The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SMM96
Yeah same :frown: 10th march

Look on the bright side, at least we got an interview haha!! Im pretty sure we would be feeling a lot worse if we got a rejection, at least we have a chance to get an offer...

Gd luck with ur interview btw!!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 421
yes definitely. I'm surprised i got one. But are we at a disadvantage if we have it later? And yes good luck to you too
Original post by SMM96
yes definitely. I'm surprised i got one. But are we at a disadvantage if we have it later? And yes good luck to you too

Same! Shocked!

i sent them an email to ask and this is what they said:

Selection is an ongoing process and while some offers will have been made before your interview, this does not mean that you have a lower chance of success

Reply 423
Original post by Master219
Same! Shocked!

i sent them an email to ask and this is what they said:

Selection is an ongoing process and while some offers will have been made before your interview, this does not mean that you have a lower chance of success

Aww that's great. Makes me feel so much better. Out of interest where else did you apply and have you got any other offers?
Did anyone have their Imperial interview today (16th)? How was it? (I didn't have an interview today, I was just wondering since one of the dates was today).

:smile:
Original post by champion1
Did anyone have their Imperial interview today (16th)? How was it? (I didn't have an interview today, I was just wondering since one of the dates was today).

surprisingly short and disorganised?? They canceled the tour today.... and the interviews were overrun... therefore, the other interviews (mine) were very short; less than 15 minutes????? how are they supposed to know me in less than 15 minutes?
A rejection is ready.
Reply 426
Original post by DCMed96
surprisingly short and disorganised?? They canceled the tour today.... and the interviews were overrun... therefore, the other interviews (mine) were very short; less than 15 minutes????? how are they supposed to know me in less than 15 minutes?
A rejection is ready.

I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. Just stay positive. I'm sure they'll take the time constraints into consideration. And remember they loved you already otherwise they wouldn't have invited you to an interview. At least it's done. Mine's all the way in march. How did you find it though? What did they do?
Original post by SMM96
Aww that's great. Makes me feel so much better. Out of interest where else did you apply and have you got any other offers?

Cambridge, Kings and queen Mary's...
Got an interview from cambridge, went horribly so I was hoping for an interview at imperial. No offers :frown:
wbu?
Original post by DCMed96
A rejection is ready.

What did you get asked?
Don't worry, I'm sure it went fine and you are just worried.

Good luck for getting offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 429
Cambridge, Kings and queen Mary's...
Got an interview from cambridge, went horribly so I was hoping for an interview at imperial. No offers :frown:
wbu?

Wow that's amazing. I wouldn't imagine any cambridge interview going well. I think they are designed to suck. So don't feel bad. I'm sure you'll get an offer. And yeah I applied to Kings and queen mary too but no response. I'm hoping my ukcat wasn't too low. I got 695. I've also got an interview at UCL
Original post by poppy4
Congratulation on your interview offer. Did any one got offers with section 3 cutoff 2A/2B?

I got one. 5.7,4.9,2.5B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMM96
Wow that's amazing. I wouldn't imagine any cambridge interview going well. I think they are designed to suck. So don't feel bad. I'm sure you'll get an offer. And yeah I applied to Kings and queen mary too but no response. I'm hoping my ukcat wasn't too low. I got 695. I've also got an interview at UCL

Haha thanks! The questions were hard, but it was my response to those hard qs which makes me nearly sure, like i stayed quiet if they asked me a rlly wierd thing and i made a load of stupid mistakes. (u become stupid in the interview...)
My UKCAT was low!!!!! i got 760 720 670 450 (lol stupid VR brought my whoole avg down to 650 :frown: ) I pretty much have no chance at Kings or Barts so hoping for imperial!
Wow, gd luck with the UCL interview!! when is it?
Reply 432
Haha thanks! The questions were hard, but it was my response to those hard qs which makes me nearly sure, like i stayed quiet if they asked me a rlly wierd thing and i made a load of stupid mistakes. (u become stupid in the interview...)
My UKCAT was low!!!!! i got 760 720 670 450 (lol stupid VR brought my whoole avg down to 650 :frown: ) I pretty much have no chance at Kings or Barts so hoping for imperial!
Wow, gd luck with the UCL interview!! when is it?

Aww don't worry it's done now. You can't change what happened. Just be proud you got one because no matter how bad it went you still have a chance. And don't worry too much about your ukcat, the average was much lower than last year anyway. I just think they're being really slow
My ucl interview is jan 14th
Reply 433
Original post by ishysmile
Have all Imperial Interview been given out? :frown: My BMAT + Academics + PS/Reference seem to be good, but haven't heard anything :/ Had my Bristol Interview yesterday, and Have UCL + Birmingham interviews in the next couple of months, but nothing from Imperial

You really shouldn't be worried then. Everyone will get back to you at different times. Most unis will reply in january if they haven't now. And wow you're doing great so far. Hope the rest of your interviews go well. How was your interview at bristol?
Reply 434
lol haven't posted here for a while, I applied to Oxford Imperial Kings and Queen Mary.

So far rejection from Oxford and Interview at Imperial and Kings.

BMAT 4.9 5.1 5A

UKCAT 3040
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 435
Original post by Elshad
lol haven't posted here for a while, I applied to Oxford Imperial Kings and Queen Mary.

So far rejection from Oxford and Interview at Imperial and Kings.

BMAT 4.9 5.1 5A

UKCAT 3040

Why did you get rejection from Oxford. I know that they have invited ppl with low BMAT score as well. Don't you enough GCSE A* grades?
Reply 436
Have imperial started giving out rejections?
Reply 437
Original post by ishysmile
Bristol went alright I think! It was just extremely tiring because there were 10 MMI Stations - each lasting 6 minutes

Oh wow. That sounds harsh. Do you mind me asking how you prepared and what kind of questions they asked?
Reply 438
Original post by poppy4
Why did you get rejection from Oxford. I know that they have invited ppl with low BMAT score as well. Don't you enough GCSE A* grades?

I had 9.5A* 2A. I'm a bit pissed tbh but oh well
Original post by SMM96
Aww don't worry it's done now. You can't change what happened. Just be proud you got one because no matter how bad it went you still have a chance. And don't worry too much about your ukcat, the average was much lower than last year anyway. I just think they're being really slow
My ucl interview is jan 14th

Yh exactly, haha. But ukcat is too low for kings, for sure.... I hope my other academics pull it up... Yh true they r
i wish u all the best with the interview!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending