The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flather
Bedfordshire

I heard Bedfordshire is tipped to beat Harvard to the number 1 spot on the world rankings this year......
Original post by abccba120
Tbh all the universities listed above are highly prestigious and I highly doubt graduates from any of these universities are struggling to find employment . However just through personal preference I'd say Harvard is the most prestigious and also because of its impressive list of famous alumni :biggrin:

Thanks again. final question, do you reckon Harvard/Princeton/Yale/Stanford are more mathsy than the likes of Cambridge/LSE???
Original post by Economics96
Thanks again. final question, do you reckon Harvard/Princeton/Yale/Stanford are more mathsy than the likes of Cambridge/LSE???

For Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Stanford I have no idea how tough the maths is as I haven't researched the economics courses for those universities, however I'd assume they are on the same level as Cambridge & LSE. I know the maths involved at LSE can be challenging as my sister is attending there :biggrin:
Original post by abccba120
For Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Stanford I have no idea how tough the maths is as I haven't researched the economics courses for those universities, however I'd assume they are on the same level as Cambridge & LSE. I know the maths involved at LSE can be challenging as my sister is attending there :biggrin:

Thanks a lot :biggrin:
Original post by Mike_123
I'm sure Churchill would appreciate you not sharing their admissions procedure. It is unfair on students who, like yourself, have done the interview and advantages students yet to interview.

I appreciate that. Thank you for sharing your view. You are in fact quite right. I was just trying to share my experiences and potentially put other students at ease, applying to Cambridge can be nerve racking and the interview process is particularly so. Thats part of the reason as to why this site exists. I can assure you though, that the playing field is indeed still level - there is no perfect formula for a Cambridge interview, it is in their nature to be difficult and they require students to think outside the box. Most of what I've said is available to all students online anyway.
Original post by Economics96
Thanks for replying, just out of curiosity what makes Cambridge & LSE that bit better than Princeton and Stanford????

Cambridge and LSE have better departments for econ - though Princeton's is better than stanfords as far as i'm aware :smile:
Original post by jchap9776
Cambridge and LSE have better departments for econ - though Princeton's is better than stanfords as far as i'm aware :smile:

What are you talking about, neither of them comes close to Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, Chicago etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Daltohn
What are you talking about, neither of them comes close to Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, Chicago etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

well the original poster didn't talk of MIT or Chicago and employer rep for lse and cam is v good. sorry you don't agree with my opinion hahaa
Original post by Daltohn

Posted from TSR Mobile

Y

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1989
Apparently there has been a lot of Game Theory so far in PPE Interviews

Has anyone come across any web pages with lots of practise interview style game theory questions?

Any help is appreciated!!
is Nottingham a good university for economics? need advice and opinions please :smile: got an A*AA offer.
anyone else got an interview at King's Cambridge on Friday?
Original post by liamc1997
anyone else got an interview at King's Cambridge on Friday?

Mine's tomorrow! Stressing
Original post by hannahtetteh
Mine's tomorrow! Stressing

ahhhhhhhh! where abouts you coming from?
ahhhhhhhh! where abouts you coming from?

North London. Yourself?
North London. Yourself?

Ah cool, Kent for me
Original post by Daltohn

Undergrad is on par if not better at Oxbridge/LSE (in terms of teaching), but postgrad (research) US are way ahead.
Ah cool, Kent for me

Well good luck!
Well good luck!

I've got my economics interview on Thursday (at Kings) good luck for yours tommorow!!:smile:
Original post by Mike_123
Undergrad is on par if not better at Oxbridge/LSE (in terms of teaching), but postgrad (research) US are way ahead.

Mike is the man! on point as per usual

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending