The Student Room Group

Nelson Thrones AQA AS Economics Answers to Exam Questions

Does anyone have the answers to the Nelson Thrones AQA AS Economics Exam Questions (Just Question 2 not both) that are at the end of Chapter 13 page 160?!

Im struggling hugely so any help would be awesome!
Original post by kcal44
Does anyone have the answers to the Nelson Thrones AQA AS Economics Exam Questions (Just Question 2 not both) that are at the end of Chapter 13 page 160?!

Im struggling hugely so any help would be awesome!

I don't have the answers but if you give me the question I can try to help?
Reply 2
Original post by mscaffrey
I don't have the answers but if you give me the question I can try to help?

c) the extract refers to two measures of unemployment, using an ad/as diagram explain how the government could reduce the level of unemployment in the country

the last one i should be okay on because i found a guide we wrote in class
Original post by kcal44
c) the extract refers to two measures of unemployment, using an ad/as diagram explain how the government could reduce the level of unemployment in the country

Are you unsure about the two measurements or how a government could reduce the level of unemployment?

Two measurements:

Spoiler

Government's powers:

Spoiler

Original post by kcal44

If unemployment is up due to a low/reduced demand for goods/services in the economy the government will have to try policies that increase AD. An increase in aggregate demand (shift the AD curve to the right) will lead to employers being more willing to employ more people (they basically have to employ more people in order to fulfil the demand in the economy). They can either lower taxes to encourage people to spend more, or increase government spending (this is a good time to spend on services-education, health). Increased government spending will boost AD and even create jobs itself, because people will be required to work on government projects (think of builders building new hospitals/clinics/schools etc).

The government could also try decreasing aggregate supply in the market-this is when a government would increase import taxes and create barriers to incoming trade, so people are less likely to import their goods into the UK. This decrease in aggregate supply (because foreign imports have been lowered) would lead to more demand for domestic goods to fulfill the supply expected.
Reply 5
Original post by mscaffrey
If unemployment is up due to a low/reduced demand for goods/services in the economy the government will have to try policies that increase AD. An increase in aggregate demand (shift the AD curve to the right) will lead to employers being more willing to employ more people (they basically have to employ more people in order to fulfil the demand in the economy). They can either lower taxes to encourage people to spend more, or increase government spending (this is a good time to spend on services-education, health). Increased government spending will boost AD and even create jobs itself, because people will be required to work on government projects (think of builders building new hospitals/clinics/schools etc).

The government could also try decreasing aggregate supply in the market-this is when a government would increase import taxes and create barriers to incoming trade, so people are less likely to import their goods into the UK. This decrease in aggregate supply (because foreign imports have been lowered) would lead to more demand for domestic goods to fulfill the supply expected.

Thank you this really helped!
Reply 6
Original post by PaulKrugman
Are you unsure about the two measurements or how a government could reduce the level of unemployment?

Two measurements:

Spoiler

Government's powers:

Spoiler

Thanks this was really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest