The Student Room Group

How to get 4 a's at AS level?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diana99
CONGRATS!! I'm sure you get in :yep::yep:
I'm in year 11 but I'd like to go to a Russel Group university and study medicine :smile:
Preferably Oxford /Cambridge but I'd have to work really hard and maintain my self-motivation for that lol . :redface::yep::smile::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go for it! You'll have to work really hard to get good GCSEs if you want to go to Oxford whereas Cambridge look more at Year 12 results (I don't know how they'll do it if they scrap AS-levels :s-smilie:) but I'm sure if you put yor mind to it you'll be fab! :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by elmothedancer
Go for it! You'll have to work really hard to get good GCSEs if you want to go to Oxford whereas Cambridge look more at Year 12 results (I don't know how they'll do it if they scrap AS-levels :s-smilie:) but I'm sure if you put yor mind to it you'll be fab! :biggrin:

:biggrin: Thanks!
The thing is , now there are no year 12 exams and you have to do them all at the end of year 13 (As and A2). So what will Cambridge look at to make their decisions? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
The thing is , now there are no year 12 exams and you have to do them all at the end of year 13 (As and A2). So what will Cambridge look at to make their decisions? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea sorry :dontknow:
Original post by diana99

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm fairly sure that Oxbridge expect you to take the AS exams in year 12 anyway, even if you don't get a qualification from it.
Reply 64
Original post by morgan8002
I'm fairly sure that Oxbridge expect you to take the AS exams in year 12 anyway, even if you don't get a qualification from it.

Oh okay I understand . Thanks :smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Guys, sorry for talking not about this topic exactly... Is the type of Solomon tasks similar to what we have in Edexcel?? Thanks for your response in advance :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by J2JW
Guys, sorry for talking not about this topic exactly... Is the type of Solomon tasks similar to what we have in Edexcel?? Thanks for your response in advance :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Solomon papers are generally harder than Edexcel. Same content, but harder.
Reply 67
Something I do for revision is create my own quiz's and tests, write the answers on a separate piece of paper and then ask a family member or friend to quiz me. This is great because I revise as I create the quiz and write the answers as well as when I take the quiz myself. This is best for subjects where lots of memorising is involved like biology ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Work your butt off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Omg just realised that I have only a few more weeks to go till my exams start !!!!! I h ave started revising now but I feel like there is just so much.Has anyone got a plan that I could go with so I can revise do past papers but still keep up with homework and social life. I do AQA physics, aqa chemistry , edexcel maths , ocr biology. Any useful websites or advice will be much appreciated.
Reply 70
A few don't you have like 12 lol
Reply 71
Original post by O9tharakanc
Omg just realised that I have only a few more weeks to go till my exams start 😰😰😱!!!!! I h ave started revising now but I feel like there is just so much.Has anyone got a plan that I could go with so I can revise do past papers but still keep up with homework and social life. I do AQA physics, aqa chemistry , edexcel maths , ocr biology. Any useful websites or advice will be much appreciated.😊

Hello, same problem
I'll advise about maths as it's the easiest subject where you can get a good grade. I would personally do a session of past papers per week (eg c3,c4,m1 June 13 now, jan 13 next week - there are enough of these sessions for you till May/June to do. If you run out of papers, use Solomon). In Maths solving past papers and maybe revision exercises at the end of the set of chapters in the book will be enough for a good job.

Use Sunday as relaxed day. Revise your short notes about each module (for my business I write one topic per paper so that I have a small set of notes per unit) and then social life.
However, I personally said goodbye to social life and I don't regret, because it helps me to concentrate more on self-improvement..
Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest