The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fideo
It would be pretty worrying if you didn't look better against Bournemouth reserves than against Man Utd

They're more or less the same level anyway :wink:

Didn't see the match because I was at work but from the sounds of it, it wasn't bad (obviously gotta consider the opponents though).

Chelsea in the semis is meh.
Who knows; maybe we'll pick up performance wise by that time and as someone mentioned, we did beat city a few years ago in a very similar situation.

It's a cup; anything can happen
A trophy would be nice tbh but it would be typical to take out chelsea then lose to Sheff United in the final. -_-
A trophy WOULD be nice, but it's been almost ten years since we lifted the FA Cup so I'd rather it be that.
Original post by Mackay
A trophy WOULD be nice, but it's been almost ten years since we lifted the FA Cup so I'd rather it be that.

I'll take any silverware at the moment.
Original post by Mackay

Original post by Zerforax
I'll take any silverware at the moment.

Just believe boys, we can win the League cup, FA cup and Europa League. :daydreaming:
Original post by Lúcio
They're more or less the same level anyway :wink:

Very smooth Luke. I'm still sitting here with my three points and three goals. :tongue:
Original post by Eboracum
Very smooth Luke. I'm still sitting here with my three points and three goals. :tongue:

why must you always crush my soul?
you and hayles would be perfect together:frown:
Original post by Lúcio
why must you always crush my soul?
you and hayles would be perfect together:frown:

It is merely payback for last season, when you crushed our soul.

Hayles? Lovely, wonderful and a kick ass girl. But as I previously argued, it's more fun going out with somebody who supports a different team, you know, for reasons i previously mentioned...:eek: :tongue:

I see a better dynamic between you and Hayles. Basically reckon she's the type of girl that normally goes for bad boys, but then you came along and tamed her, you old romantic Luke.
Original post by Eboracum
It is merely payback for last season, when you crushed our soul.

Hayles? Lovely, wonderful and a kick ass girl. But as I previously argued, it's more fun going out with somebody who supports a different team, you know, for reasons i previously mentioned...:eek: :tongue:

I see a better dynamic between you and Hayles. Basically reckon she's the type of girl that normally goes for bad boys, but then you came along and tamed her, you old romantic Luke.

at least i was as gracious as i always am :biggrin:

lmao, nah i think you two would make a power couple - steamrolling TSR and becoming king and queen.
ohhhh yeahh, thats me; such a tamer :wink:
Original post by Fideo
dbi

Yup. Anyway back to football. Do you guys want Balotelli up top or Sterling on Sunday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Yup. Anyway back to football. Do you guys want Balotelli up top or Sterling on Sunday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't mind both but would prefer Sterling.

We have looked much more fluid and threatening upfront with a mobile forward, it's not suprising really as that is what our system relies on, movement upfront which Sturridge and Suarez provided in abundance and what Balotelli and Lambert fail to do. Balotelli can still be effective but only if played with a mobile forward, original plan was to play him with Sturridge but that plan ended up on the operating table for half a season...

Balotelli isn't guranteed to be fit for Sunday, if he is, he will most likely be on the bench.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Wouldn't mind both but would prefer Sterling.

We have looked much more fluid and threatening upfront with a mobile forward, it's not suprising really as that is what our system relies on, movement upfront which Sturridge and Suarez provided in abundance and what Balotelli and Lambert fail to do. Balotelli can still be effective but only if played with a mobile forward, original plan was to play him with Sturridge but that plan ended up on the operating table for half a season...

Yeah agree. Guess it could work with Lambert-Sterling up top with Rickie pulling defenders away and Sterling roaming into pockets of space? Though guess it works better with 2 pacey forwards.
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Yeah agree. Guess it could work with Lambert-Sterling up top with Rickie pulling defenders away and Sterling roaming into pockets of space? Though guess it works better with 2 pacey forwards.

It worked for England against Switzerland, when Lambert came on, he made space and laid the ball for Welbeck who went on to score. It works even better with 2 pacey forwards but sometimes you need strength up front and a different plan if things arn't going well with two pacey forwards which was why Rodgers brought Lambert. Liverpool were fortunate to have Suarez and Sturridge who were on WC form so it worked pretty much the whole time apart from Chelsea's bus.
Balotelli is suspended for one game so that rules him out for Arsenal.
Pretty much he could have missed due to injury anyway.
Original post by samir12
Balotelli is suspended for one game so that rules him out for Arsenal.

cool then it's looking peak for you. Lambert and Sterling I guess.
It's sad to see the hopes and dreams of winning a match is underpinned on a 20 year old
Original post by jam277
cool then it's looking peak for you. Lambert and Sterling I guess.

Hopefully Lambert will now be fresh for the game, he looked knackered in the last few games he played and was anonymous.
Swear it was Luke on here adamant that Lambert was better than Giroud in July?

We shall see. Oli looked pretty good and fresh as a daisy vs Newcastle last week, trust he fancies his chances vs the famous Liverpool back 4 :tongue:
Original post by Zürich
Swear it was Luke on here adamant that Lambert was better than Giroud in July?

We shall see. Oli looked pretty good and fresh as a daisy vs Newcastle last week, trust he fancies his chances vs the famous Liverpool back 4 :tongue:

Will most likely be a back 3 which we played for the past couple of games. We seem to look better going forwards with it. You'll have a field day down the wings though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
It's sad to see the hopes and dreams of winning a match is underpinned on a 20 year old

A knackered one no less.

Quick Reply

Latest