Original post by BeccaBoot
I'm from Walsall (it's near Birmingham). Do you know what accommodation you've got?

I'm Coming From Birmingham, I live in Sandwell
Just FYI, the buses have all been diverted, and will be diverted for the next few weeks http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2847935
Has anyone from the Faculty of Life Sciences heard anything about Welcome Week from their schools ?/
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows whether I can buy the welcome week tickets monday morning since Ill be arriving then. My mums going to pick up my keys on Friday. Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pendulumswinging
Has anyone from the Faculty of Life Sciences heard anything about Welcome Week from their schools ?/

Yeah I got an email about it this morning :smile:

No, that form's for people outside the university.
No, that form's for people outside the university.

Ok phew! Do you know how we get a library card?
Original post by franrw
Ok phew! Do you know how we get a library card?

Once you've completed registration, you can pick it up from one of these locations: https://my.manchester.ac.uk/uPortal/f/u20l1s2/p/academic-life.u20l1n7/max/render.uP?pP_deepLink=%2Fcrucial-guide%2Facademic-life%2Fregistration%2Fregistration-process%2Fstudent-card-collection%2F
Reply 2519
Does anyone here have experience about opening a bank account in England if you're from overseas? I'm looking for a bank where there aren't a lot of extra costs when my parents want to transfer euros to my english bank account. i know I can get information at freshers week, however, I think it might be good to hear what other people have experienced. :smile:

Thanks xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending