The Student Room Group

My theory test - in one month

OK.
I did the bold thing and decided to book my theory driving test for the 9th of next month. This is my second attempt following me failing in July - I would just like to know what/how to revise and study for the test to do well successfully so I don't screw up this time and I am also really worried about the hazard perception side of things. Advice please much appreciated
Reply 1
You can either revise it or keep doing the mock test questions. I tried remembering as many of the questions as I could. There is some information that would be useful in knowing when trying to get pass it. Tyre pressure, floods, ford, motorways etc.

The hazard perception you just have to keep practicing it. I found it the easiest part.
Original post by x.jxson.ross.x
OK.
I did the bold thing and decided to book my theory driving test for the 9th of next month. This is my second attempt following me failing in July - I would just like to know what/how to revise and study for the test to do well successfully so I don't screw up this time and I am also really worried about the hazard perception side of things. Advice please much appreciated

Hi I passed my theory on Thursday with 48/50 and 60/75. If you look over the topics you previously did not do well on (your letter with the theory test cerifitcate will have this) it will be very helpful as this is where you will have lost marks. Tiktok has some good practice questions and answer videos so check that out - I would link soe but not sure I can. also, memorise speed limits as a queestion always comes up for this and it is good general knowledge. Do an hours set of revision each day on what you didn't do well on and also spend time going over what you knew. Good luck, if you need any more advice lmk :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Hi all,
Thank you for the advice and help to my question.
I just want to say that I attended my theory test today, it was so worth it!
I studied by using three different apps: 4 in 1, DVSA Theory Test Kit, Theory Test 2023, and also bought the hard copy book of the Theory Test which comes with the hazard perception DVD-ROM. I throughly read all the topics of the Highway Code, and did at least ten mock tests a day, to develop my understanding and soon started getting 49/50 and 50/50 constantly. I also revised all the signs and rules of the road to develop understanding of context behind the road for any questions. As for the H-P, I revised all the videos I could possibly get access too at least three times over, and practiced the CGI ones more as they would be the ones used in the real test so as to get an understanding of them. I revised as much as I could every day for a month until today, where I did even more on the bus there and on my walk to the test centre. When I started I did the multiple choice, read all questions carefully, and finished with 40 minutes remaining. I checked all of them again and again for the time left to ensure I had put the right answer on each question, flagging the ones I really did not understand. I said I revised the context of all the road signs, which came in handy at this point, because they worded the questions really differently for example one asked 'What is the maximum speed you must travel at when you see this sign' (referring to the sign for a dual carriageway ending) and gave me options for the correct speed, which is 60mph (single carriageway). In the videos I clicked when I felt a hazard was developing, I looked closely for car doors opening, brake lights turning on, vehicles moving away, pedestrians, the lot. I clicked max six times for a video and remembered the three-click trick; click once for when you feel a hazard is about to start developing, twice for when it begins to develop and start moving, and shortly after a third time, for luck. It worked, quite well, because I passed, with flying colours! I got 47/50 on the multiple choice questions, and 60/75 on the hazard perception. This is quite an improvement to where I was before, and I am quite proud of this result. The only thing I would like to know now is how to book a driving test - I hear there are about six month waits for driving tests and it seems rather long :frown:
Reply 4
Well you take your number and start looking for one. You need to go to a site and look there they come up at 6.55 am.

I booked mine through a company. Which they are illegally selling, but I got the driving test quickly.
Original post by Faultybot
Well you take your number and start looking for one. You need to go to a site and look there they come up at 6.55 am.

I booked mine through a company. Which they are illegally selling, but I got the driving test quickly.

wow. i am at a similar stage myself. oh the joys!
Reply 6
Original post by Ambiguous Super
wow. i am at a similar stage myself. oh the joys!

I passed months ago. I did the theory and driving test in 2 months all together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending