The Student Room Group

ucas conditional offer

I accepted conditional offer as a firm and Insurance choice but I didn't meet requirements.

I called the university but they know nothing in there and just sending emails to admission team.(admission team never answered to my questions before).

What should I do to they change my application status?

I already contacted different university and they are happy to accept me but I may lose this place, as my firm choice can't make their mainds.

I contacted UCAS they said they can't help me.
Original post by Monikak92
I accepted conditional offer as a firm and Insurance choice but I didn't meet requirements.

I called the university but they know nothing in there and just sending emails to admission team.(admission team never answered to my questions before).

What should I do to they change my application status?

I already contacted different university and they are happy to accept me but I may lose this place, as my firm choice can't make their mainds.

I contacted UCAS they said they can't help me.

You ask, "What should I do to they change my application status?" but you haven't told us the current status of your application.

Given what you've said, I'd expect the status in UCAS Hub to be:

"Waiting for confirmation
You’re waiting for confirmation of your choices. If you meet the offer conditions, the university/college will confirm your place. Send them your results if requested."
or
"You've not been placed at your firm or insurance choices.
You are now in Clearing. We've matched you to similar courses to help you explore some options."

Is it one of these? Or do you see some other status?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You ask, "What should I do to they change my application status?" but you haven't told us the current status of your application.

Given what you've said, I'd expect the status in UCAS Hub to be:

"Waiting for confirmation
You’re waiting for confirmation of your choices. If you meet the offer conditions, the university/college will confirm your place. Send them your results if requested."
or
"You've not been placed at your firm or insurance choices.
You are now in Clearing. We've matched you to similar courses to help you explore some options."

Is it one of these? Or do you see some other status?

My status says: "Waiting for confirmation"
I sent them most of the results like 3 months ago already as I am mature student. They requested me to do functional skill for English and math as well but I can't make it on time.
I informed them I will not get the results of one of the exam on time but I didn't hear from them back that's why I called them.
If they have all results.Anyway they did not change the status for me. Is anything what I can do, or I just need to wait another week or two?
Original post by Monikak92
My status says: "Waiting for confirmation"
I sent them most of the results like 3 months ago already as I am mature student. They requested me to do functional skill for English and math as well but I can't make it on time.
I informed them I will not get the results of one of the exam on time but I didn't hear from them back that's why I called them.
If they have all results.Anyway they did not change the status for me. Is anything what I can do, or I just need to wait another week or two?

It sounds like they're probably waiting on your Functional Skills results. When did you let them know that you'd be unable to take these tests in time? If that was within the last few days, the issue is likely that they're just swamped dealing with so many applicants right now.

You said earlier that, "I called the university but they know nothing". If you're not going to be able to take the Functional Skills tests, then I think you need to call them and say, "Please reject my application so I can apply for another course via Clearing."

Until they explicitly accept you or reject you, you're stuck in limbo unfortunately.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
It sounds like they're probably waiting on your Functional Skills results. When did you let them know that you'd be unable to take these tests in time? If that was within the last few days, the issue is likely that they're just swamped dealing with so many applicants right now.

You said earlier that, "I called the university but they know nothing". If you're not going to be able to take the Functional Skills tests, then I think you need to call them and say, "Please reject my application so I can apply for another course via Clearing."

Until they explicitly accept you or reject you, you're stuck in limbo unfortunately.

I told them last week, then its possible they didn't get to it just yet.

I will try to call them again and ask if they can reject me .

Thank you for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending