The Student Room Group

HSBC Securities Services.... fancy term for Operations?!

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with HSBC's securities services grad scheme? From the description it sounds like JPM's Investor Services grad scheme and Citi's Transaction Services scheme, but one of the rotations involves Operations directly however it part of Global Banking and Markets not Global Functions, so I can't really tell how client facing it is.. anyone able to shed some light on this?

Thanks.
Original post by trainwreckhelp
Hi,

Is anyone familiar with HSBC's securities services grad scheme? From the description it sounds like JPM's Investor Services grad scheme and Citi's Transaction Services scheme, but one of the rotations involves Operations directly however it part of Global Banking and Markets not Global Functions, so I can't really tell how client facing it is.. anyone able to shed some light on this?

Thanks.

From my experience Client services are normally BO functions were client facing means talking to the BO of counterparties
Original post by PrincePauper
From my experience Client services are normally BO functions were client facing means talking to the BO of counterparties

Ok... any ideas for this particular scheme? If this helps...

http://www.hsbc.com/careers/students-and-graduates/programmes/hsbc-securities-services-graduate-analyst-programme
Reply 3

I can't answer your question, but where are the grade requirements?
Reply 4
Securities services will also obviously have front officefunctions. They're in no way like IBD though. Think more corporate banking.
Can't say anythign about that programe specifically though.
Reply 5
Original post by trainwreckhelp
Hi,

Thanks.

Hey,

I know this was 6 years ago. Not sure if you ended up in this area? I applied for the same at HSBC, wondering if you could shed some light onto this, thanks.
Original post by mahmzo
Hey,

I know this was 6 years ago. Not sure if you ended up in this area? I applied for the same at HSBC, wondering if you could shed some light onto this, thanks.

Sounds like a custody bank. It's middle office stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending