The Student Room Group

Can I Change to a different course when A2 results are given?

Hi I am an A2 student and I have applied For Maths& finance because I had BBB in AS level but have an A target in maths for A2. However I wanted to dentistry at university, I was wondering with few resits and hard work, if I have an AAA in A2 would I be able to apply to dentistry without missing out a year and reapplying the year after.
I do maths, chemistry and biology in A2
Reply 1
Do you mean applying for dentistry 2016 entry after ur a level results are released? If you are really keen on doing this, you can just reject the offers for maths and finance for 2015 entry. But bear in mind that dentistry applications put a lot of emphasis on work exp and other relevant extra curricular activities other than academic grades.
Reply 2
Original post by koyyj127
Do you mean applying for dentistry 2016 entry after ur a level results are released? If you are really keen on doing this, you can just reject the offers for maths and finance for 2015 entry. But bear in mind that dentistry applications put a lot of emphasis on work exp and other relevant extra curricular activities other than academic grades.

No I meant after a-level resuls are released and on the same year could you apply to dentistry because you have better results than your firm offer
Reply 3
Original post by asunny158
No I meant after a-level resuls are released and on the same year could you apply to dentistry because you have better results than your firm offer

No, all dentistry, medicine applications have to be submitted to UCAS before the mid october deadline. All dental schools require interviews before giving out offers so all offers are given before a level results are released. Even if there are spaces available after results day because some applicants failed to meet their offers, they will either be lenient and let them in or offer a place to those on the waiting lists/offer interviews to those who are previously rejected pre-interview.
Reply 4
Original post by koyyj127
No, all dentistry, medicine applications have to be submitted to UCAS before the mid october deadline. All dental schools require interviews before giving out offers so all offers are given before a level results are released. Even if there are spaces available after results day because some applicants failed to meet their offers, they will either be lenient and let them in or offer a place to those on the waiting lists/offer interviews to those who are previously rejected pre-interview.

so you would need to wait till next year to apply but since you already have A level results what re the procedures when you reapply
Reply 5
Original post by asunny158
so you would need to wait till next year to apply but since you already have A level results what re the procedures when you reapply

you just apply through UCAS before the deadline, which is around mid-october 2015. you will have to take the ukcat (for most dental schools)and bmat for leeds if you are applying there. Bear in mind that since everyone applying gets AAA anyway, they put a lot of emphasis on ur PS (aka ur work exp, volunteering etc. )
some unis puts a heavy emphasis on GCSEs and UKCAT
Reply 6
Why the change of heart? Just out of interest :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest