The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7180
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Do you mean you're asking your GP for a referral? I'm not 100% sure if EITs/EISs cover ASD but it's worth finding out. Just bullet point a list of your symptoms and things that you have noticed/that have made you unhappy over the past month or so and hand it over to your GP :yes:

Not at all :hugs:

:jumphug: These things have an awful way of tapping into stuff we don't really wanna thing about :sadnod: Which I had a solution for that :console:

No I don't now either. I'm hoping for referrals to both separately. It's difficult to tell whether I have ASD because it might be a personality change as result of the way my mind is working…but then I think I have thought like this for a long time?

EIT is more to do with the paranoia which in some cases has seemed a bit like psychosis, but idk. Could be OCD or again just anxiety.
Thank you :hug:
Original post by keromedic
Well thanks for the hugs :smile:. :hugs:

I need some closure, I think. I still intend to speak to this person platonically. I'm still getting to know them so perhaps I can discuss my feelings when we finally meet. It's been fb/phone purely. (And yes, I realise I sound crazy for falling for someone over the internet)

Not at all crazy. I'm in no position to judge you on that :nah:

:hugs:

Original post by guitaristemily
have to go in though becuase of gcses and stuff.

i need to sleep but i cant becuase im having a bad night with my head right now. dont know if ill sleep.

I hope you have sweet dreams and get some sleep - fingers crossed for you :smile:

Original post by Riku
No I don't now either. I'm hoping for referrals to both separately. It's difficult to tell whether I have ASD because it might be a personality change as result of the way my mind is working…but then I think I have thought like this for a long time?

EIT is more to do with the paranoia which in some cases has seemed a bit like psychosis, but idk. Could be OCD or again just anxiety.
Thank you :hug:

Good luck with it all Riku :hugs:
Original post by furryface12
It makes no difference to the pharmacy whether you pay or not- I've got a prepayment card thing now anyway so I just show then that and they give it me, not that they'd particularly care anyway I don't think :redface:

:hugs: Curl up and make the most of nice new bed? :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But i feel better getting freebies from a company :yep:

I am but it doesnt seem to be helping and finished my distracting sewing now :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right peeps, I must love you and leave you to go to bed. Good night all and hope you all have sweet dreams :h:

I hope you have sweet dreams and get some sleep - fingers crossed for you :smile:

to be honset, im so glad i cant be seen right now becuase im a mess right now.
Out of nowhere ended up with a really funny tummy :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just keep reaching out to people. I appreciate that is hard and not always comfortable but I'd say it's important to let someone - even if it's just us! - know how you are doing.

I'm not too bad thanks. Very sleepy though so about to head to bed :colondollar: I hope you sleep OK! :smile:

Good advice, even if reaching out to people doesn't always work out, it's best to keep trying. Sleep well :smile: thanks for being so welcoming, it's kind :smile:
Still awake :sigh: Kinda glad I am though - only just come across a blog written by an ex-BFF of mine, detailing about her mum's dementia and her family's journey with it. Such a sad read. I wrote her a message but didn't really know what to say. I hope I didn't come across as trite or anything but just felt I had to write, you know? :s-smilie:
panic attack go away, i need to sleep
I haven't slept all night, I need sleep but I have to go out at 7:30, this is such a bad time.
no matter how much sleep i get, i always feel exhausted :frown:
Worst night I can remember. :cry2: Big thanks to TLG, deyesey and mazz. :hugs:
Original post by Valvopus
First panic attack back at uni. I lasted three days.
I agreed to go to bar with 2 of my friends and around 3 people I don't know. Fine I can deal with that.
Oh, we're meeting more people at another bar, not sure but I can probably handle it.
Oh, we're in fact going to a LGBT mixer, I can see this being busy. Then again, I wanted to get involved with that.
Oh, so we're going from here to a club, fine no problem. Had I known I probably would have worn soemthing that looks less like I just got up from a nap.

Except it's so crowded already here at the mixer and people are talking at me and I can't see either of my two friends.

Have retreated to my room. I let friends know that I will join them at club if they're going. I can deal with clubs but the room we were in was probably designed for about 20 people and there were over 100. Personal space was non-existent. Friends were understanding and one who invited me apologised as she didn't realise it would be like that. I don't think the events are normally as popular but it's freshers week.

:hugs: Sounds like you handled the situation as best as possible which is a positive however.
Somebody hold me and say it's going to be alright? I'm sitting in school loos crying for the second time today.
Really nervous about my upcoming apt with Dr Kate, I really want to to tell her the truth regarding the meds that I came off them when I was in a bad place over something and that I was fed up of feeling absolutely nothing and rather quite dull.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic
Hi saxophonist :smile:.

Sorry, fell asleep :colondollar: Will come on facebook in a bit and talk if you're not at work :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
But i feel better getting freebies from a company :yep:

I am but it doesnt seem to be helping and finished my distracting sewing now :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough :smile: Hope you managed to get some sleep in the end, or at least didn't feel too bad :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Sorry, fell asleep :colondollar: Will come on facebook in a bit and talk if you're not at work :smile:

Yay :smile:
Original post by tasha96
Worst night I can remember. :cry2: Big thanks to TLG, deyesey and mazz. :hugs:

Sorry it was so rough. And sorry I had to leave you :sad:

Original post by guitaristemily
Somebody hold me and say it's going to be alright? I'm sitting in school loos crying for the second time today.

:jumphug:
dreadful night. voices screaming, I just cried and cried and cried

Latest