The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

****Ask a second year Portsmouth student anything******

Scroll to see replies

Original post by missbeth
I have a few questions as I'm only 16 in my final GCSE year but looking at universities now to get a guideline of what I should take for my A-levels.

1) Have you ever met anyone who is in or know anything about the journalism and media studies course or the facilities for people taking a media studies course of some form?

I know several people who are into Journalism and (I think) study it, or something like English.. From being a representative at Activities Council (Student Society Meetings) and seeing people from the Student newspaper etc..
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Do you still have time to play Arma?
Reply 62
Came to the open day yesterday and the girl who showed us around the accommodation mentioned that she had not been in halls as she got into Portsmouth through clearing....she had to find private rental property which sounded a bit stressful. I am thinking of Portsmouth as my insurance but really want to be in halls. Do most people who have it as their insurance not get places in halls???
Original post by borysek01
Do you still have time to play Arma?

Noooo :P

Original post by penny723
Came to the open day yesterday and the girl who showed us around the accommodation mentioned that she had not been in halls as she got into Portsmouth through clearing....she had to find private rental property which sounded a bit stressful. I am thinking of Portsmouth as my insurance but really want to be in halls. Do most people who have it as their insurance not get places in halls???

That's the same for most Universities I do believe.
Received an conditional offer for Psychology at Portsmouth and I was just wondering what it's like in portsmouth and the type of people that are there, is it socially diverse etc
Whats the gay scene like in Portsmouth?
It appears you study Law, exactly what I got an offer for.

How is Law at Portsmouth? Any general details would be well appreciated.
Hello! I was wondering if someone who is already studying at Portsmouth can answer a few questions. I really need help making up my mind because I got offers from my universities and I can't make a decision. If there is someone who can help me, please message me. I would be more than grateful!
hello, how do you find/rate the night life in portsmouth? i have been given an offer and are strongly considering it, but i am not too sure about the social aspect within the uni and what it has to offer any feedback?
Which of the halls is the closest to the University?
Do you advise me to study Msc civil Engineering in Portsmouth ?

I'm doubt between Nottingham , Bradford , Brighton and Portsmouth ?

Please help
Original post by prospect10

Please help

It depends, Nottingham is a Russell group however I don't know much about the city. I'd stay well clear of Bradford its not a great area at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em211997
It depends, Nottingham is a Russell group however I don't know much about the city. I'd stay well clear of Bradford its not a great area at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you studying yourself ? And where ?
do you have any idea about Russell group
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi everyone..i.need advice abouth hostels or other options for Stay 3 4 days.. I have offer for msc sports performance and i will be there in.end.of.june so i want to rent a.room but.firstly i.need a.hostel or.like that..
I have a few questions about the course. How are you finding Criminology and Criminal Justice course and is it really hard? I have chosen the same course to study this year in university of Portsmouth however I’m really worrying that it’s going to be too hard since I never really studying anything to do with law .By doing my research I am finding this course interesting but I’m just worried that is it very challenging. Just would like to know your overview of the course and is it worth it.
Original post by prospect10

Please help

I'm not a student at Portsmouth but I do live in Nottingham and can answer any questions you have about the city - just message me privately if you have any questions.

(I'm going to Portsmouth in September but I've only visited Portsmouth once so I'm no expert when it comes to Portsmouth!)
Reply 76
Hi,

Is it true that visitors (parents included I suppose) are not allowed in Guildhall particularly in James Watson? If this is true, which hall are less strict in terms of having visitors? My parents will have to drop by once in a while and I want them to be able to stay for few hours before heading back home.
Original post by lnux
Hi,

Is it true that visitors (parents included I suppose) are not allowed in Guildhall particularly in James Watson? If this is true, which hall are less strict in terms of having visitors? My parents will have to drop by once in a while and I want them to be able to stay for few hours before heading back home.

Some of my friends lived in James Watson in the first year so technically I was a "visitor" on many occasions and there was no problem.
Hello😃 I've had an offer for Portsmouth and will hopefully be staying in dorms. I've heard different things about what I should or shouldn't take, kitchen things for example, and was wondering if someone could help me out? Thank you😊
Original post by dannhardy
Hello😃 I've had an offer for Portsmouth and will hopefully be staying in dorms. I've heard different things about what I should or shouldn't take, kitchen things for example, and was wondering if someone could help me out? Thank you😊

What I was told on the accommodation tour was to wait till you meet your flat mates before buying things like kettles and toasters ect as you can all pitch in with buying one or somebody may bring one and you won't need many :smile: I know many friends who have done this also. Obviously bringing your own cutlery and plates ect is a good idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending