The Student Room Group

Pharmacy and Oral Health Science

I am using either pharmacy or oral health science to act as a stepping stone in order for me to achieve my dream of studying dentistry.
But writing one personal statement for both of these subjects is proving to be a real challenge.
I am wondering if anyone has applied for both of these courses and if so, can give me any advice. Even any tips on writing a personal statement for diverse subjects would be great. Thanks
In short it is very difficult (if not impossible) to write a PS that will cover both subjects adequately, as they are both very different, even if both under the umbrella of healthcare. You need to decide which you want to do and focus on talking about that one
Reply 2
Original post by *Interrobang*
In short it is very difficult (if not impossible) to write a PS that will cover both subjects adequately, as they are both very different, even if both under the umbrella of healthcare. You need to decide which you want to do and focus on talking about that one

You're right. I just can't decide which way to go. Thing is that there are only 2 universities in Scotland that do pharmacy- and I have 5 course spaces to choose with UCAS- so thought i'd use Oral Health to occupy those 3 spaces. Which courses do you recommend will fit in with pharmacy better, pharmacology?
Original post by Chelseamae
You're right. I just can't decide which way to go. Thing is that there are only 2 universities in Scotland that do pharmacy- and I have 5 course spaces to choose with UCAS- so thought i'd use Oral Health to occupy those 3 spaces. Which courses do you recommend will fit in with pharmacy better, pharmacology?

Pharmacology is more of a theoretical course, but more related altho still would be a very different PS. Why can you not apply for dentistry and pharmacy?
Reply 4
Original post by *Interrobang*
Pharmacology is more of a theoretical course, but more related altho still would be a very different PS. Why can you not apply for dentistry and pharmacy?

Thank you.
I can't get in to dentistry here as my grades were not good enough, therefore will need to do it as postgraduate
Reply 5
Why Pharmacy though? I've heard that Strathclyde is five years long.

I honestly think you would be better applying for degrees such as Biochemistry, Chemistry etc as a stepping stone into Grad Dentistry.

But if you are going for Oral Health Science, I'd go for Dundee. It's three years and Dundee is a great Uni.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending