The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh wow...wooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Well done Andy Dalton. A passer rating of 1.96. A QB rating of zero at the half. A 10/33 for 86yards, 0TDs and 3INTs statline...at the end. A disgraceful flaming dumpster fire of a performance somehow doesn't quite do it justice.
Dalton just cannot get it done. He is flat out mediocre.
Original post by Malevolent
Dalton just cannot get it done. He is flat out mediocre.

I actually believed in him...that he wasn't terrible enough to merit being dropped. After tonight though...he should NEVER be an NFL starter again, or at least not for a while. A QB rating that was less than 2...how the fudge is that even possible, with an all-pro Wideout, a stud rookie RB (who was in the doghouse tonight more than Dalton, with one fumble, despite two tackles on interception returns) and a stud #2 wideout, and a very good o-line?!! Yes, Cleveland got pressure with just three, and Kruger played an excellent game, but you're at home!! How do you average about 2 yards per attempt with all that? Why AJ McCarron, are you injured right now?? :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Week 10 and the Browns are playoff contenders.

Browns vs Lions Super Bowl anyone? :colone:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Week 10 and the Browns are playoff contenders.

Browns vs Lions Super Bowl anyone? :colone:

Well we got the Jets Dolphins for London next year :wink:
Well we got the Jets Dolphins for London next year :wink:

Suits me just fine! :biggrin:
Suits me just fine! :biggrin:

Haha thought you might be happy. Sad though we didn't get the full sweep of AFC East coming over :sad:
Haha thought you might be happy. Sad though we didn't get the full sweep of AFC East coming over :sad:

Nah, Pats have already played twice at Wembley. Unless it was a marquee game like Pats/Broncos, it'd be boring and one sided.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nah, Pats have already played twice at Wembley. Unless it was a marquee game like Pats/Broncos, it'd be boring and one sided.

Shame :sad:

Doubt they would ever send something like that to the UK though. If they did I think Americans would be up in arms.
Shame :sad:

Doubt they would ever send something like that to the UK though. If they did I think Americans would be up in arms.

Even as Broncos fan, about to go to Mile High, I'd love to see that at Wembley, or just my team. I've been thinking about the thanksgiving games. Of course, the Lions and the Cowboys play...but I think that Steelers-Ravens should always be a fixture. And if the schedule allows, Manning-Brady should be a fixture as well.
Original post by jammy4041
Even as Broncos fan, about to go to Mile High, I'd love to see that at Wembley, or just my team. I've been thinking about the thanksgiving games. Of course, the Lions and the Cowboys play...but I think that Steelers-Ravens should always be a fixture. And if the schedule allows, Manning-Brady should be a fixture as well.

Don't you ever get a bit tired of manning brady haha? For me it's a bit dull now.
Don't you ever get a bit tired of manning brady haha? For me it's a bit dull now.

We have to enjoy their careers while they last. There won't be too many more.
:yikes: RIP Bears.:007::rip:
this is the first year I have not watched a down of football.there are no local teams where I live now.how are the seahawks?
Wembley was awesome.

Funny thing was it's a jaguar "home game" but outnumbered by cowboys fans ten to one.
Oh Lynch, how I knew you would come good.
Original post by ..DT..
Oh Lynch, how I knew you would come good.

I hear you!! He got 40 points in my IDP league...ah-maz-ing....I had Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson in the lineup as well, and while I should be grateful for the 158 points so far...I started Palmer instead of Romo (status for the game unclear as of Thursday when the lineup locked in) and Hill instead of Forsett (who ended up scoring 23 fantasy points to Hill's 6!!)...

Doing the math, it's kind of scary to think I left about 69 points on the ball, once defense was factored in.

Never seen anything like this before :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)

Never seen anything like this before :lol:

Well...not by the Jets anyway....even if it is quite a Jets thing to do:tongue:. I see your 3rd and 46...and raise you a 4th and 48 by the raiders!!! (This was against the Chiefs, and was actually 3rd and 48; the pass fell incomplete...)

And how did this happen?

USAToday
On what could have been a game-tying drive in the fourth quarter, the Oakland Raiders stormed down the field near the end zone. In true Raiders fashion, they were driving toward the wrong end zone.
A holding call on first down nullified the play and set up the Raiders with a 1st and 20. On the next play, Terrelle Pryor was sacked for a 12-yard loss. A delay of game on second down pushed the Raiders back to 2nd and 37. Pryor was then sacked again, leading to the 3rd and 48. It was a magical sight of incompetence, like seeing a three-legged unicorn with half a horn or finding a homeless leprechaun at the end of the rainbow.

Sadly, Pryor threw a quick check down on third down that resulted in an incompletion, thus depriving the NFL world of seeing something inconceivable, like a 4th and 57.
The Raiders had started the drive on their own 18-yard line, then drove to midfield before getting pushed back to the 12. A drive that had gained 32 yards at one point instead ended up as a net -6.

And what is the longest down and distance?

On a recent episode of the excellent Hang Up and Listen podcast, Josh Levin says the longest down and distance in NFL history was when the New England Patriots faced 4th and 63 in 1971.

(edited 9 years ago)

Latest