The Student Room Group

2015 Physics Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Southampton have invited me to a visit day,
Do I need to go? Will it affect my offer if I don't?
Would've rather they just give me an offer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellen999
Applied for Physics with/and Astrophysics at these unis:

Birmingham
Manchester
Edinburgh
Cardiff
York

Predicted A*AA

Has anyone got any offers from these ones?

My UCAS form was sent to the unis today so how long do you think I will have to wait before responses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an offer from Edinburgh and an interview at manchester :smile:
sent mine off on the 12th, got the interview invite on the 13th and the Ed offer 2 days ago. however I had heard that Edinburgh usually takes much longer
Original post by Planckton
I have an offer from Edinburgh and an interview at manchester :smile:
sent mine off on the 12th, got the interview invite on the 13th and the Ed offer 2 days ago. however I had heard that Edinburgh usually takes much longer

I heard Edinburgh take a while as well unless you are really clever!
What are you predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone is on OCR Physics then see if this helps http://www.memrise.com/course/437053/ocr-physics-a-g484-the-newtonian-world/
Reply 324
Original post by Zui
I sent my UCAS last friday as well, and I got an an offer from Warwick this Wednesday. I'm also applying for Oxford, Durham, UCL and Imperial. Durham is really slow so I don't expect to get an offer before next year... Don't worry for warwick, if your grades are strong, they will give you offer surely. Basically I got a B in my AS and I can still get an offer. My friends got offers from Bath but they were math and chemical engineering, so I suppose that Bath is slower for physics.

I got my offer from Warwick a week after sending my UCAS- condition A*AA so high five there!
Reply 325
Where you live?
London
A Levels chosen and predicted/hopeful AS and A2 grades?
Achieved: Maths (A), Further Maths (B), Physics (B), Chemistry (B), Economics (B)

Dropped Econ and I am now predicted A*AAA with the A* in Maths
Didnt do as well as I hoped in AS but I will hopefully fix that all come exam season.

Branches of physics you're interested in?
Exploring a lot of quantum physics at the moment!
Universities:
Oxford, Warwick, UCL, Kings, Queen Mary
Specific course(s) you're planning on applying for?
Applied for a masters in Physics at Warwick, Oxford and UCL but a BSc at Kings and Queen Mary

I already have an offer from Warwick (A*AA) and have an interview with Queen Mary soon (I really didn't want one from there -_-). Currently stressing over the PAT, been preparing for a while but sucks having to learn A2 content so quickly :angry:

Original post by ellen999
I heard Edinburgh take a while as well unless you are really clever!
What are you predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 A*s in Physics, Maths, FM and Chem haha

Wow!! Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got my offer from Warwick for maths and physics:smile: A*AA :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my offer for Loughborough! So that's me sorted for... the next five years!
Reply 330
Original post by zi_zi
I got my offer from Warwick a week after sending my UCAS- condition A*AA so high five there!

Well done!!!!
Have you heard anything from other unis???
I didn't receive any thing so I'm a bit worried...
Reply 331
Original post by Zui
Well done!!!!
Have you heard anything from other unis???
I didn't receive any thing so I'm a bit worried...

Thank you! Queen Mary has invited me for an interview and my chosen Oxford college (Worcester) emailed saying I was under "active consideration" and reminded me to take the PAT. It's hard not to be nervous because you just want one damn offer but really, it is all essentially a waiting game.

Did you apply to a specific Oxford college or make an open application?
Hey, got A Physics, A Chemistry, A Maths, A Biology. Predicted A*A*A* to A*A*A. Applied for Bath, Bham, Nottingham, Cardiff, Surrey, all BSc straight physics because of finances and not sure on my career choices yet.
Sent off last Monday, got Surrey offer on Wednesday, just wondering if anyone had got offers that sent their UCAS off after Oxbridge day? I've seen a lot of Bath and Bham offers. :smile:
Also, anyone else apply for Bsc :smile:
Reply 333
Original post by zi_zi
Thank you! Queen Mary has invited me for an interview and my chosen Oxford college (Worcester) emailed saying I was under "active consideration" and reminded me to take the PAT. It's hard not to be nervous because you just want one damn offer but really, it is all essentially a waiting game.

Did you apply to a specific Oxford college or make an open application?

I'm applying for somerville college at ox and they sent me an email say that "all applicants are under consideration".
Everyone knows that Durham is slow so I just need to wait for a long time. They sent me the acknowledgement almost 2 weeks after I sent off my application. And recently they said that they would try their best to give decision before March next year...
Slightly worried about UCL since it starts giving offer...
Imperial didn't say anything after I gave Imperial my UMS marks...So I don't really think that I'm lucky enough to get in.
BTW how's your PAT revision going:smile:
Reply 334
Original post by Zui
I'm applying for somerville college at ox and they sent me an email say that "all applicants are under consideration".
Everyone knows that Durham is slow so I just need to wait for a long time. They sent me the acknowledgement almost 2 weeks after I sent off my application. And recently they said that they would try their best to give decision before March next year...
Slightly worried about UCL since it starts giving offer...
Imperial didn't say anything after I gave Imperial my UMS marks...So I don't really think that I'm lucky enough to get in.
BTW how's your PAT revision going:smile:

Was Somerville a random choice? I realllllllyyyy liked Worcester when I visited for several reasons! I applied to UCL too and so far, have only got the acknowledgement from them. Same goes for Kings. For Queen Mary, I received an email recently saying I was get an offer after I attend their open day :h:. I actually don't want to go there- it is my backup choice but ofcourse the more offers the merrier.

I think I am doing okay with PAT at th emoment but as I am going through more of the papers, it literally feels like im covering my A2 physics syllabus which is a real pain because obviously we havn't been taught the concepts etc. I am aiming for as many marks as possible but realistically I ppredict and would be more than happy with the 70 ish mark seeing as 50 has been the common cut off for getting an interview.

How about your revision?
Original post by dannicturner
Got my offer for Loughborough! So that's me sorted for... the next five years!

Congrats!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the same as my predictions, same subjects too.

I've applied to Oxford, Edinburgh, Warwick, Nottingham and Birmingham. Sent my offer to oxford on the 7th, put the rest of my choices through on the 18th, no offers through just yet thought
Original post by Swinburne
That's the same as my predictions, same subjects too.

I've applied to Oxford, Edinburgh, Warwick, Nottingham and Birmingham. Sent my offer to oxford on the 7th, put the rest of my choices through on the 18th, no offers through just yet thought

Ah awesome! Which Oxford college?
I think Edinburgh, Warwick, Notts and Brum will all give you offers! Obviously can't call it on Oxford haha!
First or second year entry for Ed?
Ah awesome! Which Oxford college?
I think Edinburgh, Warwick, Notts and Brum will all give you offers! Obviously can't call it on Oxford haha!
First or second year entry for Ed?

I applied to Oriel, and 1st year entry at Ed, I wanna get the full experience out of it
Original post by Swinburne
I applied to Oriel, and 1st year entry at Ed, I wanna get the full experience out of it

Ah cool! Yeah wish I had, didn't even think about missing out on freshers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending