The Student Room Group

Im i Screwed?

Recently i did my course work for further maths. The three modules i am doing are:
Statistic 2
Further pure 1
And Numerical methods..

In numerical methods i got 9/18 marks in the coursework i believe that the coursework is about 6.67% out of 100 is this right? so overall what did i get?

What will i have to be aiming for to get 95% and above i really wanted to get near 100% overall which I cannot do no more will this be disliked by a top university like Cambridge?

Any advice is it still possible to get 95%
If you're doing further maths, and have intentions of going to Cambridge, simple percentages should be fairly easy...

Well if you lost 50% of 6.67%, then you could still get a maximum of 96.67% if you got full UMS in the others.
Reply 2
Original post by Gaiaphage
If you're doing further maths, and have intentions of going to Cambridge, simple percentages should be fairly easy...

Well if you lost 50% of 6.67%, then you could still get a maximum of 96.67% if you got full UMS in the others.

So mark wise how much would i need in each module for 95%?
Original post by Acrux
So mark wise how much would i need in each module for 95%?

Well 100% in all the rest would get you 96.67% overall, so to get 95% you'd need very close to full marks - the exact figure depends on weighting etc.

You didn't specify whether your 9/18 was raw marks or UMS... the UMS boundaries may be lower which means you may actually get slightly more than half marks for it in the end; this would give you a little bit more leeway.
Reply 4
Well 100% in all the rest would get you 96.67% overall, so to get 95% you'd need very close to full marks - the exact figure depends on weighting etc.

You didn't specify whether your 9/18 was raw marks or UMS... the UMS boundaries may be lower which means you may actually get slightly more than half marks for it in the end; this would give you a little bit more leeway.

there are raw marks
Original post by Acrux
there are raw marks

Okay, so depending on the grade boundaries it could change a little bit. I would assume, however, that you need to get very close to full marks in the others if you want 95%.
Reply 6
Okay, so depending on the grade boundaries it could change a little bit. I would assume, however, that you need to get very close to full marks in the others if you want 95%.

So what is exact marks i can lose altogether?
Original post by Acrux
So what is exact marks i can lose altogether?

I don't know without the weighting or grade boundaries.
Reply 8
I don't know without the weighting or grade boundaries.

Based on last year how much ums have i lost or give me a range for the 3.33...%

Quick Reply

Latest