The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What the hell happened today...

Rams beat the broncos making Peyton look so bad.

Eli "the many faces" manning throws 5 picks yet they barely lose to the 49ers. Kaepernick whats wrong wih you?

Seahawks lose again this time to the chiefs who are surging.

**** now I'm scared for the Colts...
Aaron Rodgers is playing like a god right now. I do not like the thought of having to go to Lambeuagh next week. Packers are really heating up big time.
Can see the Raiders going 0-16 this season.

Good to see the Broncos get Rammed.
Original post by ..DT..
Mike Evans for oroty anyone? Dude is an animal.

Mike Evans has stepped up recently...well he does have outstanding size...could easily have been a tight end...so he is a such a mis-match for corners on the perimeter.

Original post by Malevolent
What the hell happened today...

Rams beat the broncos making Peyton look so bad.

Eli "the many faces" manning throws 5 picks yet they barely lose to the 49ers. Kaepernick whats wrong wih you?

Seahawks lose again this time to the chiefs who are surging.

**** now I'm scared for the Colts...

And most importantly, considering they own all of the tiebreakers against the other NFC South teams...the current No.4 NFC seed, and current leader of the NFC South.....IS THE ATLANTA FALCONS??!!!

Upsets Galore. Well played, Rams...well played. The Rams played better in all three phases.

Let the saltiness begin however....

Ugh...this o-line shuffle experiment has to be terminated...IMMEDIATELY. Return to the personnel of week 1; Ryan Clady LT, Orlando Franklin LG, Manny Ramirez C, Louis Vasquez RG and Chris Clark RT. Whatever screw-ups Chris Clark did...they pale in comparison to what Montgomery and Cornick have done. Paul Cornick was garbage before being canned, and the reshuffle has just been awful.

Ryan Clady is a franchise left tackle, who played as a left tackle for Tim Tebow...Now, what I do not understand, is that because Tebow was left-handed, the left side is the strong side in a balanced formation; and the duties of the LT are the same as the right tackle, so we already know how well Clady can be in the run game. If the impact of playing Chris Clark at LT and Clady at RT, outweigh the risk of Clark playing at RT, then it has to be considered, at the very least. It speaks volumes how many pressures Peyton had to face. Once St. Louis dialled up the blitzes that o-line was toast.

On the other hand, with regard to the running game, having Manning under center would be better in that aspect; running out of shotgun formation isn't good. (Shotgun is better for blitz pickups and for deciphering the defense however, and there is the argument that Peyton is too slow, and the o-line too garbage to allow Peyton to play under center). On 4th and 1, that we had to pass it spoke volumes, importantly, as a vote of no-confidence in the o-line, the running game and the kicker.

So for me...the loss is more on the o-line. However...there is no escape from the fact that Manning did not have a good game. The TD throw to Sanders was as good as it got, annoyingly.

Regarding Eli..yes he had a bad game...but it is testament to how sneakily good that Giants defense is. Kaepernick is garbage...and lacks 'touch'. Throws it with the same power...be it a 50 yard bomb or

Original post by Malevolent
Aaron Rodgers is playing like a god right now. I do not like the thought of having to go to Lambeuagh next week. Packers are really heating up big time.

Annoyingly, yes...the Packers are rounding into form...and they are the form team. Defense looks improved with Clay Matthews inside, and the rushing defense is not the liability it was at the beginning of the season. But the NFC team that is really hot is the Cardinals. They are legit. As are Detroit.

Original post by A Mysterious Lord

I'd be surprised if the raiders go 0-16.
Okay I don't want to toot my own teams born but damn. On to Detroit. I think we have the best secondary in the nfl easily.
Packers vs pats in the superbowl for me right now. Both playing **** hot and ready for the run in.
Original post by ..DT..
Packers vs pats in the superbowl for me right now. Both playing **** hot and ready for the run in.

You get the preview next week :wink:
Original post by ..DT..

It pains me to say as a Pats fan, but hot at the wrong time. If we're still this hot at the end of December, I'll believe.
Same with the Packers. They had some horrible games earlier in the season, and it could definitely swing back round that way at playoff time.
Original post by shunter7634
It pains me to say as a Pats fan, but hot at the wrong time. If we're still this hot at the end of December, I'll believe.
Same with the Packers. They had some horrible games earlier in the season, and it could definitely swing back round that way at playoff time.

This is true. I'm fearful that a team like the Seahawks or the 49ers will get hot...or someone like the Bengals. Heck if a team like the Saints gets it together....who knows? The record wouldn't exactly matter at that point. Record just matters for the byes and the first place...(I say "just"...but I know my Broncos are most likely screwed if the AFCCG is in New England).
The road to the playoffs hopefully will go through foxboro. Right now I'm loving how we are playing. It's smash mouth in your face. The secondary is ridiculous. Just waiting for chandler jones to get back as well.

Gronkowski is the key. We only go as far as he will take us.

Also...well played in fantasy. A loss by over 70 points doesn't reflect too well on my selection. I have issues trusting Benjamin and Hill...when I put them in they sucj..and when I leave them out they go HAM.

Dayum. (So on that note...Miller in the lineup come sunday?? :frown:)

If it is of any use...my best line up, excluding TE because he is never thrown to, would have only scored 104.76 points. (RB1 of Hill; RB2 of CJ Anderson; WR1 Marshall; WR2 of Kelvin Benjamin; and Flex: Miller)

Anyone see this ?

At what point did Sergio Brown realize he was ****ed?
Seattle needs wide receivers and a much better pass rush. I still think the LOB is almost as good as last year, but they're: 1. dealing with injuries (not exactly an excuse I know but it has an effect) and 2. missing Chris Clemons, Red Bryant and Walter Thurmond more than I ever dreamed we would. Golden Tate would have been nice to keep as well. Ah well...

Original post by ..DT..
Mike Evans for oroty anyone? Dude is an animal.

I still think Joel Bitonio or Zack Martin deserves it but it'll never go to O-Lineman, and Mike Evans has arguably been best in the skill positions (though you could make a case for any of the first round WRs). I also think Derek Carr deserves more credit than he gets... he has literally no weapons, no running game and a pretty poor O-Line and he hasn't been too bad so far.

Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Same. They drafted really well in the end but it'll take a lot of development before they're any good. Looking at their schedule, I'd say only St. Louis away (at a real stretch) and Buffalo at home are the only games they have any chance of winning.

Original post by jammy4041
And most importantly, considering they own all of the tiebreakers against the other NFC South teams...the current No.4 NFC seed, and current leader of the NFC South.....IS THE ATLANTA FALCONS??!!!

If the season ended today they'd be hosting Dallas in the wildcard round. How scary.

Original post by ..DT..

That'd be my pick too, unless Brady/Rodgers/Lacy/Gronk go down (I'd include Nelson in that bracket but the Packers would still have Cobb at least...)

What a crazy week it's been. The NFC South should forfeit their playoff place and give it the AFC North
^^ You're right on Carr, he's looked better than Blake Bortles and has even less weapons. I think Blake will get it together eventually but for now Carr is the best QB in the draft. I think Bridgewater is hard to judge on a level field because he's been so sporadic and actually has senior players that can make plays.
Bell got me out of jail in fantasy. He's on bye next week, I'm deaded.
Original post by ..DT..
Bell got me out of jail in fantasy. He's on bye next week, I'm deaded.

No more bye weeks after next week!!! Bell iced my matchup in another league.

I won with a very interesting RB lineup in our league. I'm still probably going to suffer a three-peat off Shunter at some point during the playoffs despite my new found RB surplus and 2nd and 3rd best WR combination. I just never nailed the QB position down. Despite the Lions success my default guy Stafford just hasn't delivered the goods.
Original post by Wattsy

I won with a very interesting RB lineup in our league. I'm still probably going to suffer a three-peat off Shunter at some point during the playoffs despite my new found RB surplus and 2nd and 3rd best WR combination. I just never nailed the QB position down. Despite the Lions success my default guy Stafford just hasn't delivered the goods.

Well...thankfully Arian Foster is back. I needed that. Hopefully Peyton and the other Brandon Marshall play well to get me points. I have no confidence in Julio "If I get a TD, it's a fantasy miracle" Jones and Jason Witten, to score points. Hill, Miller and Benjamin drive me crazy...when they are in my lineup, they get no points...Ugh....

It will be a tough matchup for sure. I just had to waive the reliable Amhad Bradshaw. Not happy that he broke his ankle.

Losing by 80 points, against Shunter, with that lineup is very hard to take.
Original post by Wattsy

Stafford's been killing me in my other league. 5 points just isn't cutting it.

Scoring 140 and 150 in back-to-back weeks is insane. I doubt my luck can continue.
Stafford's been killing me in my other league. 5 points just isn't cutting it.

Scoring 140 and 150 in back-to-back weeks is insane. I doubt my luck can continue.

Alas...if the luck happens to run out, it would be too late for me....:frown:

My playoff chances, at what...6-4, are done. Stick a fork in them. So sick of having the big players not perform. The only one in the league who has for me has been Arian Foster. Peyton has been okay...20-30 points...which is fine, I can live with that. Brandon Marshall has been good recently, and that is one positive from this fantasy disaster. Julio is lucky to get more than 50 yards, ditto a TD, and if it wasn't for the fact that his name is Julio Jones, he would have been benched, traded or dropped long ago.
Original post by jammy4041
Alas...if the luck happens to run out, it would be too late for me....:frown:

My playoff chances, at what...6-4, are done. Stick a fork in them. So sick of having the big players not perform. The only one in the league who has for me has been Arian Foster. Peyton has been okay...20-30 points...which is fine, I can live with that. Brandon Marshall has been good recently, and that is one positive from this fantasy disaster. Julio is lucky to get more than 50 yards, ditto a TD, and if it wasn't for the fact that his name is Julio Jones, he would have been benched, traded or dropped long ago.

You realise you're all but in the playoffs already, and then it's just any given (2) Sundays?

Latest