The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wattsy
I'm supposed to get beat by 15 points on my next matchup. I beat my projections by 47.5% last week and I would argue that NFL.com should reconsider them if they're that far out. Le'veon Bell is supposed to score 7.9 points against Baltimore who were 18th against the rush last season; he scored 25.7 last week against Cleveland who ranked 10th so that makes perfect sense!?

I just filled my draft board out to 184, it will be sensible and draft me a kicker and defense which aren't on the board yeah? I'm 90% sure I'll make the live draft but just in case

They are suggesting RG3 will be the highest scoring player (with 28points in a standard points scoring system). OK...he's facing the Jags and they don't have a decent secondary, but 28 points is a stretch. Can he stay healthy? Doubt it. And despite having Matt Ryan in both of my starting lineups, they reccommend to pick up Jake Locker and Brian Hoyer (!!!)...Jake Locker I can sort of understand because the Titans are facing the Cowboys, but Hoyer's facing that Saints defense, which is still a good unit. (One reason why I have faith in Ryan to deliver the goods, in fantasy terms at least, against Cinci.)

And Chris Ivory is currently being predicted to get 3 points against Green Bay. Seeing how bad the Packers run D is (thanks, means more points for Marshawn Lynch), I'll take my chances with Ivory thank you very much.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think Charles will be back, KC were just horrible and Tennesee were good

The Jags actually do have a good secondary when Jonathan Cyprien is fit. When he's not there Winston Guy gets exposed (they're like a second rate Thomas and Chancellor style duo) and they don't have any safety depth, both Prosinski and Josh Evans are pretty rubbish. 0 points scored with Cyprien in the game, 34 without him against the Eagles. He got KO'd for 2 minutes so I guess he's a serious doubt for Sunday. The Jags will put him on his back too much for him to score that much particularly if he's apprehensive about leaving the pocket.
(edited 9 years ago)
Colston , cooks, Bell, Patterson, Edlemen , Pierre Thomas.

Pick 2, one has to be a WR.

#flexproblems.
Original post by ..DT..
Colston , cooks, Bell, Patterson, Edlemen , Pierre Thomas.

Pick 2, one has to be a WR.

#flexproblems.

Patterson and Bell all day, for me.

I'm torn between Frank Gore and Kelvin Benjamin (took him off the waiver wire for Ray Rice)
(edited 9 years ago)
League ID and what not so i can join?
Original post by jimbles
League ID and what not so i can join?

Invite friends by emailing the following URL and league information directly to your friends:
Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=2570094
League ID: 2570094
League Password: TSR
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Patterson and Bell all day, for me.

I'm torn between Frank Gore and Kelvin Benjamin (took him off the waiver wire for Ray Rice)

But I really need a bit of Saints in my team against the Browns.
Good to see that scumbag out of a job.
Original post by ..DT..
But I really need a bit of Saints in my team against the Browns.

Bell and Cooks/Colston then (tbh idk how much difference it makes which one you pick). Pierre Thomas doesn't get many carries for the Saints
Bell and Cooks/Colston then (tbh idk how much difference it makes which one you pick). Pierre Thomas doesn't get many carries for the Saints

Gets a lot of 3rd down snaps though without sproles. Got like 70 yards on 4 receptions last week i think. But yeah I think its Bell and one of those 2 tbh.
Joined the league now guys. I've no time to set my auto-draft list order, so I'm hoping the draft doesn't **** me over sideways.
In my other one, who to start @ TE this week? Clay or Allen?
Original post by jimbles
Joined the league now guys. I've no time to set my auto-draft list order, so I'm hoping the draft doesn't **** me over sideways.

I auto drafted last year and managed to trade/ waiver my way to the final. I'm sure in an 8 man league you will get pieces to work with.
Original post by ..DT..
Gets a lot of 3rd down snaps though without sproles. Got like 70 yards on 4 receptions last week i think. But yeah I think its Bell and one of those 2 tbh.

When we say Bell we're talking Le'Veon right? If Joique then uhm
When we say Bell we're talking Le'Veon right? If Joique then uhm

yeah Le'veon. I forgot there was another :biggrin:
Need to start 2 of the following mess of RBs - Mathews (vs SEA), J Bell (at CAR), Thomas (at CLE), Hyde (vs CHI), Bradshaw (vs PHI). In general I like Mathews and Bell, just not against possibly the two best defences in the league.
Original post by shunter7634
Need to start 2 of the following mess of RBs - Mathews (vs SEA), J Bell (at CAR), Thomas (at CLE), Hyde (vs CHI), Bradshaw (vs PHI). In general I like Mathews and Bell, just not against possibly the two best defences in the league.

I can see Carlos Hyde doing good things. Honestly though that's not a really pretty set, but I think I'd play Mathews as well, the 'Hawks D is great but they're better against the pass than the run so I think SD will use Mathews a bit more than usual. Idk though
Buzzing for this draft. Might even set up the NFL app on my new xbox and do it on there :biggrin:
Lynch projected 5 points on NFL.com, 15 points on espn. WTF are the NFL projections on about o.O
Original post by ..DT..
Lynch projected 5 points on NFL.com, 15 points on espn. WTF are the NFL projections on about o.O

I might stand a chance if he only gets 5 points this week!

Latest