The Student Room Group

English Literature AQA

Help with AO3 with Frankenstein, Lord of the Flies and The Wasp Factory?
I need help applying AO3 (other readings) in the exam question..
Original post by nayabfarooq
Help with AO3 with Frankenstein, Lord of the Flies and The Wasp Factory?
I need help applying AO3 (other readings) in the exam question..

other readings are critics. You need to get alternative opinions basically. Frankenstein's Wordsworth or Penguin editions will be good cause they have introductions. Lord of the Flies has a new student edition which I can't remember but it has red cover! :P
Reply 2
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
other readings are critics. You need to get alternative opinions basically. Frankenstein's Wordsworth or Penguin editions will be good cause they have introductions. Lord of the Flies has a new student edition which I can't remember but it has red cover! :P

thank you! But would you know how to apply the critical analysis to any essays? :/
Original post by nayabfarooq
thank you! But would you know how to apply the critical analysis to any essays? :/

It's fairly simple. It's just like any other quote. It'd be better to know the critic's name. Don't bother learning what edition that critic published it in. But once you finish your point, you elaborate by saying "The Marxist theory critic "insert name here", would also agree as s/he believed "insert quote here". Thus, reinforcing that "insert main point here". Then Bob's your uncle! You're done!
Reply 4
Thank you so much! Ill do some practise essays to make sure I've understood and applied this properly😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending