The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jgco2chem
Predict the score for today...
I reckon 2-0 to the ARSENAL

5-1 to Arsenal. Sanchez hattrick.
Original post by Zerforax

I tell you one thing, Liverpool thrive when they are the underdogs so don't be surprised if they win.
Predicting 3-1 or more to Arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax

4-0 under 20 minutes you reckon?
Liverpool will win. I go 2-1, Stevie and Sterling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Liverpool will win. I go 2-1, Stevie and Sterling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Skrtel own goal
Jones, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Henderson, Markovic, Coutinho, Gerrard, Lallana, Sterling

Subs: Mignolet, Enrique, Lambert, Moreno, Manquillo, Can, Borini
Original post by AR_95
4-0 under 20 minutes you reckon?

Next year's BT advert obviously.
Original post by mr tim
Jones, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Henderson, Markovic, Coutinho, Gerrard, Lallana, Sterling

Subs: Mignolet, Enrique, Lambert, Moreno, Manquillo, Can, Borini

I have to say I don't understand why Mignolet has been dropped just because we played Man Utd and Arsenal. He'd been terrible for ages before but now you think you'd go for quality over inexperience?

Not sure about a back three either considering Arsenal have their wingers cut in from the outside and fullbacks push up. We're either going to get destroyed or they won't be able to handle us.
Soz forgot :/
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Soz forgot :/

Sure you're not just bitter :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm annoyed about the first goal we conceded and that we weren't able to win but there's lots of positives to take from today and the past two games. Our form and confidence has been improving of late and I'm sure the results will follow soon.

Friday we have Burnley away and I think Gerrard should be rested. He hasn't been playing particularly well and a rest will do him good and I'd like to see Can get a start alongside Lucas.
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Sure you're not just bitter :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fk pls. I'm slightly numb at the moment.
Important thing is we kept Arsenal within 5 points, may just give us a thread to hang on in the PL. Do you reckon if we started Mignolet, he could of saved us conceding a goal?

For me Skirtle was to mostly to blame for the 2 goals conceded, 1st he got beaten too easily. 2nd he just watched the ball as it went to Giroud and didn't bother challenging for it. He made some amends by scoring a great header though, I wish he does that more often, he was a beast last season in corners.
(edited 9 years ago)
At least it was good to see liverpool play this game. The team was exciting to watch today.
Such a disappointing result since the performance was actually really good. In part Arsenal were poor but a large part of it was also we made them look poor.

The tactics seemed spot on today although I did think Henderson was a tad wasted at RWB and Sterling was a tad wasted up front? Might have actually been better to switch them around. Henderson is just one of those players who has everything (think Gerrard in his mid-20s) so he has more physical presence than Sterling up front but still has enough pace, energy and movement to keep the CBs occupied.

We've got a couple more games before we hit the half way point - we play Burnley and Swansea so hopefully we can get 6 points and see where we stand.

I can't believe we're 10 points behind Man Utd. I think they will comfortably get 3rd now even though they've actually been pretty bad. Some teams just have the rub of the green I guess?

Not really sure what else to say about the game. Thought Gerrard was poor, his set pieces to his optimistic shooting. His passing was good but any other player could've done a similar job imo.

Coutinho, Lallana and Markovic (and Sterling in parts) were fantastic with getting the ball into them and then turning and running with purpose. It's one of the things Rodgers deserves a lot of credit for. We've actually had very few players like that in the past 10 years. Sure we've had some who have pace (Torres, Pennant etc) and others who had drive (Gerrard, Kuyt etc) but very few who have the pace, control and technical ability to body shift and get places with the ball.

It's a shame Sakho has been injured so far this season. Thought the CBs all generally did well. A few loose moments but generally a very positive game. Even B.Jones was getting into the playing it out from the back.

The attacking performance was a big plus as we've even been lacking that in recent weeks.

You have to really wonder if we would've been any worse off in keeping Agger and not buying Lovren. I don't think we would've been. I think most wanted Rodgers to buy a new CB in the summer but buying Lovren made no sense since he usually seems to play LCB but we already spent a lot of money on Sakho. Was the idea to ever play Sakho and Lovren together? Who would've played RCB?

If we can hold onto Lallana, Sterling, Markovic and Coutinho for another 2-3 years, we could see something really good from them. All have weaknesses they need to work on (Sterling - decision making, Coutinho - shooting, Markovic - using the ball better instead of lazy passes/flicks, Lallana - strength) but they could all become very good imo.

I still think we've looked a lot better since Lucas has come back into the side. The team still is unbalanced since we're trying to shoehorn Gerrard and Lucas in but Lucas gives better balance and protection imo. Is he quite back to his pre-injury form? Maybe not yet but he's getting there. He turns 28 in January but no reason why he can't have another 4 good years imo.

I think that will have been the last straw for Rodgers with Borini. Just a couple of stupid and rash moments. He's not a bad player but he's not been good enough for us here. Sunderland are still struggling to score goals so I can see them coming back in with another bid. Gus Poyet seems to really like Borini. Hopefully we can still sell him for 10-12mil to another premier league side in January.
Original post by samir12
Important thing is we kept Arsenal within 5 points, may just give us a thread to hang on in the PL. Do you reckon if we started Mignolet, he could of saved us conceding a goal?

For me Skirtle was to mostly to blame for the 2 goals conceded, 1st he got beaten too easily. 2nd he just watched the ball as it went to Giroud and didn't bother challenging for it.

I don't think we'll get 4th place tbh, probably 5th/6th place. I think we should go all out for the EL and try to get a champions league place that way.

I think Mignolet might have been able to save the first one but the goals weren't the fault of the GK. I still can't believe how soft the 1st goal was, all Skrtel had to was ****ing jump up and head the ball away. The 2nd goal was too easy since none of the 3 CB's tried to put in a tackle. Our defence is incredibly **** and has been for a few seasons now and I don't see it improving any time soon either.
Original post by The.Joker
I don't think we'll get 4th place tbh, probably 5th/6th place. I think we should go all out for the EL and try to get a champions league place that way.

I think Mignolet might have been able to save the first one but the goals weren't the fault of the GK. I still can't believe how soft the 1st goal was, all Skrtel had to was ****ing jump up and head the ball away. The 2nd goal was too easy since none of the 3 CB's tried to put in a tackle. Our defence is incredibly **** and has been for a few seasons now and I don't see it improving any time soon either.

I don't think Sakho was to blame for the 2nd one as Giroud wasn't near his side at all (If I'm correct), Skirtle and Toure should have done better. But that's what happens when you play 3atb as you are vulnerable on the widths.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7458
You're on track for your worst finish since 1961
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Fk pls. I'm slightly numb at the moment.

Draw is a decent result at Anfield. Would snap your hand off for a point there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest