The Student Room Group

Im a medical student and I'd like to use a computer for my exams.

Im a fourth medic and this summer i have several essay exams [some 3 hours long] and I really really wanted to use a computer as I often find it difficult to write for long periods of time [im far better at typing]. I wanted to attend my GP to get a letter for my mild wrist problems - has anyone done this.

Thank you all, but if only people with this issue could respond or any medical students :]
(edited 9 years ago)
Do you have a medical problem with your joints?
Reply 2
Original post by Etomidate
Do you have a medical problem with your joints?

not exactly.. but they do tire when I write!
Original post by Legit

Well, three hour essays will do that. Best of luck for your exams.
Original post by Legit

so do everyone else's
Reply 5
Original post by Legit
Im a fourth medic and this summer i have several essay exams [some 3 hours long] and I really really wanted to use a computer as I often find it difficult to write for long periods of time [im far better at typing]. I wanted to attend my GP to get a letter for my mild wrist problems - has anyone done this.

Thank you all, but if only people with this issue could respond or any medical students :]

Unless you have a diagnosed condition which is known to impede your hand function then no, you won't to use a computer.

I'm revising at the moment and writing for hours is painful. That's just the way it is.
My advice is to write throughout the year instead of typing, or at least leading up to exams. Buy a nice pen that's easy to write with, that's very important. Lots of biros are actually effortful to write with - a ballpoint or even an ink pen can significantly increase the comfort of doing lots of writing.

Everybody gets a sore, tired and crampy hand during exams, and most people can type faster than they write. In the job you'll be writing at break-neck speed running around consultants on ward rounds, so think of it as a skill you're banking for the future, and a handicap you share with everyone!

As with any physical exercise, if you don't use the muscles you're going to lose them.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending