The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Rossiter!!!!!

Mistake by the GK but oh well... good to get a debut goal there.
Damn, happy for him
shall we call that a lambert assist?:colone:

great play by sterling closing down but what a mess up by that keeper
chelsea loanee:cool:
sterling is tearing them apart!
he's bloody everywhere!
Reply 2844
Have to say, that pass to Moreno vs City aside, Markovic has done absolutely nothing so far in his LFC career to make him look even a decent player.
Lallana been our main creative spark, best player on the pitch atm.

Markovic looks afraid to do anything, he should be getting the ball and running at his man but all he does is pass back or sideways.

Generallly speaking sterile domination, tikka takka with no penetration bar the odd Lallana and Sterling drive but we're just asking to get countered once there is a stray pass.
(edited 9 years ago)
not a terrible half but i feel like if it were 0-0 we'd be complaining about our lack of clear chance creation.

enrique, lallana and sterling have been excellent
sakho has been pretty solid but toure doesn't have a clue what he's doing in posession.
markovic has been very average - he isn't as fast as i thought he was and he isn't strong at all which is not good.
i feel like lambert is just a little out of sync with the rest of the team.

1-0 is a nervous scoreline; middlesborough were getting their fair share of chances and were growing as the half went on.
at least we're ahead though.
i don't really want sterling to play a full match but right now i feel that we need him to help us score a second since markovic really doesn't seem up to it
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2847
Lallana looks like he's getting up to speed. We still look pretty crap though.

Original post by So Instinct

Markovic looks afraid to do anything, he should be getting the ball and running at his man but all he does is pass back or sideways.

Yep, at the moment he looks nothing like the swashbuckling footballer we thought we were getting.
Original post by Pn94
Lallana looks like he's getting up to speed. We still look pretty crap though.

Yep, at the moment he looks nothing like the swashbuckling footballer we thought we were getting.

Will come with time I think, I remember there was a period after Sterling broke through to the first team that he seemed afraid to run at his man too was playing similar to Markovic and was dropped for a little while- came back with a bang though.
Hopefully he gets into his groove in the second half of the season when we can really push on.
(edited 9 years ago)
our set piece defending though:coma:
Reply 2850
The Lambert signing looks weirder with each passing game.

Will come with time I think, I remember there was a period just after Sterling broke through to the first team that he seemed afraid to run at his man too was playing similar to Markovic and was dropped for a little while- came back with a bang though.

Sterling came in and bossed City on his full debut, then went and had a string of good performances before he dipped.

Markovic hasn't even shown the initial signs of quality - can't remember him trying to beat his man even once.
Original post by Lúcio
our set piece defending though:coma:

Sarcasm?
Sarcasm?

of course:rolleyes:

regardless of how good/bad your defence is, there's really no excuse for poor set piece defending at the top level.
in open play we've been pretty solid but as soon as they get a corner we're all over the place as usual.
Original post by Pn94
Sterling came in and bossed City on his full debut, then went and had a string of good performances before he dipped.

Markovic hasn't even shown the initial signs of quality - can't remember him trying to beat his man even once.

Yeah something like that.

He hasn't shown it for us but he's shown it at Benfica which is why we were so eager to get him and their fans didn't want him to go. He was patchy at Benfica too but that's just how young players are.
Hopefully this is just his dip which it does seem like, even his touch is a bit off atm he was keeping the ball a lot tighter and cutting through defences at Benfica. If that's the case I'd expect him to go ham post Jan.
Original post by Lúcio
of course:rolleyes:

regardless of how good/bad your defence is, there's really no excuse for poor set piece defending at the top level.
in open play we've been pretty solid but as soon as they get a corner we're all over the place as usual.

Was about to say...
Anyone else hear someone shout "he reminds me of your mums"?
1-1 from a set piece.

0% surprised.

middlesborough have been completely useless going forward from open play in this half.
they get a free kick and score as easy as you like.
(edited 9 years ago)
Naturally they do more or less nothing all game but score from a set piece.

Would take off Marko and Lambert.
(edited 9 years ago)
balotelli and suso need to come on for lambert and markovic respectively.
what happened? seemed like you guys were so confident..

Was it against the run of play?

Quick Reply

Latest