The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
meh at best.

time to improve but unless he's injured i don't see why coutinho isn't playing but markovic is.

Coutinho had an injury so he's obviously not fit enough to start, he'll probs come on at 60 mins.
Don't know what is up with Markovic, he lacks intelligence on the pitch. Unnecessarily over complicates things, doesn't make the runs he should.
Am I the only one completely unconvinced by Markovic?
Markovic looks our weakest player, Coutinho should come in for him second half.
Original post by The.Joker
Coutinho had an injury so he's obviously not fit enough to start, he'll probs come on at 60 mins.

oh right, fair play - suppose we don't reall have another option out wide that's better than markovic then.
but yeah, coutinho in the second half sometime would be good

Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Am I the only one completely unconvinced by Markovic?

pretty sure you aren't the only one :colone:

overall i think we've been decent but not much more.
our defence has been pretty solid, fullbacks have been getting forward well
we just need to be a little more efficient since we don't create very many clear chances anymore

balotelli is trying to hard to score from out of the box.
he isn't staying where he needs to be.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lambert would have done better in this game than Balotelli. He's so wasteful, 7 shots in 40 minutes ffs, most from outside the box. At least Lambert can hold it up and pick a pass.
(edited 9 years ago)
We've had one good cross so far. Not good enough from outside.
Original post by Nedum Onuoha
Lambert would have done better in this game than Balotelli. He's so wasteful, 7 shots in 40 minutes ffs, most from outside the box. At least Lambert can hold it up and pick a pass.

balotelli and lambert with a diamond in midfield
why not?
take off markovic to stick lambert up top and push henderson to the right, leaving sterling out left and lallana in AM.

meh half - good for the neutral but just frustrating for us.
good defensively and we're getting forward with desire but we just aren't getting that final ball.
everton have gotten forward down the left a bit but they'll be happy going in the HT at 0-0 i imagine.
(edited 9 years ago)
dissapointing so far.. game needs a goal badly to get things going.
Crazy at how much Henderson has come on in the past season or 2. Liverpool's best player so far.
then again they should have had a pen too

they could've had a pen, ours was definite.
theirs was kinda like ours against spurs - would've been in credibly soft but technically a pen since he pulled him back.
theirs was as stonewall as they come; arms up, blocking a shot on goal; i don't understand why he didn't give it.

barry should be off anyway.
i ain't bitter... :/
in an isolated derby game against everton, a draw isn't the end of the world (although at anfield we should be winning)
however a draw today would give us 7 points from 6 games and that is ridiculous, regardless of the fact we'll have played city, spurs and everton already.
Original post by Lúcio
in an isolated derby game against everton, a draw isn't the end of the world (although at anfield we should be winning)
however a draw today would give us 7 points from 6 games and that is ridiculous, regardless of the fact we'll have played city, spurs and everton already.

mirin relegation form
mirin relegation form

das it
us and united relegation battle :wink:

should i watch united v west ham or chelsea v villa later?
Personally think we've been excellent. Just missing that final touch of quality in the last third. When you've been stripped of Suarez and Sturridge that's understandable and are fielding three new signings and a teenager. If Luis or Sturridge was playing we'd have scored three by now.

Anyway I'm not too fussed, I think we'll win with a clean sheet.

Balotelli has generally been pretty good. Touch has been good, should have scored but minor, held the play up well and worked well in defence, better in build up play than expected too.

Like I said before, he's not actually that good a player - he doesn't have the goalscoring instinct of someone like Sturridge. He needs to be taught the right runs to make. His reactions are pretty slow - there was one time where Moreno was running into a corner with the obvious intention of just booting it down the line. I looked immediately to Mario, because last season, Suarez would already have sprinted 20 yards and and already been in the position to use his tubby body to hold off the defender and shield the ball down. But Mario only started moving a second or two after the ball had been kicked - a good work rate doesn't come to him naturally. If he really wants to become the world superstar that is his potential, then he needs more desire. He needs to have the will to chase every ball and be ready for every potential opening like Luis was.

What's also funny is how last season our fullbacks were easily the weakest part of our team, and this year they're the strongest by a distance. Admittedly Sturridge has been out, but even then our fullbacks have been magnificent. Moreno does this thing where he goes flying in too quickly to intercept a ball sometimes and loses his balance and we're left with him on the ground, a man on the ball, and our CB isolated against a runner. Decision making isn't quite perfect yet either. But he's been outstanding. He's as quick as they ****ing come (no idea what Samba was on about lol, he's probably top 5 in the league over 20 yards), passing his sharp and accurate, his crossing is excellent and we obviously know he has a goal in him. Great signing. Manquillo has been excellent too, very impressive final ball and great positioning. We haven't seen the best of him and he's still, on early signs, potentially as good an RB as we've had in my time supporting the club.

They've been deflected and won us corners, at the very least.

He's been excellent generally.
Markovic is an absolute pussy, get Coutinho on
(edited 9 years ago)
Sterling is so good, Markovic should have scored...
Original post by Lúcio
das it
us and united relegation battle :wink:

should i watch united v west ham or chelsea v villa later?

Chelsea's is more likely to be a boring straightforward win. We never do it the easy way and you'd expect more goals :cool:
We need to ****ing score from set pieces

Quick Reply

Latest