The Student Room Group

Possible to pass theory in 10 days?

Hi so my test is on the 22nd december (i obvs could postpone it)

I have not revised at all, but got like 38/50 and 32/50 on mocks lol without revision (i know i need 43 to pass). I have been taking driving lessons for 4 months and had over 25 hours. I also am pretty clever (academically lol)

So yeah 10 days, is it possible (and safe) for me to pass realistically or shall i postpone it?

I am literally reading the highway code and planning to start watching some youtube videos.

Do we also have to know about 'crossing roads as a pedestrian' or 'moped safety' for god sakes? (will it be tested)
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

10 days is easily enough, you won't have a problem, you could rattle through in 2 days if you need to, don't, but you could.
Just keep doing mock tests, read the highway code and do online hazard perception tests and you won't have any problems:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
You'll be able to do that easy. It's mostly common sense and if you're reading the highway code and going to watch videos , just remember to take your time in the test and read the questions carefully.
Yes.
Original post by Ellen_95
You'll be able to do that easy. It's mostly common sense and if you're reading the highway code and going to watch videos , just remember to take your time in the test and read the questions carefully.

Original post by H.Ibrahim
Yes.

Original post by CreamyRoss
10 days is easily enough, you won't have a problem, you could rattle through in 2 days if you need to, don't, but you could.
Just keep doing mock tests, read the highway code and do online hazard perception tests and you won't have any problems:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm ok ill try an do it (really want to pass)....but do we have to know about mopeds, mobility scooters, horse riding and motorcycles lol? thanks guys
2 days, 3-4 hours a day is plenty.
The theory test isn't difficult
it's pretty much all common sense bar things like stopping distance which needs to be memorised (And quickly forgotten after the test :P)
easily if you have the dsa app or cd and do all the questions you should be fine
if you do enough questions you find they will repeat themselves even in the actual test
good luck with the test
Not sure how you only got 38/50 and 32/50... The questions are literally common sense. Passed first time with no revision
Original post by anonwinner
Not sure how you only got 38/50 and 32/50... The questions are literally common sense. Passed first time with no revision

used the toptest ones?

i failed questions like: when should you renew your V5C?

(i did not know what v5c was as i had never known of it before I looked it up for the first time during revision).
Original post by solarplexus
Hmm ok ill try an do it (really want to pass)....but do we have to know about mopeds, mobility scooters, horse riding and motorcycles lol? thanks guys

You don't nope lol
I bought an app (theory pro on iPhone).
It cost about 1.99 I think...
I used that solely to revise and did so in 12 days and got 50/50. Literally the same questions (word for word!) come up so often it's a joke!😊 You can also use this app for the HPT and it has like 30+ videos which is great (I'm a 17 y/o girl if that adds some background)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonwinner

Well good for you but most people will have to learn certain facts like stopping distances and stuff about legal documents etc. with some of those questions you need to just know the answer, can't really take an educated guess.

OP: it doesn't take very long at all to revise for your theory test. I downloaded one of the free apps on iphone and just worked through all of the questions on it. When I got an answer wrong I looked it up in the Highway Code and made sure I would remember it. Remember to practice hazard perception too, you can find practice clips easy enough with a quick google :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't remember your stopping distance, just learn the formula for it.
Reply 14
I think it may be possible but I don't think it should be rushed, make yourself answer at least 100 random questions each day and 10 HP videos. You can do it! Good luck.

Not really any help but I revised for about a month and got 47/50 + 53 on HP.
Reply 15

Do we also have to know about 'crossing roads as a pedestrian' or 'moped safety' for god sakes? (will it be tested)

It might be, also make sure you're reading the car section on the book. mine was for all different vehicles and pedestrians. I personally only read about 30 pages and got fed up and revised the actual questions on my ipad.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi so my test is on the 22nd december (i obvs could postpone it)

I have not revised at all, but got like 38/50 and 32/50 on mocks lol without revision (i know i need 43 to pass). I have been taking driving lessons for 4 months and had over 25 hours. I also am pretty clever (academically lol)

So yeah 10 days, is it possible (and safe) for me to pass realistically or shall i postpone it?

I am literally reading the highway code and planning to start watching some youtube videos.

3 days max revision is enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah definitely enough time to learn enough to pass with flying colours. Good luck with your theory :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My Theory test is tomorrow and I am so scared of failing :/ I have been revising on and off for about 2-3 months but thoroughly in the past few weeks. Wish me luck :biggrin:
Original post by Aliyah_rose
My Theory test is tomorrow and I am so scared of failing :/ I have been revising on and off for about 2-3 months but thoroughly in the past few weeks. Wish me luck :biggrin:

Best of luck and let us know how you get on :smile: I have mine on the 30th so I understand your nerves :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending