The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauraaaaa
Morning all! Hope everyone has a nice day despite the miserable weather (or maybe that's just here :tongue:)

thanks, I hope you have a good day too :smile: it's cold, overcast and possibly raining a little here so yeah not exactly lovely weather no!
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
thanks, I hope you have a good day too :smile: it's cold, overcast and possibly raining a little here so yeah not exactly lovely weather no!

Exactly the same weather as here then :lol: I need to get up and get ready to go out but I'm so tired and cold that I don't want too :frown: :lol:
Original post by lauraaaaa
Exactly the same weather as here then :lol: I need to get up and get ready to go out but I'm so tired and cold that I don't want too :frown: :lol:

yeah, guessing it's Autumnal weather nationwide at the moment! ah okay, good luck, maybe put extra layers on to keep warm? :smile:
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
yeah, guessing it's Autumnal weather nationwide at the moment! ah okay, good luck, maybe put extra layers on to keep warm? :smile:

Autumn and winter are my fave seasons! I'm gonna wear one of my new jumpers and my favourite boots (I am SO obsessed with winter boots it's unreal, I want like five more pairs :lol:) and then take on the world even though I've barely had any sleep :tongue:
Original post by superwolf

Spoiler

Spoiler

8 hour shift at work and I'm already knackered, then afterwards I have to find where I have to go to vote :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
8 hour shift at work and I'm already knackered, then afterwards I have to find where I have to go to vote :/

Smile m'dear, you'll get through it just fine :biggrin:
Original post by purple-duck
Yeah that's true about needing somewhere to go - this summer all I ever drove to was sainsbury's really :redface: just to get food or whatever, or even if I didn't need anything! Was sorta boring too by the end of it :colondollar:
Well organisation is handy :biggrin:

Don't apologise! :redface: :hugs: Today's also been rubbish tbh :s-smilie: but oh well. Haha that's so cute him thinking you're going forever :colondollar: I know my cousin said I looked like a homeless person when I saw him at the end of first year :unimpressed: (tbf I'd been quite economical shall we say with haircuts, and might have left my shaver at home :tongue:)
oo hope you have fun!! :smile: :woo:

Yeah, like I just drive round willy nilly and it's kinda boring, like there's no purpose to the journey haha! I also hate driving with other people in the car because I feel like they're judging me, even though they probably aren't :lol:

Aw, you know you can always message me, right? My advice ain't that fab, but I can listen :smile: and I know hahaha he doesn't understand that Sheffield and York are in the same country because he wants me to got to the university of England (Sheffield) because it's in this country, he doesn't want me going to another country (York) haha bless him, he doesn't get it yet :tongue: and hahahahah yano my cousin would so say that as well, he's 4 going on 40 :lol:

I went out and got pretty drunk, which I know isn't good for you, but tbh, I had a really good night so I'm just like screw it haha
Its not even 12 and my days been crap wahhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: You might pick up some energy as the day goes on maybe (I suggest COFFEE :tongue:). Have fun voting later! :awesome:

Original post by PandaWho
Its not even 12 and my days been crap wahhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: What's up?
Why is that I look at what I have got to do today and it feels so overwhelming?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iloveteddy14
Why is that I look at what I have got to do today and it feels so overwhelming?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: Try taking it one step at a time, and break it into manageable chunks. :smile:
Original post by tasha96
Npne of my safe people ate replyibg :'(

So sorry I've been such a rubbish friend hun :frown: Hope you got some sleep and are safe. At work ( :ninja: ) so text to get my attention.

Original post by Anonymous
It's been a while since I last laughed or smiled, I can't remember what it feels like. Everyday seems to be getting longer and longer and longer. Living on my own having nobody to speak to, nobody to confide in, nobody to help reassure me things will get better is painful, a type of pain that cannot be described.

I don't remember what it's like to have a good nights rest, I go to bed and I lie there tossing and turning for hours, this is repeated day after day. When I finally do sleep due to extreme levels of tiredness (after 3/4 nights of no sleep), I have nightmares of being alone.

It makes me wonder how homeless people, lonely people have the will power to carry on living. It makes me understand why people with depression resort to suicide, how difficult must ones life be so that the concept of living is so much harder than killing themselves.

I step outside and look up at the world. The sky feels like it's falling down on me, walls feel like they are caving in. Whilst I stand here helpless nowhere to go.

This is how my depression feels. I'm a student starting my second year, I live alone which makes things so much more difficult, friends/people I knew that I was once close to have become distant as they live in houses with their friends.

I cry daily, as I don't know what to do? I just want someone to stand by me and tell me its okay and help me seek help but that just seems like a fantasy.

I feel I need help but every time I make a doctors appointment I chicken out just before and either cancel it or just don't bother attending. Every sleepless night I make the promise that I will see a doctor the next day and every morning I break it.

I've been feeling like this for months, attempting to convince myself it's a phase that will pass but it doesn't, and I fear it never will.

Could you arrange for a friend to come with you to the doctor's? That kinda tactic works for me coz I don't like letting friends down by backing out of meeting :colondollar:

Original post by IDukem
Actually the welcome week stuff was something I needed to figure out after my initial problem. Could I Pm you it at some stage today? :smile:

I hope you're okay :hugs:

Sure, am at work but will answer when possible xxx
Reply 4413
For some reason I cannot fathom, it's always the women who dislike me on this site, with a small handful of men mostly from Fitness (because I did procrastinate about going to the gym and try to 'reason' my way out of it). This is before I mention any of the obsession with analysing bitter sexist views. I am really frustrated with my inability to form a meaningful connection which doesn't involve her pitying me, etc.
i feel so low. so ****ty and low.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Thank you! :h: x
Made it through the night- big thanks to quornslice and deyesy. :lovehug:
You learn who your friends are when you hit rock bottom.
Reply 4417
Original post by ScaryScience
i feel so low. so ****ty and low.

I will be online for maybe another hour if you wanna talk? :smile:

:hugs:
I definitely need a TSR hug today *sniffles*
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
So sorry I've been such a rubbish friend hun :frown: Hope you got some sleep and are safe. At work ( :ninja: ) so text to get my attention.

Could you arrange for a friend to come with you to the doctor's? That kinda tactic works for me coz I don't like letting friends down by backing out of meeting :colondollar:

Not rubbish. :hugs:

Latest