The Student Room Group

Second degree funding

Hi,

I already have a BA degree which I used student finance for. I am thinking of studying for a CertHe in Dental Nursing. Is this something I could claim student finance for? I know some STEM subjects can have second degree funding, but not sure if dental nursing is included.

Thank you
Original post by LittleToaster35
Hi,

I already have a BA degree which I used student finance for. I am thinking of studying for a CertHe in Dental Nursing. Is this something I could claim student finance for? I know some STEM subjects can have second degree funding, but not sure if dental nursing is included.

Thank you

Hi there,

Are you looking to do this at full time level and what was the previous degree in? Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Are you looking to do this at full time level and what was the previous degree in? Thanks, Jason

Thanks for replying.

My previous degree is a BA Hons in English. The course is available full time over 1 year or part time over 2 years. I am considering either option based on funding/work commitments etc.
The course is Dental Nursing CertHe at University of Portsmouth.
Thanks for replying.

My previous degree is a BA Hons in English. The course is available full time over 1 year or part time over 2 years. I am considering either option based on funding/work commitments etc.
The course is Dental Nursing CertHe at University of Portsmouth.

Hi there,

This course doesn't look like an exception, however it would be best to get our assessors to confirm this so you know for sure.

We'd recommend making an application online as soon as you can: that way we'll be able to tell you for definite what you'll be entitled to.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Thank you for the info.
Thank you for the info.

You're welcome - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending