The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ..DT..
I give up on Tampa. Fantasy team needs work too.

Tampa should improve, but oh dear, what terrible luck to have Evans injured and then a ten-second run-off to end the game. Most teams would take a spike and around a 50yard field goal attempt, down two with less than 10 seconds left.
whoever took the Patriots Defense for their fantasy team must have had a day and a half.
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Chargers were really good yesturday, Rivers has always been one of my favourite QBs and he had a nearly perfect game today and we just couldn't contain him. It was rather strange how we kept Chancellor on Gates when his man weakness is coverage and he clearly wasn't getting anywhere... It's a bit too often we get burned because of a seeming stubbornness to adapt halfway through the first half.

Wonder why we didn't see more of Paul Richardson, the guy's great at slants and the like but seeing we had so little possession the fact it was so close does say some good things about us. Would have been a different game if we tackled better.

And I don't mean this as a whinny excuse, we lost fair and square to the better team but surely there should be something against playing a game in 120 degrees at the peak of the day? I feel faint when it's 30 degrees let alone playing football in nearly 50 and if you have one heat related attack you're more likely to experience it in the future.

I think it's a fair excuse though it must be said the Chargers did better in the heat. Early in the season, it's a real test of conditioning, I guess it's one of the 'perks' of home advantage, but with 42 minutes of possession, that Chargers offense will be fairly gassed as well, with a lot of substitutions required. Still, that heat's going to gas any defense.
Original post by Sameer599
Lol I know that the QB is the most important player, the Seahawks won the superbowl last year and they stop every 20 seconds in play. That's about it :colondollar:

The basic gist:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Usefulnotes/Americanfootball
Original post by Malevolent
whoever took the Patriots Defense for their fantasy team must have had a day and a half.

They're on the wire in our league! I had the Cards though, they were pretty useful.
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Already won in one of my fantasy leagues... up by 46 in another, with only Riley Cooper to play for my opponent, and in the TSR league am down by 9 but he's finished and I have Reggie Wayne and Zach Ertz to play... this is gonna be close

In my IDP league, I'm down by 25 points with just Reggie Wayne to play. Now...I can either hope that he has an amazing game against the Eagles to try and make the score respectable, at the cost of losing this matchup...or, I can hope that he flat out fails to do anything, to try and win this matchup, at the expense of losing the other one.

To be honest, I thought the lineups locked in before the Thursday games, as it does that in my IDP league. (I saw your quick change, getting rid of Alshon Jeffrey before the game :wink: ) WHY DIDN'T I PLAY BRANDON MARSHALL!!! WHY?! ARGH!! 22 points down the drain...so annoying.
Gone 2-0 in the paid league with my team mates :smile: He's have all finished and I've one left to play :smile: Quite happy to get off to a 2-0 start :smile:
Already won in one of my fantasy leagues... up by 46 in another, with only Riley Cooper to play for my opponent, and in the TSR league am down by 9 but he's finished and I have Reggie Wayne and Zach Ertz to play... this is gonna be close

Dammit. I was leading (just !!) until that 24 yard pass to Zach Ertz late inside the two minutes. I will be forever haunted by the fact that Brandon Marshall was on my bench. Haunted I say. Yes...you had other options on your bench as well.

We go again, so they say. Congrats on the win.
A win in all three leagues I'm in :smile:
I went 1-1, in the one I lost having the 49ers D and Blair Walsh basically wrote me off, 1 point off kicker and defense combined is good for nothing!
Oh wow. The Falcons absolutely d****d on the Bucs tonight. 56-zip until the fourth quarter. 56-14 Final.

Glad I have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones together in one of my teams; Julio Jones in the TSR league and starting Matt Ryan in my IDP team. My faith has been repayed after Sunday!!Hope it will be enough, because it will be so tight now.
Jameis Winston really is a moron. Guy is soiling his reputation.
Original post by jammy4041
Dammit. I was leading (just !!) until that 24 yard pass to Zach Ertz late inside the two minutes. I will be forever haunted by the fact that Brandon Marshall was on my bench. Haunted I say. Yes...you had other options on your bench as well.

We go again, so they say. Congrats on the win.

That's ridiculous, I went away camping so I had no idea what had happened - good game though, and I think you'll bounce back!

In my other league someone dropped Alshon Jeffery so I took him and Josh Gordon... in Week 11, provided everyone is fit, I'll have Nick Foles, Eddie Lacy, Jimmy Graham, Alfred Morris, Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon and Alshon Jeffery in my team, with Jay Cutler, Frank Gore and Percy Harvin on the bench :sogood:
That's ridiculous, I went away camping so I had no idea what had happened - good game though, and I think you'll bounce back!

In my other league someone dropped Alshon Jeffery so I took him and Josh Gordon... in Week 11, provided everyone is fit, I'll have Nick Foles, Eddie Lacy, Jimmy Graham, Alfred Morris, Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon and Alshon Jeffery in my team, with Jay Cutler, Frank Gore and Percy Harvin on the bench :sogood:

With Julio Jones firing...hopefully :biggrin: Very good game though.

I'm annoyed by the way the Josh Gordon suspension was handled. I picked him up before the appeal and then dropped it when it was rejected (our IDP draft was mid august!!) but someone else picked him up before the new drug policy was announced. :angry:
FSU about to lose? Good :colone:
Original post by Malevolent
FSU about to lose? Good :colone:

Dayum. Clemson failed in O/T :s-smilie:

Such a blown call in the Oregon @ Washington State game though. They missed that pass interference call.

And to the experts on ESPN and the such, why Texas A&M over Alabama, in that top 4 ? 'Bama mean business.
Original post by jammy4041
Dayum. Clemson failed in O/T :s-smilie:

Such a blown call in the Oregon @ Washington State game though. They missed that pass interference call.

And to the experts on ESPN and the such, why Texas A&M over Alabama, in that top 4 ? 'Bama mean business.

Both Alabama and the Aggies have had pretty easy starts, neither of them has stuttered much tbh. Both their schedules get tougher from here. 18th October is the big date really
Is anyone else having to watch injury report with a very keen eye in order to set their fantasy starters or is it just me who is having a crisis?

And after Manchester United the only thing that could improve this already hungover day is a win on my accumulators or the Jags somehow knocking Andrew 'Franchise QB despite not having done anything good' Luck and the Colts over at Everbank, how they might do that I have no idea but this weekend has been full of ridiculous things which have adversely affected me, it is frankly about time I got some luck.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
Andrew 'Franchise QB despite not having done anything good' Luck

Bit unfair! He hasn't put up mega numbers (yet) but he's had a pretty shoddy team around him for the last two seasons and took them to the playoffs both years. I can see where you're coming from but he is easily franchise quality
Bit unfair! He hasn't put up mega numbers (yet) but he's had a pretty shoddy team around him for the last two seasons and took them to the playoffs both years. I can see where you're coming from but he is easily franchise quality

Maybe it was unfair, you saw in that masterclass on Sky that he has a great football brain, I just don't like how he's unquestionable and players like Dalton are always having their credentials queried by pundits, from the moment he came into the league Luck has never had that.

I'm going to lose my TSR matchup. Stafford is being a tool

This GB @ DET game had so much promise, it's actually been a ****ing dreadful watch
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest