The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

When will we play Bournemouth away?
Original post by The.Joker

Sandwiched between Utd [A] and Arsenal [H]. Probs going to rest a few players.

Ties are due to be played during the week commencing 15 December 2014

Week commencing 15th December, so it'll be the 16th or 17th.
Original post by mr tim

That week will be very tiring for our players. Thank goodness it's only Bournemouth we play in between United and Arsenal, our fringe squad should have enough to win anyways.
Original post by Zerforax
Ties are due to be played during the week commencing 15 December 2014

Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Week commencing 15th December, so it'll be the 16th or 17th.

Cheers guys. :smile:

How is everyone feeling about the Newcastle game?
They'll be very confident at home especially as they just have beaten City at the Etihad 2-0, so they'll be full of belief and no doubt will be pressing us right from the beginning. It should be an interesting game to watch as both teams will be going for the win, I think it'll be a 2-1 win to us.
Original post by Zerforax
Newcastle will be tough.. 3 wins in a row?

i'm seriously nervous about them.
although as a team they're hilariously unpredictable.
now that some pressure is off pardew they might just regress again.
regardless we need to put in a good performance

Original post by mr tim
Bournmouth away

too slow :colone:

Original post by mr tim

damn that's not pretty.
both of those games are 6 pointers but i also want us to try to get a trophy this season! :frown:

top 4 is more important though
second string team against bournemouth is most likely
Original post by So Instinct
Reminds me of our convo.

My pull out game strong. Can't say the same for him though.

Probs a joke anyway.

Hhahaha I'm dead.

Btw only Chelsea and Pool are the big teams still in the competition, Chelsea Liverpool final please :smile:
Actually gutted it's away at Bournemouth, means I won't be able to go :frown:

They didn't play the full first team, and they have momentum, and it's at St James' Park - it's going to be close. If we play like we did last night we should come away with a win, but forgive me if I don't have any faith in Rodgers to stick with what works.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Actually gutted it's away at Bournemouth, means I won't be able to go :frown:

They didn't play the full first team, and they have momentum, and it's at St James' Park - it's going to be close. If we play like we did last night we should come away with a win, but forgive me if I don't have any faith in Rodgers to stick with what works.

Damn, I didn't realise that their first XI wasn't playing. I'm an optimistic person so I have faith we can get a win, whether it's by a solid team performance or sheer luck is another story. I do understand how you feel though since we've been really poor for the most part of this season. As long as Coutinho starts and there's someone partnering Balo I'll be quite hopeful of winning.
Cheers guys. :smile:

They'll be very confident at home especially as they just have beaten City at the Etihad 2-0, so they'll be full of belief and no doubt will be pressing us right from the beginning. It should be an interesting game to watch as both teams will be going for the win, I think it'll be a 2-1 win to us.

Tbh it will be a very different set of players for both Newcastle and Liverpool. They beat Leicester (not that surprising) and Spurs are going through a tough patch at the moment. No doubt they will be full of confidence but it's probably more about what we do and whether we can get an early goal to start with.
That week will be very tiring for our players. Thank goodness it's only Bournemouth we play in between United and Arsenal, our fringe squad should have enough to win anyways.

Bournemouth are in great form at the moment, they'll give you a drubbing.
Reply 4732
Sterling, Markovic and Origi on the shortlist for European Golden Boy (for players under 21). We have more nominees than any other club.

Full shortlist:

Spoiler

It's good to see five Englishmen in there. For me the favourites are Raheem Sterling, Domenico Berardi and Hakan Calhanoglu. I was desperate for us to sign Berardi this summer but I suppose I should be happy with Origi :P
(edited 9 years ago)
This Liverpool team has quite a lot of potential if they are capable of growing together. None of the key players leave early, just shown by the amount of players in the running for Golden Boy.

Hows Tiago Ilori doing?
Reply 4734
Original post by jam277
This Liverpool team has quite a lot of potential if they are capable of growing together. None of the key players leave early, just shown by the amount of players in the running for Golden Boy.

Hows Tiago Ilori doing?

I can't remember it ever getting reported but it turns out he's on loan at Bordeaux (a top half Ligue 1 side). He's played 4 games, but all I really have to go off is statistics tbh. He has 1 goal and 1 man of the match award. He went off after 27 minutes on the 3rd of October and hasn't played since, so I'm presuming he's injured. Overall, he seems pretty highly rated judging by the teams that wanted to take him on loan and him appearing to go straight into their team.

I find whoscored best for stats and keeping track of loan players: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/105974/Show/Tiago-Ilori

Overall it's hard to judge how good he will be for us until he has played in England. Next season he really needs to be playing in the PL, whether it is for us or on loan.

Considering we've spent ~£40mil in the last two summers on Lovren, Sakho and Ilori, I can't see us buying anymore CB's for the foreseeable future. I think the expectation is that from next season, BR really should have formed a workable partnership out of Sakho and Lovren, with Skrtel/Wisdom/Ilori as back-up.
Bournemouth away has Toure red card and Skrtel own goal written all over it. Can't wait for the upset.
Original post by Lúcio
i thought you died...

I'm around
Original post by little_tom
I'm around

Hows life treating you? Finished uni I'm guessing?
Original post by jam277
Hows life treating you? Finished uni I'm guessing?

Finished university around June. I've been working full time in logistics for around a month now, but hours of work are quite exhausting.

Sitting in one place for nine hours doing something with relatively little material output, surrounded by people I probably don't like whilst knowingly making someone in a bigger office more money is quite a dull lifestyle

but the money is pretty good
Hopefully this is a turning point for both Balotelli and Liverpool. Would like to see him and Borini forge a partnership not just because they combined for the equaliser but because we could call it Bn'B :wink: I like Fabio Borini as a player because he works hard, makes very good runs and works the defenders a lot more which creates space and I reckon this would help Balotelli a lot more than having him play him as a lone striker supported by Lallana/Sterling/Coutinho.
Bournemouth will be a tricky tie but get past it and we may be heading back to Wembley before too long :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest