The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by calthedude
They gave me my offer on friday evening just before Track went down. My GCSE's were 9A*s 1A 1B, my AS's were 4A's and predicted 4A*s in A2 although i've already done A2 maths.

When did you apply?

Around the same time as you:smile: really hoping I get an offer soon:/
Reply 781
I'm sure it won't be long :wink:. What were your predicted grades etc.?

Got 4 A's at AS, GCSE- 7a* 5A's, predicted 3A* and an A at a level :smile:
Reply 782
You should have no problem then

Hoping for one soon! :smile:
Original post by groovyd97
Dunno about UCL, but it seems like Warwick are first giving out offers to everyone with 4A* predictions. I guess then they'll move on to the rest

nah, have those predictions and no offer here lol
did anybody else get the ums questionnaire for LSE econ????
Reply 785
Original post by jchap9776

Yeah I got it a few days after the 2 week email- have you got the 8 week email yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
nah, have those predictions and no offer here lol

Same for me, and I seemed to apply before a lot of these offer holders :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787

Me:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Same for me, and I seemed to apply before a lot of these offer holders :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone is in the same boat, and a lot of the offer holders are international applicants anyway so I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i applied for straight economics bsc on 15th Oct at Warwick, Queen Mary, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester. my predicted grades are A*AA in Politics, maths and economics respectively.

got an offer from manchester fairly quickly. and acknowledgement letters from the rest.

just wondering if anyone has any offers from any of these unis and what their conditions are. i have not seen any comments about queen mary econ on tsr.

the waiting game is driving me mad!!!!
Original post by cp1996
Everyone is in the same boat, and a lot of the offer holders are international applicants anyway so I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I did see a fair few are internationals, so hopefully I'll find out in the next few months :smile:

Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarah.97
i applied for straight economics bsc on 15th Oct at Warwick, Queen Mary, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester. my predicted grades are A*AA in Politics, maths and economics respectively.

got an offer from manchester fairly quickly. and acknowledgement letters from the rest.

just wondering if anyone has any offers from any of these unis and what their conditions are. i have not seen any comments about queen mary econ on tsr.

Hi!
Did you get an email from leeds business school saying that they try and get decisions done within two weeks? Because I got my offer pretty much 2 weeks to the hour so it could just be that :biggrin:

I've got an aaa offer from leeds, and an a*aa/a*abb offer from Nottingham. The Nottingham one came through 3 weeks after I sent my application :smile:

Good luck! I'm sure you'll hear something soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seeing that a lot of people here have applied to Warwick here, thought I'd say I've seen quite a few people say the Economics department at Warwick don't tend to give out offers until next year, so don't worry guys!

I'm guessing Warwick is your top choice amongst those? Then you're pretty much sorted :tongue:.
Thank you! You too :smile: are you taking 4 alevels?

Also what do you think the chances are of Nottingham giving me an AAB offer? I need an insurance that I actually want to go to
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! You too :smile: are you taking 4 alevels?

Also what do you think the chances are of Nottingham giving me an AAB offer? I need an insurance that I actually want to go to
Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure who this is meant for? But I would really doubt that nottingham would give you an aab offer, you're probably looking minimum aaa :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 796
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Not sure who this is meant for? But I would really doubt that nottingham would give you an aab offer, you're probably looking minimum aaa :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do you need to get the AAA offer, is it contextual only?
Original post by cp1996
Yeah I got it a few days after the 2 week email- have you got the 8 week email yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope, I had one saying they'd update me in a further couple of weeks
what are peoples thoughts on Cambridge vs lse?
Original post by maj969
what do you need to get the AAA offer, is it contextual only?

I'd imagine it's contextual tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending