The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

urgh setting up my new laptop is way more stressful than I want
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh ok. That's a pretty big achievement, I can see why you feel how you do. Academics isn't everything though although it makes for easy comparisons, which aren't always helpful. I don't know if I'm remembering right but did you drop out of university?

I agree about academics :smile:

Still on the course technically but haven't attended in two weeks and don't feel good about it.

I'm just hanging onto life in the hope it will get better.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PandaWho
Im gonna have to step in.
Can you cut out the whole "your amazing" "no you are" speel 5 year old kids do?

Think how it makes others feel. If you REALLY want to do it, either PM or just message each other. Its actually pretty ****ing boring as well as making people feel like even more ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow...I'm sorry :redface:

I'll...just stop posting I guess as I don't want arguments to be caused...not at all :sad:
Im gonna have to step in.
Can you cut out the whole "your amazing" "no you are" speel 5 year old kids do?

Think how it makes others feel. If you REALLY want to do it, either PM or just message each other. Its actually pretty ****ing boring as well as making people feel like even more ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry about that. Will be more responsible in the future. :hugs:
Original post by IDukem
Wow...I'm sorry :redface:

I'll...just stop posting I guess as I don't want arguments to be caused...not at all :sad:

:hugs: I don't see that you've done anything wrong, and I'm sure Poncho would hate for you to leave (Poncho this would be your cue to say as much :tongue:).
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: I don't see that you've done anything wrong, and I'm sure Poncho would hate for you to leave (Poncho this would be your cue to say as much :tongue:).

I dont want people to leave but the wsy things ware being said was making feel cery **** and nog in a good place. Thats why i said stuf

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont want people to leave but the wsy things ware being said was making feel cery **** and nog in a good place. Thats why i said stuf

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I can see you've got a right to say when you're getting upset, but not at the expense of other members' emotions. I get that you're not feeling good right now and I'm sorry to hear that, but I really do think you're out of line here. :sadnod:
Original post by nohomo
I agree about academics :smile:

Still on the course technically but haven't attended in two weeks and don't feel good about it.

I'm just hanging onto life in the hope it will get better.

Could you talk to someone in the disability department of your university or your tutor about missing time and needing to catch up? That is if you want to stay at uni. If you plan to drop out is there anything you can do to fill the time? Sitting around doing nothing might make you feel worse.

I get where you're coming from (sorry I had to edit out your spoiler) with your last sentence. It can get better but the only way it will is if you stick around to find out. Therapy can be useful, have you tried it already or got it lined up or anything? Likewise medication can make a huge difference too - I (sorry to use myself as an example again) took so many antipsychotics but I think I have the right combination now - the voices have pretty much left me alone and I'm actually applying for jobs and playing on a sports team, my life is pretty sweet, something I'd never have thought possible just 2 years ago. It can take a while and can be hard work but it can get better. :console:
I don't think discussing who's out of line and who should have done what is going to help anyone here :nah:
We're all here for each other, and we all need to stick together and try to help everyone else as much as we can :yes:
Hugs to everyone on here tonight! Virgin cut our internet off, at first I was fuming, it was the last thing I needed when I was already down. It has though served as a distraction from other crappyness and I've been able to burn some excess energy off walking back to uni to get to the library.
I apologise wholeheartedly if I hurt anyone's feelings by my posts and I will be much more responsible in the future.

:hugs:
Im sorry too! I dont mean to hurt anyone! next time you feel like im going ott- as i have a tendency to do so just say Cupcakes, be quiet! :redface:

Much love! :hugs:
not doing too good right now.
Original post by Gingerbread101
I don't think discussing who's out of line and who should have done what is going to help anyone here :nah:
We're all here for each other, and we all need to stick together and try to help everyone else as much as we can
:yes:

Totally agree with the bolded bit. :smile:

I just also think that this society relies on mutual respect, and if that's broken then it simply won't function.
Original post by guitaristemily

:hugs: Anything in particular bothering you?
Totally agree with the bolded bit. :smile:

I just also think that this society relies on mutual respect, and if that's broken then it simply won't function.

Everyone has apologised I think, and now we've all hugged and made up we can move on rather than upsetting each other :yes:
Original post by guitaristemily

Anything we can do to help? :hugs:
:hugs: Anything in particular bothering you?

Original post by Gingerbread101
Anything we can do to help? :hugs:

im just so stressed right now, andschool is not helping with that at all.
yo

Latest