The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

2nd batch of ucl offers came out today/yesterday :biggrin::biggrin:
Rejected from UCL. Feels bad man.
Original post by SteelCookie

Awwwwwwwwww!Don't worry yo!
Just got an offer from bristol :biggrin: But now I have to decide bristol or bath -.- , atm I'm leaning towards bath , opinions?
Reply 2104

Did they say why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skill Twix
Awwwwwwwwww!Don't worry yo!

Just feels ****ty I got rejected from my first choice, I'll get over it lel.

Original post by sr-96
Did they say why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, got the rejection through Track. Hopefully I get the reasons soon enough
Reply 2106
Just feels ****ty I got rejected from my first choice, I'll get over it lel.

No, got the rejection through Track. Hopefully I get the reasons soon enough

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your other applications!:smile:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Honestly if I was you I'd be tempted to go for Birmingham, I'm not sure there's much difference in quality of course at Bham or Leeds and if you're worried about the nightlife I know a few people who go to Bham and they appear to have a very good time :cool:

Yeah i'm definitely leaning towards Birmingham now. Second biggest city in the UK so i'm sure there will be plenty of things to do and good night life
Offer from Manchester!Sent my UCAS yesterday!first offer :smile:
has anyone got/still waiting on economics offer from exeter?
Original post by Wojtek97
has anyone got/still waiting on economics offer from exeter?

Got mine last week.
A*A*A they're asking for!
Was surprised at how high it was, especially considering that I was expecting it to be my lowest offer 😄
Bristol or Nottingham for economics? Got offers from both but not sure what one to go for.
Original post by rohan202
Bristol or Nottingham for economics? Got offers from both but not sure what one to go for.

Both are really good!
Your stats?
Original post by louisjones
Got mine last week.
A*A*A they're asking for!
Was surprised at how high it was, especially considering that I was expecting it to be my lowest offer ������

Congratulations, yeah I have heard of the A*A*A offer its incredibly high I think they are hinting for you to firm them :smile: anyhow how long did you wait for your offer?
Original post by rohan202

Bristol > Nottingham
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Ah ok because I was going to say if you're 100% sure about getting AAA just insure Birmingham but you're not

Personally I think Nottingham>Bristol>Birmingham

However, there's no rush for you to pick your firm and insurance immediately, you do have until the end of March so maybe wait until after any mock results and see where you're at? :smile:

I thought it was widely accepted that Bristol is better than Nottingham for economics
Since on the topic of Bristol, which uni is better for econ Bath of Bristol? Opinions would be helpful :biggrin:
Original post by Wojtek97
Congratulations, yeah I have heard of the A*A*A offer its incredibly high I think they are hinting for you to firm them :smile: anyhow how long did you wait for your offer?

A little less than 2 months.
I would rather go to bath than Exeter due to the location and placement year so their higher offer dissuaded me further
Original post by louisjones
A little less than 2 months.
I would rather go to bath than Exeter due to the location and placement year so their higher offer dissuaded me further

Oh okey I see well you choose the best destinations for yourself, I've also applied for econ its been 5 weeks now and still no reply just a postcard few weeks ago :/ Im hoping im just being impatient
Original post by abccba120
Since on the topic of Bristol, which uni is better for econ Bath of Bristol? Opinions would be helpful :biggrin:

I hope I do get the Bristol offer :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending