The Student Room Group

Pakistan's Fight Against Democracy

http://m.rediff.com/news/report/pak-army-backed-terrorists-who-attacked-kashmir-army-camp/20141206.htm

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/06/world/asia/fatal-attacks-in-kashmir-as-militants-and-indian-forces-clash.html?referrer=&_r=0 - traditional indophobic paper, for balance.

So they dislike democracy in their own nation, when will the terrorist state cease trying to disrupt democracy in India?

Will Pakistan ever stop supporting terrorists?

Edit: as well as in Afghanistan, who suffer hugely from Pakistan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
What is your obsession with Pakistan
Reply 2
Original post by teenhorrorstory
What is your obsession with Pakistan

They're the neighbouring country to the country I'm from and there is deep tensions.

Don't you know about India and Pakistan? I thought by 2014 this was international.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pakistan is a terrorist state
Original post by Ggmu!
They're the neighbouring country to the country I'm from and there is deep tensions.

Don't you know about India and Pakistan? I thought by 2014 this was international.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do know. There are many Indians and Pakistanis in my school who seem to get along well.

Get over it
Reply 5
Original post by teenhorrorstory
I do know. There are many Indians and Pakistanis in my school who seem to get along well.

Get over it

Do you think Pakistan and India's issues are fixed by their diaspora being friends in foreign countries?

What are you saying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indians tend to have a profound hatred for Pakistan. It's difficult to say how much of that is from historical events post partition or ingrained distrust of Muslims.
Reply 7
Original post by MatureStudent36
Indians tend to have a profound hatred for Pakistan. It's difficult to say how much of that is from historical events post partition or ingrained distrust of Muslims.

Do you think 'why' is important? I mean, killing citizens and army to disrupt elections in a neighbouring country will beget a lot of hate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Do you think 'why' is important? I mean, killing citizens and army to disrupt elections in a neighbouring country will beget a lot of hate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pakistan is bat **** crazy. I'd agree with that. But you need to understand that there's idiots in Pakistan who get support when India criticises Pakistan.
Reply 9
Pakistan is bat **** crazy. I'd agree with that. But you need to understand that there's idiots in Pakistan who get support when India criticises Pakistan.

So what do India do? Sit it out and just let Pakistan destroy the future of Kashmir?

You're asking a sovereign nation to just lie there and take it. India sat down and took 26/11, how much more should it take?

The international community never supports India against Pakistan. America started a war over 9/11 and Pakistan refuses to arrest the man who organised 26/11.

Can't you see what I'm saying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
So what do India do? Sit it out and just let Pakistan destroy the future of Kashmir?

You're asking a sovereign nation to just lie there and take it. India sat down and took 26/11, how much more should it take?

The international community never supports India against Pakistan. America started a war over 9/11 and Pakistan refuses to arrest the man who organised 26/11.

Can't you see what I'm saying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kashmir's a hilly, mountainous place.

Maybe India and Pakistan should just start doing sporadic artillery barrages against each other.

Are you telling me India hasn't done my thing to provoke Pakistan though?

I'll stop jesting though.

It's a bloody tricky one. India's been seen as a threat to Pakistan for some time. On every front, India is bigger and better. India's overtures to the afghan government haven't helped that feeling of inferiority, and sadly its not going to go away in the near future.

As I said to some Indian friends not too long ago. Why can't you just absorb Pakistan back into India? After all, Pakistan hasn't developed as much as India.
Reply 11
Kashmir's a hilly, mountainous place.

Maybe India and Pakistan should just start doing sporadic artillery barrages against each other.

Are you telling me India hasn't done my thing to provoke Pakistan though?

I'll stop jesting though.

It's a bloody tricky one. India's been seen as a threat to Pakistan for some time. On every front, India is bigger and better. India's overtures to the afghan government haven't helped that feeling of inferiority, and sadly its not going to go away in the near future.

As I said to some Indian friends not too long ago. Why can't you just absorb Pakistan back into India? After all, Pakistan hasn't developed as much as India.

Ha :tongue:

What has India done? Not denying it, but what? India, on a whole is quite soft with Pakistan. India was close to starting a war as a result of 26/11. Not to say it wouldn't have been a disaster, but you have a special notice and acknowledge India's restraint and control in dealing with Pakistan.

The thing is, what does India want from Pakistan? Apart from drawing the current LOC as the bilateral, permanent border, it wants nothing. Without being rude, there is nothing in Pakistan for us. Balochistan (Western province of Pakistan fighting for secession) is the only place as it's oil rich, but the secession movement makes that impossible for Indians.

That's unfair, Indians and Afghans have Co operated and fought for over a thousand years. Who is this made up nation (as a concept and in reality) to tell India not to maintain good relations with a neighbour? Afghanistan has the same attitude to Pakistan as India. Their inferiority comes from basing their national policy/narrative on two things:

1. Islam
2. Defend from the monster India

Number two explains why the Pakistani army engineer this BS Indian threat to justify their fat portion of the national budget. The army elite in Pakistan live very well.

Quite frankly I wouldn't want their population. We've done too well to let them ruin it. But Pakistan is a sovereign state (jelly state) in its right and cannot be absorbed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I'm Indian, and I believe we should try to better our relations with Pakistan, because the situation has spiralled out of their control. We should aid them financially and must issue statements condemning the Tehrek-I-Insaf, the main opposition, which is camping out in Islamabad, and is more Islamic, than the Nawaz Sharif led govt. But of course, the army must remain ready to move in and neutralize their nukes in case the unfortunate state collapses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending