The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wattsy
Week 17 is the king of trick plays! Cecil Shorts to Jordan Todman for the go-ahead TD!

Was such a well designed play! Really want the Texans to make the playoffs though :frown:
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Was such a well designed play! Really want the Texans to make the playoffs though :frown:

I haven't seen it, I've had the darts on. I kind of want the Texans to make the playoffs too in all fairness, helps the JJ Watt MVP talk and a Jags win only loses them draft picks, Shad is on board for at least next season so at least Bradley is safe. That safety helps too.

Beckham goes into the endzone backwards. I like him, I don't care what Coughlin says.

That was one of the worst pieces of 3rd and 4th down playcalling I've ever seen from the Chargers. Could you be arsed being a Charger fan, they rock at screwing up Week 17.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jimbles
I've only started coaching this year! Haha. Our biggest win this year? I've forgotten scores for some games already but Coventry or DMU (I think it was that Leicester team we have played this year) is shouting out at me right when you said that lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol, I'm not sure which of those is your biggest win. I'm glad you're doing well enough to have more than one blowout though. In fact I just looked at the results and it looks like you're doing great! Relatively close loss to Nottingham and 3 big wins.
Original post by Wattsy
I haven't seen it, I've had the darts on. I kind of want the Texans to make the playoffs too in all fairness, helps the JJ Watt MVP talk and a Jags win only loses them draft picks, Shad is on board for at least next season so at least Bradley is safe. That safety helps too.

Beckham goes into the endzone backwards. I like him, I don't care what Coughlin says.

That was one of the worst pieces of 3rd and 4th down playcalling I've ever seen from the Chargers. Could you be arsed being a Charger fan, they rock at screwing up Week 17.

If there was a Luck in this draft, a top, top pass-rusher...I can justify my team losing. But, there isn't. I'd rather get the W, which was possible for the Jags, to ensure that a divisional rival doesn't get into the playoff. The game was there.

Odell Beckham Junior will be high on my draft board next season. He's saved my fantasy season, and barring something absolutely extraordinary, I should have another third place finish.
Reply 9784
****ing Frank Reich man. You're in 4 down situation within 5 yard and you don't run it once, stupid play calling and cost us the playoff. Not that mad though cos we'd have just got our butt kicked off the park in the playoffs. We need to step up though, the skulls will be competitive next year and AFCW will rival NFCW in terms of strength.
Good to see the Falcons are ending their season as they began it. Massive national attention and a great chance to be entertaining, but making it boring and bad instead.

Terrible challenge by the Lions.
Good day all round methinks for this 'Hawks fan
Original post by jammy4041
Odell Beckham Junior will be high on my draft board next season. He's saved my fantasy season, and barring something absolutely extraordinary, I should have another third place finish.

Haha and everyone else's draft board. He broke a league record for playing 12 games, not a rookie record.
I'd easily take him with my third round pick. But, I fear he might have been gone next year. I just have to keep thinking, if Cruz comes back healthy next year...NYG will have one of the best recieving corps. OBJ and Victor Cruz will be very interesting, and then the Giants still have Larry Donell. Eli is a gunslinger, but he's been pretty good in Ben McAdoo's system, once they he had a hold of it. Thanks to OBJ, I'm on course for the only 200-burger.

At this time, I only have to feel deep sympathy for my Falcon-supporting friend. In my main league (IDP) he was facing off, in the second leg of the championship game. He must have been feeling very confident, because he started Matt Ryan over Aaron Rodgers, Devonta Freeman over Alfred Morris, Joique Bell and Andre Williams. And he also had Roddy White. He was ahead by just over a point coming into the week. Ouch.
Original post by SmashConcept
Haha and everyone else's draft board. He broke a league record for playing 12 games, not a rookie record.

I also remember the commentators pointing out that he had the most receptions, yards and TDs since November, iirc. Crazy.
Original post by jammy4041
I'd easily take him with my third round pick. But, I fear he might have been gone next year. I just have to keep thinking, if Cruz comes back healthy next year...NYG will have one of the best recieving corps. OBJ and Victor Cruz will be very interesting, and then the Giants still have Larry Donell. Eli is a gunslinger, but he's been pretty good in Ben McAdoo's system, once they he had a hold of it. Thanks to OBJ, I'm on course for the only 200-burger.

At this time, I only have to feel deep sympathy for my Falcon-supporting friend. In my main league (IDP) he was facing off, in the second leg of the championship game. He must have been feeling very confident, because he started Matt Ryan over Aaron Rodgers, Devonta Freeman over Alfred Morris, Joique Bell and Andre Williams. And he also had Roddy White. He was ahead by just over a point coming into the week. Ouch.

Haha that sucks, those are all defensible moves though since the Falcons were one of the few teams that were supposed to be in a serious game. I wouldn't have sat Rodgers even with his injury but aside from that I can see it. Shame they suck ass.

I also remember the commentators pointing out that he had the most receptions, yards and TDs since November, iirc. Crazy.

Haha that sucks, those are all defensible moves though since the Falcons were one of the few teams that were supposed to be in a serious game. I wouldn't have sat Rodgers even with his injury but aside from that I can see it. Shame they suck ass.

Using the same logic...I was so close to starting Rivers over Tony Romo...dodged a bullet there.
I didn't see the Panthers blowing out the Falcons like that...no fight or anything from the Falcons...in the Georgia Dome no less....it was as if they'd rather have a higher draft pick than a playoff berth.
Good day all round methinks for this 'Hawks fan

Agreed. They have been, hands down, the best team in the NFC over the last few weeks...well maybe just ahead of the Cowboys.

I'm shocked by the 49ers' decision to fire Jim Harbaugh. That's crazy. 49 wins, 3 NFCCG appearances, 1 superbowl appearance in 4 seasons.....whatever Jed York is smoking it must be pretty good. Worse, for the 49ers at least, Greg Roman is still in a job..

I hope the Jets see sense and fire their GM, and have Rex Ryan as their head coach for a few more seasons while the new GM stocks up on talent. Sigh...it looks like he'll have to go to Atlanta or something. He'll be snapped up sooner rather than later....even as a head coach.

Quick Jets-y side note. GENO SMITH WAS THE ONLY QB TO HAVE A PERFECT PASSER RATING THIS SEASON.
49ers will be average for a long time, insane. You have to make it work with harbaugh. He's that good.

Behind belichick and Carroll as best coaches in the league. Not surprised though the money Michigan is throwing at him is pretty sweet.

Pats may as well have forfeited, if they were allowed bill probably would have haha. At least we have a healthy Gronkowski for the first time in 4 seasons going into the playoffs.
If the Bucs use the first pick on a QB the whole freaking management should be fired
If the Bucs use the first pick on a QB the whole freaking management should be fired

I don't particularly follow college ball, but I feel like we will trade back a little and stack up some picks. Hopefully fill a few holes in the O-Line, because it has been tragic this year.
Original post by ..DT..
I don't particularly follow college ball, but I feel like we will trade back a little and stack up some picks. Hopefully fill a few holes in the O-Line, because it has been tragic this year.

I don't think any team will want to trade up for #1 though.

Where will the first QB go? Are Washington happy with RGIII, or will they bite at 5? Or will the Jets get pick of the litter at 6?

Indeed. I think that they've got a keeper in Glennon, and with another year in the system McCown would be a serviceable backup. They have to build an o-line.

Original post by ..DT..

It's a nice idea. I can see a team in the 5-8 range trading with Jacksonville or Oakland, where the cost is a little less for trading up. Thomas Demitroff likes a good trade, but despite getting Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Desmond Trufant...I have a feeling he will be fired today. I think it might be a stretch to get the likes of Andrus Peat, Brandon Scherff and Cedric Ogbuehi, but they will not be available when the Bucs come to pick in the second round. On Boxing Day, I re-watched the Bama @ LSU game, and I was not impressed with La'el Collins. He lacked agression, and was being constantly beatenby speed rushers. I think he's a guard or a RT at the next level, as his run blocking was better than his pass block. He could literally go anywhere in the first round.

Axe Candidates: Thomas Demitroff, John Idizik; Marc Trestman, Rob Ryan, Ken Whisenhunt. Edit. Mike Smith isn't really a 'candidate'...he's a goner.

I hope Rex Ryan stays with the Jets...if they fire him, and if they don't change that roster they will go 2-14 next season. Rex has worked miracles with the lack of talent available in that team. The Jets are close. And his team plays for him.

I don't know. Geno's been awful, to say the least, but another year in the system should help him. Year 2 is usually not kind to rookies, and year 3 is the real test. I can see him staying on the team for another season at least...the key would be to get a good veteran to back him up. If Kyle Orton becomes available, the Jets have to at least consider him.

Original post by shunter7634
I don't think any team will want to trade up for #1 though.

Where will the first QB go? Are Washington happy with RGIII, or will they bite at 5? Or will the Jets get pick of the litter at 6?

I'm feeling #2 with Tennessee, and they pick Mariota...simply because Jake Locker is even more injury prone than RG3. Washington are past the point of no return with RG3...they need to stand pat and work with him. He's been playing a lot better as he finally starts to get healthy, but he needs o-line help, and a defense to keep him in games.
(edited 9 years ago)
If the Titans get Mariota, the AFC South is a real division again rather than an Andrew Luck and JJ Watt showcase!

And no way should Thomas Dimitroff get fired! He's the sharpest dressed white guy in the NFL!

MIKE SMITH, PHIL EMERY, MARC TRESTMAN. REX RYAN, JOHN IDZIK, JIM HARBAUGH gone.
(edited 9 years ago)
Goodbye Rex...the Jets need a good staff, as they've a lot of offensive rebuilding to do. I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere...
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest