The Student Room Group

Marxist perspective of the family: Inheritance of property? (dont understand)

With the Marxist perspective I get what they mean about Ideological functions and unit of consumption but no matter what text book I look in it doesnt explain inheritance of property well. Can someone please explain it- i'll give a rep to the best answer :smile:
If they could, they'd have a 100% IHT. Marxists want everyone on equal-footing (i.e. everyone at poverty level) and see people as individual units of labour.
Reply 2
Original post by HigherMinion
If they could, they'd have a 100% IHT. Marxists want everyone on equal-footing (i.e. everyone at poverty level) and see people as individual units of labour.

No you miss read the question, I'm not asking for Marxist beliefs, I know that. I want to know what they mean by the inheritance of property as a benefit to capitalist class

Tanx for the reply anyway
Original post by Tj789
No you miss read the question, I'm not asking for Marxist beliefs, I know that. I want to know what they mean by the inheritance of property as a benefit to capitalist class

Tanx for the reply anyway

It should be obvious from that phrase. People are encouraged to hoard resources for the benefit of their kin, and disregard everyone else. Unless I misunderstand the question again.
Reply 4
Original post by HigherMinion
It should be obvious from that phrase. People are encouraged to hoard resources for the benefit of their kin, and disregard everyone else. Unless I misunderstand the question again.

I would like a lil bit more explanation but get where you're coming from. Dont matter tanx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending