The Student Room Group

2015 Physics Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BanoffeeGuy
Well, hello there! haha. Are you by any chance going to that revision session tomorrow then? It may just be my college, not sure! Are you the same 'alex ball' that is getting emails from richard griffiths? xD Stalkerish much?!

Yes, that's me!:smile:
Original post by alexball97
Yes, that's me!:smile:

Ha! Small world I suppose! I'll see you tomorrow then! :smile:
Offers from Warwick, A*AA(MMathPhys), and Bath, A*AA(MPhys) so far...and an interview at Lancaster(for masters in Theoretical physics w/maths) :smile: Main hurdle at the moment for me is the PAT exam though (for Oxford), I tend to do better on the maths section (because it's less of a leap from its respective A-level than the physics section is) so perhaps it will level out to a half-decent score. However I'm not majorly worried about getting in, it would be lovely if I did but in my mind if I know I've put in as much work as I can, I can sleep easily. :smile: Also, I'm pretty confident of an offer from Durham for theoretical physics, which I love the sound of, so it's a win-win situation!

Well done on the offers man, mind saying what your grades and predictions were and also when you applied? Cheers
Argh can't decide on a 5th choice!

Durham, Bath, Nottingham, York so far!
Reply 364
Original post by Tibbz2
Argh can't decide on a 5th choice!

Durham, Bath, Nottingham, York so far!

Which universities are you choosing between?
Original post by alow
Which universities are you choosing between?

I don't really have any others that I've been able to visit... I've contemplated Warwick and Surrey though
Original post by Tibbz2
I don't really have any others that I've been able to visit... I've contemplated Warwick and Surrey though

Give us some requirements, like what you're looking for in a university
And we can shoot you some places!
It's like Location location location PHYSICS EDITION
Original post by DanRigg96#
Give us some requirements, like what you're looking for in a university
And we can shoot you some places!
It's like Location location location PHYSICS EDITION

haha, well... My requirments are probably just the obvious and usual ones :tongue:

Nice city/location if possible, good department, and a focus on astronomy or astrophysics if possible :smile:
Original post by Tibbz2
haha, well... My requirments are probably just the obvious and usual ones :tongue:

Nice city/location if possible, good department, and a focus on astronomy or astrophysics if possible :smile:

Bristol, Exeter, Southampton?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I also applied to do Physics/Astrophysics. I only have one place in common which I also applied to as you, which is Cardiff. I got a reply within a week of sending my application off.

I also have an interview for a different university for Astrophysics, have you been told anything about the interviews and what they will be like?

Thanks.
Anyone else been called for an interview at Exeter for BSc phys with astro? I'm not living in the UK at the moment and having to go back for the open day type thing with the interview is extremely inconvenient and expensive... Anyone got some knowledge on how much it will effect my application if I can't go? I'm predicted A*AA and the course only requires AAA-ABB so I'm quite surprised they've called me for an interview, must be more subscribed to than I thought.
Original post by Preece97
Well done on the offers man, mind saying what your grades and predictions were and also when you applied? Cheers

Thanks man! Where are you applying then? :smile: I had 7A*'s 2As 1B at GCSE, A*AAA at AS (A* in maths respectively a year early as I'm doing f.maths) predicted A*A*A in fmaths physics and chem :smile:
Has anybody applied to St Andrews? What is their standard offer for Physics?
Hi, I've also got an interview at Exeter for Astrophysics and have predicted grade A*AA I'm guessing it's more of a sales day to encourage people to have a look round and encourage you to go there? That's what I'm taking it as!
Original post by dandelion123
Has anybody applied to St Andrews? What is their standard offer for Physics?

Pretty sure their standard offer is A*AA, it was last year anyway
They are massively oversubscribed though so bare that in mind
Thanks man! Where are you applying then? :smile: I had 7A*'s 2As 1B at GCSE, A*AAA at AS (A* in maths respectively a year early as I'm doing f.maths) predicted A*A*A in fmaths physics and chem :smile:

I'm going for Bath, Oxford, Warwick, Surrey and Exeter but after that entrance test for Oxford I can pretty much discard any chance of going there :tongue:
Got offers from Warwick and Surrey so far for A*AA and ABB, with an interview at Exeter -_- really want to get a Bath offer though
Original post by Preece97
I'm going for Bath, Oxford, Warwick, Surrey and Exeter but after that entrance test for Oxford I can pretty much discard any chance of going there :tongue:
Got offers from Warwick and Surrey so far for A*AA and ABB, with an interview at Exeter -_- really want to get a Bath offer though

I know right! That PAT was nasty! :L Ah well, at least we've got offers from other places :smile: I'm sure you'll have an offer from bath soon, they get a lot of applicants so I think it's just a matter of them sorting through it all!
Original post by Swinburne
Pretty sure their standard offer is A*AA, it was last year anyway
They are massively oversubscribed though so bare that in mind

Thank you very much!
Reply 378
Birmingham, England
Applied for MPhys at Warwick Lancaster Nottingham Exeter and Birmingham, A*AA offer from Warwick, Interviews at Lancaster & Exeter, Birmingham and Nottingham not heard. Does an interview mean your application wasn't as strong or do some unis do them as standard before giving offers?
at AS I got A in Maths A in Chemistry B in Physics and B in History (dropped) and doing retakes to boost a couple hopefully.
Enjoy nuclear physics
Original post by wmavfc
Birmingham, England
Applied for MPhys at Warwick Lancaster Nottingham Exeter and Birmingham, A*AA offer from Warwick, Interviews at Lancaster & Exeter, Birmingham and Nottingham not heard. Does an interview mean your application wasn't as strong or do some unis do them as standard before giving offers?
at AS I got A in Maths A in Chemistry B in Physics and B in History (dropped) and doing retakes to boost a couple hopefully.
Enjoy nuclear physics

My friend has an interview at Exeter- I'm assuming that's as standard! She got a straight offer from Lancaster though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending