The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Am I mad? I think the Jags might notch up W #2 against the Giants this week with some starters back from injury and against the ever inconsistent Eli Manning
Original post by Wattsy
Am I mad? I think the Jags might notch up W #2 against the Giants this week with some starters back from injury and against the ever inconsistent Eli Manning

They would have had more wins had they had Posluszny not been injured for the season. He is their one-man defense...he is so good. I had him in my IDP league and he was consistently getting double digit tackles per game....
Again Florida State don't look impressive in their win. I think Oregon if they meet them will obliterate them.

Miss State is out of contention as well.
My god Alabama's punter is absolutely incredible. He just had a 70 yard punt...
Looks like there wont be an SEC representative this year, the inter conference matches just kill one another.
I would actually trade 3 future 1sts for the next draft just so that the Patriots could draft Cooper. He is absolutely sensational.

Route running is just on point...
Original post by Malevolent
Looks like there wont be an SEC representative this year, the inter conference matches just kill one another.

Give me a two loss SEC West team ahead of Ohio State, or maybe even Baylor. I don't think a hypothetical 2 loss SEC West team doesn't get in ahead of TCU, however. The SEC East however...is garbage. 0-4 against the ACC, ugh. At least three of the games could have gone either way.

Still...a moot point...for now at least.

BECAUSE BAMA WON WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE ONE OF THE CRAZIEST IRON BOWLS EVER.

Credit to Coach Saban, that's why he's the best. That Bama defense stepped up and rocked it in the second half. I honestly thought Sims was going to be pulled after the third pick... but the coaching staff kept him in the game, and he responded with the best response. Just the 3 passing touchdowns and 1 rushing td.

It also sucks for Sammie Coates. He had over 200 yards...on FIVE receptions. True, Cooper has more upside, but you cannot go wrong with either. To get Cooper, you will have to give up at least as many draft picks as the Falcons did to get Julio Jones. Cooper is worth it, however. Coates could be available towards the middle, or end of the first...(assuming Cooper and Coates declare for the draft, of course).

I can honestly see Cooper going to the Raiders, first overall. They don't have weapons on the outside for Carr, although they will then need to get the O-line sorted in round 2, and then another later in the draft)...and that would be such a ransom to pay. However, I think the a better fit for the Patriots would be Devin Funchess, the Michigan WR. he's 6ft5, 235lbs. He's a former TE, who runs a about a 4.5-4.7 40 yard dash, according to ESPN. He was fairly impressive against Ohio State, today, and has had a decent season. I say this because LaFell can take the top off defenses. Defending Gronk (double/triple teamed), Funchess (too big to be covered by corners, and too fast for the linebackers) and LaFell (the need to have safety help) would be very difficult for a defense; and of course, open huge holes in the running game as well. Cooper's a rare talent, but there is no need to sell out the future to get him.
Original post by Malevolent
Again Florida State don't look impressive in their win. I think Oregon if they meet them will obliterate them.

Miss State is out of contention as well.

IF FLORIDA JUST HAD KICKER...WHO COULD KICK SIMPLE FIELD GOALS!!! :angry: Some of that Florida playcalling was atrocious, especially at the end. What was the coaching staff thinking??! I know Muschamp was gone after the game, but at least try to win! The defense busted its collective ***** to get that offense in a position to win. Just over 3 minutes on the clock. Two time outs, iirc. Just over 70 yards to go. Plenty of time. 3 plays which go nowhere, and then a heave which falls incomplete...then with the PI, they had a fresh set of downs, from the 50, with just over two minutes. WHY THE HECK DID THEY THEN THROW DEEP THREE TIMES?! On a two high safety look no less. They were killing them with the run game. Quel Surprise...the QB threw it off point, making it much harder for the receiver to get the ball. The receiver did well to get a hand on the ball, but it was too much. The damage was done with that stupid playcalling.

That defense is phenomenal though. At least their defensive coaches know what they are doing. When that program gets an offense worthy of the name...wow...watch out. Forcing three picks in the first quarter (and five total turnovers, excluding turnovers on downs) should not result in defeat.

Now I'm resigned to FSU being unkillable. They are football zombies. Will the streak be ended by the Engineers? I wouldn't count on it...

Also, well done to the Engineers today. That was a good win in overtime against the hated Bulldogs.

And while we are on the subject of College Football. In the blowout win against Utah State, Elliot Hoyte ("The Terror from Tavistock", and a former Bristol Aztecs and GB Lions Player) got his first career safety. He brought the heat up the middle, and two other BSU players got in on the act as well, one coming off the edge, going around and tackling from behind). How about Jay Ajayi, aka Jay-Train, as well? Just the 5 rushing touchdowns....and a career high 229 rushing yards.
Alabama and Oregon are locks if they win their Championship games. FSU, well they probably are too if they win theirs but I don't like them this season. MSU are done, I think TCU will get their spot for the moment.

Original post by jammy4041
They would have had more wins had they had Posluszny not been injured for the season. He is their one-man defense...he is so good. I had him in my IDP league and he was consistently getting double digit tackles per game....

Don't forget Chris Clemons! The Jacksonville pass rush is actually pretty mean.

The defense isn't that bad although Poz is a run stopping machine and his loss really hurts the linebacker core and the whole defense leadership wise, Top 5 in sacks, so many forced fumbles. Just not good in the secondary. I do agree that they might have had more wins with Poz though. With probably the worst (and youngest) O-Line in the league, a rookie QB, 1 experienced (Is 26 even experienced) WR, 1 veteran TE who's been injured for most of the season and a 2 year coaching staff I don't think you can get that annoyed about the results. What you can get annoyed about is #1 OC Jedd Fisch's play calling and #2 so many interceptions, like 1 or 2 a game is just fine but when you start racking up Eli Manning numbers it's annoying.

Maybe the Jags aren't going to win. 21-0 down Q2 is not the way to start.

And the most recent benching blunder I've had- Tre Mason 26 points before HT!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
The defense isn't that bad although Poz is a run stopping machine and his loss really hurts the linebacker core and the whole defense leadership wise, Top 5 in sacks, so many forced fumbles. Just not good in the secondary. I do agree that they might have had more wins with Poz though. With probably the worst (and youngest) O-Line in the league, a rookie QB, 1 experienced (Is 26 even experienced) WR, 1 veteran TE who's been injured for most of the season and a 2 year coaching staff I don't think you can get that annoyed about the results. What you can get annoyed about is #1 OC Jedd Fisch's play calling and #2 so many interceptions, like 1 or 2 a game is just fine but when you start racking up Eli Manning numbers it's annoying.

Maybe the Jags aren't going to win. 21-0 down Q2 is not the way to start.

And the most recent benching blunder I've had- Tre Mason 26 points before HT!

I know the Jags have a underrated front seven. They get pressure with Branch and Clemons. When Cyprien was out it was a huge loss to an already terrible secondary. When I say, "one man defense", it's more in the JJ Watt type....even though he's still surrounded by talent, he does it all. Pass breakups, tackles like a machine. Heck...I still have shivers because of that pick-six last year, against my Broncos.
Original post by wattsy
the defense isn't that bad although poz is a run stopping machine and his loss really hurts the linebacker core and the whole defense leadership wise, top 5 in sacks, so many forced fumbles. Just not good in the secondary. I do agree that they might have had more wins with poz though. With probably the worst (and youngest) o-line in the league, a rookie qb, 1 experienced (is 26 even experienced) wr, 1 veteran te who's been injured for most of the season and a 2 year coaching staff i don't think you can get that annoyed about the results. What you can get annoyed about is #1 oc jedd fisch's play calling and #2 so many interceptions, like 1 or 2 a game is just fine but when you start racking up eli manning numbers it's annoying.

Maybe the jags aren't going to win. 21-0 down q2 is not the way to start.

And the most recent benching blunder i've had- tre mason 26 points before ht!

THE JAGS ARE WINNING....:') :nyan:
THE JAGS ARE WINNING....:') :nyan:

IKR! I am excited.

Still pissed at Tre Mason now on 34 though. I'm down by 17 with only my WRs left to play.

28 Seconds... Come on! SACK, FUMBLE, WIN. #DWTD
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
IKR! I am excited.

Still pissed at Tre Mason now on 34 though. I'm down by 17 with only my WRs left to play.

28 Seconds... Come on!

FUMBLE RECOVERY!!! I'm happy for the Jags for that win. Defense made big plays. That fumble recovery at the end, pick-sixes. Bortles also showed signs with his legs. The Jags can look forward to the draft in confidence, and load up on O-line and in the secondary, and then get depth picks.
But...the Oakland Raiders....:teehee:

I pity them at this point. 52-0. How is that possible!!? The Rams are good but...that's quite an unexpected score....
But...the Oakland Raiders....:teehee:

I pity them at this point. 52-0. How is that possible!!? The Rams are good but...that's quite an unexpected score....

Yeah, even without that win, the Jags aren't as bad as the Raiders, such a good fanbase too. 52-0 is a disaster. Tre Mason and the Defense having very big days on them and Carr by the looks of it having a bit of a mare along with everyone else to rack up a deficit that big.

I've just seen the strip, sack, fumble, touchdown from the Jags. That is one of the scruffiest plays I have ever seen.
(edited 9 years ago)
****ing hate Ed hochuli hes a flag obsessed moron.
My fantasy team this week >

Tampa every week <
Original post by ..DT..
My fantasy team this week >

Tampa every week <

Am I playing you by any chance. I need 50 points out of DT and Jordy Nelson between them! Can't say I fancy myself. Even with my optimal lineup I think you'd still be holding your own. Just checked, you'd still be winning in spite of Tre Mason and Joique Bell. Why does everyone always have their flash in the pan against my team!?
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm sorry but these refs have been utterly awful. Green Bay getting the home cooking calls right now.

Hochuli is a ****ing crook.
Original post by Wattsy
Am I playing you by any chance. I need 50 points out of DT and Jordy Nelson between them! Can't say I fancy myself. Even with my optimal lineup I think you'd still be holding your own. Just checked, you'd still be winning in spite of Tre Mason and Joique Bell. Why does everyone always have their flash in the pan against my team!?

I think he might be playing me. Worst time for Peyton to go cold. Julio had a career day...but I'm on the verge on cutting the lesser Brandon Marshall. 4 points? Pathetic. Witten might have a long time on the bench as well...Ugh.

Latest